Do we have room for anyone else?

Advertisement
If he's counting the c/o 2024 summer enrollees (per his "31 new comers," he must be), and players only begin to count against the 85 once they are actually enrolled (per @TheOriginalCane that is the case), then he has overcounted by 10 (per our EE thread showing 10 summer enrollees).

Advertisement
Jason Blum GIF by The Forever Purge

I asked my wife once if there was room for one more. She assumed I was talking about another woman, so she slapped me. I told her I was talking about another child, and she slapped me again.

But seriously, you always, always find room for a guy you think could be your starting QB. Just don't ask my wife for one. She'll slap you, too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
More will enter the portal and leave in the Spring once their low place on the depth chart is established.

If that's the case then we can't sign anyone in February or another portal player til mid March or April?

If he's counting the c/o 2024 summer enrollees (per his "31 new comers," he must be), and players only begin to count against the 85 once they are actually enrolled (per @TheOriginalCane that is the case), then he has overcounted by 10 (per our EE thread showing 10 summer enrollees).

Absolutely true. Now that IC limits have been eliminated, and we only look at the "85" number, there has been an oversimiplification by a lot of people.

Bottom line, you can't just say "we signed XX guys". That's nice, but they don't all enroll at the same time.

Anyone starting in August...does not count at this time. Same with guys who report at Summer 1/Summer 2.

We've got time to trim, if we need spots for Summer/Fall guys to enroll.

Advertisement
I'm actually surprised there weren't a few more roster departures in that first transfer window. There's a couple dudes who haven't played here for multiple seasons. Guess they'll give it 1 more go in spring b4 bouncing

Advertisement
Back