2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I have to ask the sad reality of a serious question, are we going to sign any blue chip DT at this point cause I’m tired of getting curbstomped by any and every program with a pulse. Wake me up when September comes! Outta here

Artavious Jones is a blue chip DT.

EPL is also a major talent, but I don’t know what’s going on with him.

Last edited:
Artavious Jones is a blue chip DT.

EPL is also a major talent, but I don’t know what’s going on with him.

Even if he is being recruited…You are honestly the only one I've heard mention DT with him and UM.

And I agree…No idea how he just fell off the board.

Advertisement
Finishing our DT recruiting with Franklin, Jackson and Jones would be epic to me. Franklin is one of my favorite prospects this cycle. As a DL prospect he is a kid that has the potential to be very versatile at the college level. At 6'6" 255 Franklin plays mostly as a DE and he looks like a demon on steroids coming off the edge. Incredible first step and insane explosiveness with a nasty closing burst. It remains to be seen but I believe that Franklin could possess the type of freakish athleticism to play DE at the next level. I see him as the type of player that can be moved all over the line depending on down, distance and situation in order to exploit the best possible matchup.
We are screwed if we don’t land those three kids. We talk about NIL? We talk about other programs who have been desperate, Miami needs to be Desperate at DT. Then Russell is your 4th which still is what it is, but Time to Pay

I’m hearing UGA already has 5 DT’s committed. Someone is gonna defect or Breyland should see the writing on the wall. That class is overcrowded at that position. UGA trying to make up for Bear walking, but I mean it may be such a thing as OVER RECRUITING a position. Although you can never have too many playmakers. Guarantee some of those guys walk after this year. If they sign 6 or more.

There's no such thing as overrecruiting a premium position. To an elite program like UGA, it's stacking chips and letting the cream rise to the top. At the premium positions like QB, WR, OT, DL, and CB, not only are you stacking chips when you land as many elite players at those spots as possible, but you're also keeping those players away from the exact teams you'll be competing against for a playoff berth or even the national championship.

This next comment isn't directed at you, but that's part of what some other posters didn't comprehend when they tried to present the asinine argument that investing in HS QB recruits is a waste of resources. Did OSU care when Quinn Ewers transferred? Were they concerned about "sunk cost"? No, because CJ Stroud emerged as the best QB in that competition at that time and they had elite QB play for multiple seasons. Stroud puts up 41 against UGA in the playoff and goes 2nd overall in the draft. Now with Fields and Stroud, they have a chance of eliminating the narrative about how OSU QB's fare in the NFL. That's worth its weight in future recruiting gold.

Elite players like Breland don't give a dam about depth charts. They bet on themselves and they aren't scared of competition. Landing players with that exact mentality is how you build a winning culture.

Advertisement
There's no such thing as overrecruiting a premium position. To an elite program like UGA, it's stacking chips and letting the cream rise to the top. At the premium positions like QB, WR, OT, DL, and CB, not only are you stacking chips when you land as many elite players at those spots as possible, but you're also keeping those players away from the exact teams you'll be competing against for a playoff berth or even the national championship.

This next comment isn't directed at you, but that's part of what some other posters didn't comprehend when they tried to present the asinine argument that investing in HS QB recruits is a waste of resources. Did OSU care when Quinn Ewers transferred? Were they concerned about "sunk cost"? No, because CJ Stroud emerged as the best QB in that competition at that time and they had elite QB play for multiple seasons. Stroud puts up 41 against UGA in the playoff and goes 2nd overall in the draft. Now with Fields and Stroud, they have a chance of eliminating the narrative about how OSU QB's fare in the NFL. That's worth its weight in future recruiting gold.

Elite players like Breland don't give a dam about depth charts. They bet on themselves and they aren't scared of competition. Landing players with that exact mentality is how you build a winning culture.
I agree stack and the CREAM RISES TO THE TOP.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s just been relaying what the vols insiders have been saying. He’s been a normal dude on the board, no trolling and rational. Hence the reason he’s still here.
Double Cross Thats Right GIF by ALLBLK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back