Do we still have a chance at Evan Neal?

Advertisement
89B0D391-F70D-41AD-8717-84C854FA65B0.png

We are not by any means the only team that goes through this. LSU is having a great season and Bama might be taking their best local DT from them. UF is having a good season and has Trey sanders brother on the roster but he still might go to bama. Keyvon thibodeaux is from Cali and bama will probably still end up getting him. Darnell wright is from Virginia and Tennessee has put in work but it will still probably be Bama. The trend to land a recruit isn’t whether or not your having a good season it seems to be whether or not your battling bama for them. They get everyone they wanna get.

Also it seems lime Bama recruits by stars. They don’t really push for guys who aren’t highly ranked. They have the juice and they not gonna settle. They are in on at least 50% of all 5 stars every year.

View attachment 68535
We are not by any means the only team that goes through this. LSU is having a great season and Bama might be taking their best local DT from them. UF is having a good season and has Trey sanders brother on the roster but he still might go to bama. Keyvon thibodeaux is from Cali and bama will probably still end up getting him. Darnell wright is from Virginia and Tennessee has put in work but it will still probably be Bama. The trend to land a recruit isn’t whether or not your having a good season it seems to be whether or not your battling bama for them. They get everyone they wanna get.

It doesn’t sting to lose a recruit when you have other blue chippers on standby and redshirting or or running with the second and third strings. We have not had multiple years of recruiting elite talent in the o line and it’s showing. If bama lands neal and wright they will be competing for the 2nds or third string spot behind leatherwood. And the second string might already be on the team. We can’t even find a consistent starter in either L or R tackle. That’s why losing Neal hurts.

Advertisement
OU fired Mike Stoops, their DC mid season. Too bad Miami’s administration doesn’t have the balls to fire our OL coach. Searles has to go.

Last edited:
He is not coming here but even if we werent having such a disappointing season, he still would be going to Bama.

Advertisement
Also it seems lime Bama recruits by stars. They don’t really push for guys who aren’t highly ranked. They have the juice and they not gonna settle. They are in on at least 50% of all 5 stars every year.

Bama and other teams don't recruit stars, they are what produces the star rankings to begin with. When a top school is showing interest, recruiting services take notice, invite to camps, and rank accordingly. It isn't strictly based on that as they do move pieces around based on what they think, but it all starts with the schools.

This is booster driven. Boosters are obsessed with recruiting rankings and want to be #1 every year for bragging rights. Saban takes care of the visits and they take care of the bags.

Bama and other teams don't recruit stars, they are what produces the star rankings to begin with. When a top school is showing interest, recruiting services take notice, invite to camps, and rank accordingly. It isn't strictly based on that as they do move pieces around based on what they think, but it all starts with the schools.
I think it’s a little of both. Yes they push guys to get bumps but when they get on guys late in the game they almost always are alrready ranked high.

Advertisement
I think it’s a little of both. Yes they push guys to get bumps but when they get on guys late in the game they almost always are alrready ranked high.

This...people speaking in absolutes like that are kind of silly. Its never caused completely by one or the other. This is a decent proportion of both...

about as much as me hitting the Powerball or Mega millions and paying off Pastor Richt's contract.

Advertisement
about as much as me hitting the Powerball or Mega millions and paying off Pastor Richt's contract.

I wish I would’ve hit that 1.6 billion or whatever it was. We be going at it with Bama on an “even” playing field 🤐

Advertisement
Back