Dline Prototype Player's According to DL Coach Larry Johnson

Paranos

All-ACC
Larry Johnson is the reigning FBS king of DL Coaches and he shares his methodology for evaluating potential recruits. If you ever wanted to truly understand how to find a elite dlinemen than listen closely to the interview.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I think UM has done a good job recruiting the right physical prototype on the d line the past few years.

I think UM has done a good job recruiting the right physical prototype on the d line the past few years.
Rousseau, long arms, athletic, frame to add weight. He seems like he was built in a lab to play DE.

Advertisement
Nobody better in the business than Larry.

Still kills me to see him at OSU, but could never hate the man. He's a legend.

Hate taint but the guys got the skills at developing his players

He gets a lot of highly recruited 4stars and five stars.

His recruiting is more impressive than his developing, if he was developing three stars I would give him more credit.

He gets a lot of highly recruited 4stars and five stars.

His recruiting is more impressive than his developing, if he was developing three stars I would give him more credit.

Says someone didn't bother to watch the interview. Johnson succeed with both unheralded and heralded recruits over the past 20 years. Davon Hamilton, Austin Johnson, Michael Haynes, Tyquan Lewis, etc and the Bosa's and Chase Young's of the world.

If the last 20 years at Miami has proven anything, it's that the 4 and 5 star kids need developing too. Not to mention the heavy emphasis Larry Johnson places on evaluations and making sure he chooses the correct 3, 4 and 5 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back