Do our quarterbacks go to second reads?

954canelife

The Bj Wilkes Show
- Gattis is not going to work here. We don`t have the personnel and I don't see it coming in the fashion we need it.
- We don't spread the ball out to make running lanes easier even though we need to win now (could care less about what needs to be implemented. Cant recruit the best without wins.) So we will never get the players needed to run the offense if we don`t win.

- The creativity is truly lacking, it's been weeks and we still have not drawn up one easy goal-line play. (Even a trick play in the RedZone. )

- We need a physical running back who can break tackles.
- If this is Mario's offense or what he wants the offensive line must be elite( not what we call elite but truly elite.)
- There is a disconnect... I don't see the players being engaged with the offense.

I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT IS BEING TAUGHT IN PRACTICE BUT THIS TEAM CAN'T BE WORSE THAN LAST YEAR. IT`S THE SAME PLAYERS AND EVEN DEEPER AT SOME SPOTS. REALLY INTRIGUED TO SEE WHAT MARIO DOES. THIS IS NOT THE PAC12 ONE THING ABOUT THE ACC IS WE HAVE PRETTY GOOD QUARTERBACK PLAY YEAR AFTER YEAR. SO IDK

Advertisement
No one is open. Ever. On any play.

Every catch has a DB draped over the WR, or it's Restrepo jumping in between 3 DBs, or Young making a miracle 1 handed catch.

The routes are so bad, simple, and close that the FSU CB who got the first INT was covering both of our WRs in his zone.

You don't need to, they're all running to the same spot so you can see them all.

While I'm joking, I'm somewhat not.

The long pass Jacurri threw earlier in the game, we had a second route trailing the first. What kind of **** is that? It's crazy what we do.

Advertisement
Second reads? Apparently, we don't even have passing plays in the offense. What's Gattis been doing since TVD got injured? I mean, you know this was likely, right? That you wouldn't have a healthy TVD. I feel bad for Garcia and Jacurri.

1667709738528.png

This been going on all season. This is not the most high octane offense but plays are there. If this is continuing to be an issue maybe you point the finger at qb coach, the qb, or both. First read flats second read deep, third read run or throw away. Where was Tyler eyes this entire play, back across the field. Sorry that ain’t Gattis or Mario.

Advertisement
This is an offense that requires more of its players for very little added juice. Great coaches simplify complex things to make them usable.

For guys (not just QBs) who last year played in a very easy-to-use system, they’re now being asked to do something so foreign that they look like they’ve previously barely played the sport.

Mind you, this is actually all on Mario, as he’s the one who put the puzzle pieces together. Shame he put them together backward (and maybe upside down).

Our coordinators don’t run simple stuff.

Can it work yes, but it’s harder on players to learn.

Combine that with harder practices, harder everything else, more accountability, it’s been terrible. Injuries have compounding all this even more.

View attachment 214158
This been going on all season. This is not the most high octane offense but plays are there. If this is continuing to be an issue maybe you point the finger at qb coach, the qb, or both. First read flats second read deep, third read run or throw away. Where was Tyler eyes this entire play, back across the field. Sorry that ain’t Gattis or Mario.
This could still be a playcall issue depending on what the progressions are. It's the same issue I had watching Coley as OC. It was clear the progressions weren't good. As ridiculous as it might sound, the issue here could be his first read is over there, or just as reasonable is it could be as you said, the QB.

Advertisement
View attachment 214158
it has. When the youtubers break it down I see it every week. And not just on the offensive side of the ball. You're left wondering, what the **** are they looking at. We truly have some low football IQ players.

View attachment 214158

It’s on the multi million dollar coaches to get that corrected after the first few games. We are 3/4 through the season and there are still guys open that aren’t being seen then that is coaching. Idc what anyone says. Either you are coaching it or allowing it to happen. IT IS ON COACHES TO GET THAT FIXED. If we were executing elsewhere then ok, whatever..it’d still be an issue but obviously not as glaring. But this is beyond a sh*tshow, and they have seen it on Sundays in film week after week and haven’t fixed it/coached it differently. So, so frustrating.

Advertisement
This is an offense that requires more of its players for very little added juice. Great coaches simplify complex things to make them usable.

For guys (not just QBs) who last year played in a very easy-to-use system, they’re now being asked to do something so foreign that they look like they’ve previously barely played the sport.

Mind you, this is actually all on Mario, as he’s the one who put the puzzle pieces together. Shame he put them together backward (and maybe upside down).
in the post-game presser, Mario said "Coach Gattis runs a GREAT offense"

drop ball.gif

Advertisement
Back