Do we have the players right now?

Advertisement
QB: Talent for sure, but extremely young and young QBs are usually prone to mistakes that cost games. Rhett would have to do a stellar job from here to win the Coastal.
RB: Yes, talented enough to do almost anything.
OL: Not coached well enough to be a serious contender.
WR/TE: Plenty of talent to be efficient but that never seems to matter, good today and bad tomorrow.
DL: Solid talent, solid coaching I suppose but not the great to elite group you’d like to see in year 6. Guys like McCloud & Johnson really aren’t the level we should have getting as much time as they do.
LB: Poooooorly coached unit, as bad as the OL honestly. I suppose Smith & Huff could be WLBs and Brooks could start at MLB, that’s talented enough but the coaches I think will absolutely favor Jennings & Flagg for whatever reason. They seem to prefer the least athletic players at Mike.
DBs: Some good, some bad and way too inconsistent to rely on.

We don’t have OL talent, DL is pedestrian and the scheme sucks …if that answer your question

Advertisement
We have one of the worst defensive schemes in college football.
Meh.

It's Manny's fault for **** recruiting/development but what difference makers do we have at any level of the defense?

Nothing on the DL. LBs ... nothing needs to be said. CB is average at best. S play has been average at best.

This defense is predicated on DL pressure (we get none) and smart Safety play to clean things up (Hall ... LOL)

I think the biggest problem is that the players with the most talent and/or potential are first and second year players. Manny has recruited well, but adversely favors experience over raw talent.

We have the talent to dominate our division and win ACCCG , BUT

No identity
No confidence
No field presence
No understanding of playbook AT ALL
The list is very long

I drank the KOOLAIDE believing all this was IMPOSSIBLE to happen.

The only players I BELIEVE putting in the extra training are not playing or playing enough.

This team is a go through the motions team PERIOD.

Last year players ACKNOWLEDGED this then SPUN it like politicians do .

IT”S STILL HERE AN INFESTATION.

With a swig of KOOLAIDE it’s this :

We finally came together in unity winning 69-0 we succeeded in separating our selves from our mistakes and we are now focused to make a run in winning the ACC.

What s tremendous feeling in winning games in convincing fashion were embracing this victory in carrying us through the rest of the season.

I poured the rest of the KOOLAIDE down the sink and hurled.

We have the players, but the problem is going to be keeping them after this season. We have already seen an exodus of players from the baseball and basketball teams. If changes aren't made within the athletic department and the coaching staff, we will see the same thing with football.

Advertisement
To be elite or pretty good?

Answer is no

No matter what anyone tells u here don't listen. Don't look at the stars....the evals are bad most of the time and once u hit college stars get erased. The hype of recruit highlights here set unrealistic bars cause people don't know wtf they are looking at.

Donaldson was a freshman ALL AMERICAN.

He came in this year in the best shape of his life and he is a worse player than he was as a freshman and sophomore.

The majority of the team has regressed under Diaz. When guys are getting worse all over the field over time, talent isn’t the problem.

We have the talent to dominate the ACC this year. What we don’t have is the structure.

I don’t know if you have ever played championship football against fbs level players, but I have. As a sophomore we won a state title against the USA Today number 1 ranked team loaded with guys who signed with Miami, FSU, UF, Bama, G Tech etc.

We had the same talent level my junior and senior year but our coach left after we won State and the new guy wasn’t a real leader. We went 8-3 then 5-6 with first round playoff losses. People couldn’t figure out why we were underperforming, but it was ALL the head coach.

I know we ain’t 2000-2002 talented, but our guys are better than they have shown. When your head coach is a weak leader and doesn’t have the experience to manage a team, everything looks bad. The players look slow, weak, and undisciplined. It’s because they are not being developed properly emotionally. The EMOTIONAL development of a football team is the most important aspect to building a successful team. Even if you get scheme and technique right (which we have not), if you don’t AUTHENTICALLY develop the hearts and minds of your team, you will fail.

Think about every upset you have ever witnessed. The more talented team looks slow and weak. They tighten up and make mistakes either watching or guessing wrong. They weren’t emotionally prepared for the challenge that this team they overlooked would present. They don’t look like themselves. A bad football coach makes his team look like that frequently. Over time, Diaz’s team looks like that more and more frequently. Everybody looks stuck in the mud.

Even if we played well, no one knowledgeable would say we have elite talent. But we ABSOLUTELY have the pieces to be a GOOD football team that dominates the coastal and competes for the ACC. A competent head coach would have made us the team to beat in the ACC this year. It will take a miracle on par with the parting of the Red Sea for us to win the division.

Advertisement
Back