Do we have a shot at the Big Dance?

Its gonna be tough, I would say NIT. Coach has done a **** of a job, just to even have talking about the tourney

For the longest time, remember that to be eligible for the NIT, you had to be .500 or over. That's no longer the case, but no team under .500 has made it. We're currently 9-7, with 14 conference games plus a home game against Norfolk State (7-7). Assuming we beat Norfolk State, that means we have to go 6-8 the rest of the way (plus win at least one game in the ACC tournament so that our loss keeps us at .500). The only team under .500 the rest of the way is BC, so it will be tough sledding, but I think we have a shot.

And while I know it is a big comedown, I would take the CBI bid if it was offered. Guys like Jekiri, Manu and Reed could truly benefit from additional games, however we get them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It's good to be optimistic and hope and cheer for the best, but I think most agree it will take a very very strong finish to make the dance and while this team is getting better, I don't think this team has the ability yet to finish that strongly. It is what it is. Take our lumps this year and come back with a vengeance next year.

Advertisement
Back