Dline

SoFlaSmitty

Junior
Starting to think that Golden and them believe that getting JUCO D-Line are better then high school. It seems as if they feel because the JUCO kids are basically men with a year or two of playing bigger and stronger people they will be bigger and stronger then high school kids. Kind of like what the basketball team did. Grab older bigger guys at a dirty grinding position to play against these kids right out of high school.

Advertisement
people can you please stop acting like the big cloud (sanction) are not hanging over us just because we feel like its over don’t mean recruits feel the same and when they take visits to places like Alabama, Florida, FL state, or lsu and see those bowl games they went to they don’t think "hey i can play for Miami and just play the regular season" it’s not that its guaranteed it’s the fact that we don’t know and they don’t either so some don’t take the chance especially JUCO they only have 2 years and they need bowl games for the NFL

I don't think it's a preference, as much as it is a necessity. He's whiffing so hard on the top high school defensive linemen that he's forced to try and patch the mistakes with ready-made help from the JUCO ranks.

I think part of it has to do with us whiffing on big-time prospects and part of it is wanting guys who can make an instant impact. If we had more quality depth on the interior then maybe we could afford to sign freshmen and develop them. Right now that's not the case.

I'm all for signing JUCO kids. Depending on what area the JUCO is in, JUCO football is almost at the level of Division-1 football. Most of the top JUCOs in the country are stacked with D1 and D1AA talent.

Advertisement
Yeah, its definately a bandaid. When 3 recruiting cycles later you've failed to land a true impact DT (Pierre has not gotten there yet but maybe this season..and thats it), you can't keep bringing in JAGs. Briscoe wasn't moved to guard because we need guards. Moore, Ivery, King, not seeing Impact FBS DT's there but would love to be wrong. So its really a matter of throwing a bunch of **** at the wall and seeing what sticks, and if you're gonna take a chance, better to take a chance on a guy a little older who is further along in his development, and if he sucks, won't be around for 5 years taking up his replacements scholly

The problem with going with the JUCO route is SEC teams have better relationships with the Mississippi JUCO schools than Miami. Which means Miami has to go to Cali or Kansas

The only way this post could possibly make any sense is if the staff had shown MORE interest in actually recruiting JUCOs, which just isn't the case. People are panicking because we are losing out on kids and now trying to rationalize why that is. The reality is that big kids on the d-line are the most in demand prospects there are (outside of maybe QB) and if a kid is huge and can play EVERY ELITE PROGRAM in the country is after them. PArtner that with the seemingly disproportionate rate of crazy at the DT position, the lunacy of 17 year old kids in general and all the **** surrounding this program (it ain't gone yet, as much as we wish it was)...and sometimes you start whiffing. Has nothing to do with the staff preferring JUCOs to high school kids.

The problem with going with the JUCO route is SEC teams have better relationships with the Mississippi JUCO schools than Miami. Which means Miami has to go to Cali or Kansas

More to this point, it is much harder to transfer from a JUCO to a private school like Miami. Much easier to transfer credits to a large state school. Beau Sandland was the exception last year.

Advertisement
Kansas State always does well with their JUCO's...It's like almost half of K-State was JUCO's and they just got more. I see that's played out very well for them.

Advertisement
Back