Do We Have a New S/C Coach?

Advertisement
I believe Ishmael is second in command.

[INSTAGRAM]Bd_Lvk_H30P[/INSTAGRAM]

I just don't understand the logic of having an obese S&C coaching, teaching S&C and also components of nutrition. Call me crazy, but I just don't get it.

So by logic, since Swassey was a fit dude (he was), he was great S&C coach for the U?

Let's make this simpler. Would you pay an obese guy your hard earned money to train you (Fitness and conditioning) and teach you how to be healthy (food/lifestyle)?

Last edited:

I just don't understand the logic of having an obese S&C coaching, teaching S&C and also components of nutrition. Call me crazy, but I just don't get it.

So by logic, since Swassey was a fit dude (he was), he was great S&C coach for the U?

Let's make this simpler. Would you pay an obese guy to train you (Fitness and conditioning) and teach you how to be healthy (food/lifestyle)?

Gus, yes...Cause he's pretty good strength and Conditioning coach. Plus usually S&C coach and Nutritionist are a separate function on a athletic level. I think you're describing what a person gets from a LA Fitness or Snap Fitness center. Can't confuse the two.

Dude is strong. He's a S&C coach, not the ******* nutritionist. It's like most of the people here have no experience with either regular or strength sports and understand that while the two are linked and should be talking to each other, they should be different people because you should have an expert for both. There are major issues with High School and College S&C, but it's not because the coach is big.

Advertisement
Some people complain just to complain. Surprised nobody has complained Richt never started as a QB here therefore shouldn't be a HC.

Dude is strong. He's a S&C coach, not the ****ing nutritionist. It's like most of the people here have no experience with either regular or strength sports and understand that while the two are linked and should be talking to each other, they should be different people because you should have an expert for both. There are major issues with High School and College S&C, but it's not because the coach is big.

Let's make this simpler. Would you pay an obese guy to train you (Fitness and conditioning) and teach you how to be healthy (food/lifestyle)?

Gus, yes...Cause he's pretty good strength and Conditioning coach. Plus usually S&C coach and Nutritionist are a separate function on a athletic level. I think you're describing what a person gets from a LA Fitness or Snap Fitness center. Can't confuse the two.

I agree - S&C and nutritionist are separate functions in an athletic department, but S&C guys should know something about nutrition and how to eat and hydrate too.

And I'm not saying a S&C coach must look like an Olympic sprinter, but **** it's called strength and "conditioning" for a reason. The guys should be an expert in both. In Gus's case, it means you're taking instructions from a guy that's obviously not conditioned, doesn't have personal discipline, and doesn't practice what he preaches. It's strange.

It's like going to church and listening to the reverend preaching fire, brimstone, the 10 commandments sinning and staying away from vices, while he's out doing blow, coveting his neighbors wife, and ******** hookers at night. All's I'm saying

I mean, the dude played OT at Penn State. So it's probably a good chance he's been over 300 pounds since HS. Some dudes are just naturally big, so I'm not going to assume he's eating healthy or what not. Check out his IG page. Dude puts on a clinic when it comes to lifting tho. The only thing he needs to know is how to put on the proper strength and weight through Workouts for these athletes, and it seems like he's doing a pretty good job so far! I know fit dudes that don't know **** about how to train a person in sport. , I know good Doctors that smoke, so I don't know bro!

If being fit is your main qualification for being a strength coach for a major university football program, just go hire any $10/hour dude at the local planet fitness.

If anything, strength training is most important for the guys on our roster who actually resemble Felder's body type. Functional football strength is not the same thing as having a "beach body".

Advertisement

And I'm not saying a S&C coach must look like an Olympic sprinter, but **** it's called strength and "conditioning" for a reason. The guys should be an expert in both. In Gus's case, it means you're taking instructions from a guy that's obviously not conditioned, doesn't have personal discipline, and doesn't practice what he preaches. It's strange.

There's literally video of him doing conditioning work on his Instagram. He has the body type of highland games/strongmen competitors. Their conditioning is fine. Don't judge based off of size, especially if you don't know **** and haven't bothered looking.

There's literally video of him doing conditioning work on his Instagram. He has the body type of highland games/strongmen competitors. Their conditioning is fine. Don't judge based off of size, especially if you don't know **** and haven't bothered looking.

You can post as many Instagram photos as you want, but I’m looking at this dude. Sure he may be able to lift a ton, but he’d obese and out of shape. He’s about 340lbs or more. I know plenty of guys like this and it don’t take an expert to see it.

Advertisement

You can post as many Instagram photos as you want, but I’m looking at this dude. Sure he may be able to lift a ton, but he’d obese and out of shape. He’s about 340lbs or more. I know plenty of guys like this and it don’t take an expert to see it.

You are the one that said conditioned. Use correct terminology if you are going to attempt to criticize. There's video of him doing sled pushes, jump rope, etc etc. Those are signs of being conditioned. You do not need to be ultra lean to be conditioned. Could he be leaner? Probably. Would being leaner help him with his job? Probably not. Congrats on knowing plenty of big guys though!

He's also done interviews on his conditioning process for athletes, and it's pretty much on target for what current research says to do for football conditioning.

Joey-Batson-Clemson.jpg

Clemson.jpg

This guy by definition would be obese too. Miss me that BS about Felder

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back