2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t have conditioning issues. The former coaches just loved rotating guys too much. That was one of our defenses biggest problems last year. Too deep of a rotation. There was a big drop off from the first team guys in the front 7. Unless guys are hurt or cramping or gasping for air, they should play 80 percent of the snaps not 60/40.

You may be right. But when he was out there too long, he seemed to taper off performance wise. LT would be all world on one or two or three plays in a row, then be quiet the rest of the half.

Advertisement
I would say 1 portal guy and 4 high school recruits

Makes sense to me. If we get the guys we are gunning for, they are well developed enough to see immediate playing time and battle for starting snaps. Meanwhile, you hope Moten and Horton take big steps this year. We are going to be ridiculously young at the position regardless, so you have to bring in at least one upperclassman like Deen who ideally is also a leader in the room.

You may be right. But when he was out there too long, he seemed to taper off performance wise. LT would be all world on one or two or three plays in a row, then be quiet the rest of the half.
He plays a tough position. Sometimes it isn’t all about the stats. He might not have got the sack on a play but did he get pressure which is important. Might not have got the tfl but did he disrupt the play or was he in his correct gap. On the d-line there are going to be games like that

Finishing our DT recruiting with Franklin, Jackson and Jones would be epic to me. Franklin is one of my favorite prospects this cycle. As a DL prospect he is a kid that has the potential to be very versatile at the college level. At 6'6" 255 Franklin plays mostly as a DE and he looks like a demon on steroids coming off the edge. Incredible first step and insane explosiveness with a nasty closing burst. It remains to be seen but I believe that Franklin could possess the type of freakish athleticism to play DE at the next level. I see him as the type of player that can be moved all over the line depending on down, distance and situation in order to exploit the best possible matchup.
I’ve been told that, to date, Franklin still views himself as an Edge/DE.

I like this trio: Breland, Jones, and Jackson. No inside info. Just the guys I like who appear to me as complementary to our overall defense. I really like Breland and Jones. And, really liked Justin Scott.

Happy to add Franklin to those and hopefully he realizes the amount of money he can make as a 3T.

I’ve been told that, to date, Franklin still views himself as an Edge/DE.

I like this trio: Breland, Jones, and Jackson. No inside info. Just the guys I like who appear to me as complementary to our overall defense. I really like Breland and Jones. And, really liked Justin Scott.

Happy to add Franklin to those and hopefully he realizes the amount of money he can make as a 3T.
Tell him whatever he wants, let him play DE. Just get him here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Him & Jones have to get the full court press while we swing for the upper deck on Breland. And I'd circle back to TA Cunningham and try to gauge where we are on TJ Lindsey and press there too.
I'd even try to see if Jericho Johnson is still interested or not

Him & Jones have to get the full court press while we swing for the upper deck on Breland. And I'd circle back to TA Cunningham and try to gauge where we are on TJ Lindsey and press there too.
Need to keep pushing for Rudolph too. Lightfoot is going to get pressure every week so we need to not rest on that until that ink dries in December.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we walk out of signing day with Franklin, Lightfoot, Jones and Breland I won't be mad...we still need more but it's a building block
Man if we pull that you should dance around your neighborhood.

Mario is a recruiter, but Miami has been so bad for so long that would be a fantastic haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back