Do a lot of you also post over on the Ohio State Forums?

Silver King

Pass Block
They seem to have a lot of the same experts over there, but pull the trigger even quicker:

“Schiano = INSANITY
We have 4 and 5 Star top recruits, yet we see the same results. Career days by inferior teams and competition, based upon how they have played coming into our game. YET, we keep doing the same thing schematically.”

“Does anything change during the bye week?
No changes...fans could see this coming for weeks and no changes were made. What imperical evidence does anyone have that this staff will make meaningful changes that will impact the quality of play... The product Urban is running out there right now is unacceptable.”

“Is urban really this blind, deaf, and dumb?
This entire team has regressed since day 1 except for haskins and the wrs. Does urban have the balls like Saban to fire schiano, grinch, Davis, and the ol coach who are worthless and making this team worse?”

Advertisement
Just think, we almost had Schiano as our head coach. The powers that be may STILL have him as the next runner up. Just be careful what you wish for...

Strictly Schadenfreude observation only...Great for knowing what will work best to turn the knife even more on Monday.

Its the nature of the current state of college football. Minus alabama most teams play a cpl of games a year down to their competition.

Advertisement
Just think, we almost had Schiano as our head coach. The powers that be may STILL have him as the next runner up. Just be careful what you wish for...
Dude couldn’t get a job at tennnessee or ucf he can frig off

Advertisement
Whaaaaaaat????

Fans are upset after their team loses a game they shouldn't???

You mean to tell me they aren't just passive Kool-aid drinkers who believe coaches should never be held accountable for poor performances???

Guess they didn't get the memo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whaaaaaaat????

Fans are upset after their team loses a game they shouldn't???

You mean to tell me they aren't just passive Kool-aid drinkers who believe coaches should never be held accountable for poor performances???

Guess they didn't get the memo.

Problem with this thought process is Urban is one of the best coaches in college right now, if not at least #2 behind Saban. So when the fanbase freaks out over a bad loss, lets start calling for his head and ignore any success he's had up to this point. Then who is going to be hired that is going to do better? You just fired #2 and the odds of Saban leaving Bama are virtually zero. It doesn't make someone a kool aid drinker to consider long term ramifications of chasing a coach off. If your coach is absolute bottom of the barrel, or you know with very high confidence that coach X is coming and he's a significant upgrade, then make the move right away (ie Al golden). Otherwise you have to think long and hard about where you will be when you run off the current coach and need to consider that coaches history over time rather than an anomaly.

Advertisement
Problem with this thought process is Urban is one of the best coaches in college right now, if not at least #2 behind Saban. So when the fanbase freaks out over a bad loss, lets start calling for his head and ignore any success he's had up to this point. Then who is going to be hired that is going to do better? You just fired #2 and the odds of Saban leaving Bama are virtually zero. It doesn't make someone a kool aid drinker to consider long term ramifications of chasing a coach off. If your coach is absolute bottom of the barrel, or you know with very high confidence that coach X is coming and he's a significant upgrade, then make the move right away (ie Al golden). Otherwise you have to think long and hard about where you will be when you run off the current coach and need to consider that coaches history over time rather than an anomaly.
They're not calling for Urby's head, they want Schiano fired.

And I don't want Richt fired either, I want a new OC & for people to stop thinking that criticism of Coach when he deserves is against the law.

You have fans on here who are literally grasping at straws to find a scapegoat to blame instead of the Head man in charge & over the years if anybody dared to question the offense they would immediately get bombarded with a litany of excuses & it's just gotten tiresome because it's completely bogus.

Last edited:
They're not calling for Urby's head, they want Schiano fired.

And I don't want Richt fired either, I want a new OC & for people to stop thinking that criticism of Coach when he deserves is against the law.

You have fans on here who are literally grasping at straws to find a scapegoat to blame instead of the Head man in charge & over the years if anybody dared to question the offense they would immediately get bombarded with a litany of excuses & it's just gotten tiresome because it's completely bogus.

Your response is fair and so is the current criticism that Richt is getting. The criticism he's receiving is not my issue. My issue is there are a lot of short sighted fans here and other schools who think firing the current HC is going to fix all the problems and the program will dominate under the replacement. My bad if I misunderstood your post.

0017c857dc66e42d17f3b5134ec4185d.jpg

Advertisement
Back