Do perspective coaches know something we don't?

Advertisement
Honestly sounds like BS to me. Genuine coaching candidates don't generally telegraph their interest in jobs like this publically. This sounds like crafty agents spreading info to improve the market for their clients. The Herman stuff sure sounds like his agent is just trying to start the bidding war for him. Maybe the Strong stuff is just his agent trying to put feelers out that he's willing to leave Texas, or that he has other options, since its no secret that its been a disaster down there.

Beyond Butch, Schiano, Chud, and Mario, I just don't trust any public "rumor" that some coach is interested. When that info leaks its usually because they are trying to leverage the situation for other benefits.

I doubt Herman is going to let his agent put out all of this stuff for nothing. He is a first year HC at a school that is ranked and 7-0. The bidding war is going to be far superior if he can keep his team focused and end up 11-1 or 12-0 this year than if he throws his name around to multiple schools. He's not going to let all of this outside stuff distract his team and result in a end of the year crash and literally cost him any open job he wants.

I think Strong would be incredible here. Might be just me. This has a totally different feel than last time when we were between Trestman and Golden. Don't **** up, Admin

Prospective coaches watched Golden finish with an average of a top 15 recruiting class every year despite going .500 during his tenure. If you have any self confidence you gotta think you could win the conference or be in the title game every year with that roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back