Do the ESPN announcers and ACC refs get paychecks from Duke?

give Kelly his props..kid is a baller....with reggie playing last night like he did it was 4 on 5 BB...you never win those games,,

the team never quit...DUKE DID IN MIAMI...

Advertisement
give Kelly his props..kid is a baller....with reggie playing last night like he did it was 4 on 5 BB...you never win those games,,

the team never quit...DUKE DID IN MIAMI...

Kelly is a very good player and an excellent shooter, but that game he had was just absurd. Put him in an empty gym with nobody around and I doubt he shoots ~80% from three like he did against us.

I thought it was a fairly called game. There were a few questionable calls we got too.

Kelly ******* sucks. Kid averages 13 points a game and had the game of his life yesterday. Had it not been for Reggie eating minutes this isn't even a discussion as we would've won by 10+.

I thought it was a fairly called game. There were a few questionable calls we got too.

After having a night to cool off, I actually agree. Did we have some awful calls called against us? Sure. But I thought they did, too. Between Reggie going MIA and Kadji inexplicably coming off of Kelly to "help", that's why we lost the game.

Advertisement
If Duke is as good as everyone says with Kelly back, what does that make us? Just as good as them or better, I guess. Wonder when ESPN will figure that out.

Yep. ESPN shmee esspeennn. Took their best guy to go absurdly lights out to beat us, and we still came within one bad pass and a barely clanked 3 to go OT. Wonder how he'll hold up, knowing that should we face them again, he'll have to duplicate that same performance. Pressure's on him.

Two comments: 1. Send Johnson to the bench. He's slow, can't jump and lacks motivation and most of all a negative for us both offensively and defensively. 2. Forget about ESPN and he refs as excuses and face the fact that Kelly ha1d a career game and everyone's dream if they play the game. For us to stay within 3 points facing that kind night by Kelly proves to me our victory at home by 27 wasn't accidental.

Advertisement

Agreed. Really predictable that people would be up in arms about officiating after a loss at Duke.

what gets me is how many times has reggie let a ball go right through his hands?? how man times has he gotten the ball right under the basket and put it on the ground instead of just going up with it?? how many times has he missed point blank shots??? things like this will kill us in close games like this were every point matters. Kellys played outta his mind BUT if we dont have a couple bone headed turnovers I think we would have walked outta there with a W. RJ and even Scott have to cut way back on their mistakes.

Another thing was free throws in crunch time. we did amazing the whole game until the final stretch.

Advertisement
Back