Do the kids....

Not like Coach Rumph?

Whats the deal? Y'all rag on him night and day about recruiting. I don't know the guy except for hes a national champ and a UM guy 100%. But is there actual evidence kids don't like him? I just feel its getting real old and sounding like a broken record around here and its not like our corners are a bad group or dont perform well. I dont get it.

Advertisement
1581559553260.gif

U can using this..but seriously your not gonna find the answer on CIS

He isn't disliked by recruits.

The main problem with some here is their level of expectations. They want 5* recruits and we've been a 3* team on the field. He's most certainly out recruited our on the field results, they're just too hateful or dumb to realize it.

Advertisement
I think Rumph all in all is a solid recruiter, but he can do way better. But the recruiting strategy is mind boggling, both at corner & on the whole roster.

We have signed 8 four star corners in the last 8 years. But the problem is we haven’t really developed or put corners into the nfl. Last 5 star corner was Tracey Howard?

I don’t have a problem with Rumph at all. Has recruited decent and has been able to get really good play out of corners. It’s tough to really have constant flow of corners that are nfl talent. LSU. Ohio state. And maybe Bama are the only thre really. And they bring in a5 star corner everyyear

Advertisement
For the record I'm definitely in full support of him. I just dont get the vitriol at times bc the secondary, to me, has been recruited and coached pretty darn well.

Advertisement
I just think he doesnt kiss a recruits *** like other coaches which with today's kids are soft comparably to the past just need feel as if they are all the best thing since sliced bread. not everyone can be a salesman. he is one **** of a coach tho

Rumph doesn’t like recruiting , and it’s pretty obvious. He’s kinda awkward at it , great dude though. Just isn’t comfortable with that side of college coaching.

I just think he doesnt kiss a recruits *** like other coaches which with today's kids are soft comparably to the past just need feel as if they are all the best thing since sliced bread. not everyone can be a salesman. he is one **** of a coach tho

This is also true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back