2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Finishing our DT recruiting with Franklin, Jackson and Jones would be epic to me. Franklin is one of my favorite prospects this cycle. As a DL prospect he is a kid that has the potential to be very versatile at the college level. At 6'6" 255 Franklin plays mostly as a DE and he looks like a demon on steroids coming off the edge. Incredible first step and insane explosiveness with a nasty closing burst. It remains to be seen but I believe that Franklin could possess the type of freakish athleticism to play DE at the next level. I see him as the type of player that can be moved all over the line depending on down, distance and situation in order to exploit the best possible matchup.
Bigger than 255. He is listed at 265 but the guys on 247 are saying he is up to 275-280 now so I don’t think he stays at DE

You trying to kick knowledge?

Simple concept: Mario is allegedly prioritizing the recruitment of the DL

Simpler concept: Spend more on the recruitment of the DL with NIL $$$

Mario isn't getting paid to raise the floor. He's getting paid to blow the roof off this mother ****** and get us back to national prominence. This won't happen without BIG BAGS being dropped AND players being developed.

i think LT will have a big year in this defense, hopefully we can land or flip someone because of that.

if focused and healthy he could play himself into a 1st or 2nd rd pick.

Looks like he has put on 20lbs. We can’t keep relying on OL and DL to be playing as freshmen. Some can do it but most need a couple years to get strong enough to play in the trenches.

IMG_4333.jpeg

Advertisement
Breland is a truly elite DT, and I am holding out hope we can close him. No doubt it would be an impressive feat if Mario & Co. could beat the elites for an elite recruit like this.

But there are no prizes for being in this position if it doesn't result in an executed NLI for UM. Talent acquisition is a bottom-line, results business.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Fingers crossed for the good guys.

This is the bottom line. All the conjecture and rationale for why we hit/miss on kids is for the birds.

Mario is being paid millions to make us elite, nothing more or less.

One thing is crystal clear regarding the Breland recruitment. Mario can offer early playing time with the possibility of being a true freshman starter. That would be highly unlikely at a factory like UGA. The way I look at it with a truly elite DT prospect like Breland is simple. Just shoot your shot. If the situation truly is Miami vs UGA and we are in the finals for this stud then just let it play out. Going head to head with the 2 time defending National Champions after a 5-7 season is a position only Mario could find himself in and I'm happy to sit back and let him do what he does best. IMO we are playing with house money at this point and if we get Breland we will party but if not we will still have a very good to great DT class.
I’m optimistic that we end up with a good to great class but how exactly are we “playing with house money at this point”?? IMO just from a #’s standpoint we need atleast 3 DT after taking just 1 HS guy in each of the last 2 classes. We have 1 committed in Russell who no one knows whether he will end up at DT or DE. Every other target we have we are in a dog fight with Big programs for. Again optimistic Mario will close on some of these guys but right now we’re playing with our rent money.

Advertisement
I’m optimistic that we end up with a good to great class but how exactly are we “playing with house money at this point”?? IMO just from a #’s standpoint we need atleast 3 DT after taking just 1 HS guy in each of the last 2 classes. We have 1 committed in Russell who no one knows whether he will end up at DT or DE. Every other target we have we are in a dog fight with Big programs for. Again optimistic Mario will close on some of these guys but right now we’re playing with our rent money.
That's not what I meant. The house money thing was only referring to being down to us vs UGA for Breland. I never expected Breland in the first place so if we get him awesome but if not I'm not going to cry about it.

Looks like he has put on 20lbs. We can’t keep relying on OL and DL to be playing as freshmen. Some can do it but most need a couple years to get strong enough to play in the trenches.

View attachment 245479

Well he certainly looks the part now. If he hasn’t lost his exceptional burst and has improved his conditioning then this will be his year.

Well he certainly looks the part now. If he hasn’t lost his exceptional burst and has improved his conditioning then this will be his year.
He didn’t have conditioning issues. The former coaches just loved rotating guys too much. That was one of our defenses biggest problems last year. Too deep of a rotation. There was a big drop off from the first team guys in the front 7. Unless guys are hurt or cramping or gasping for air, they should play 80 percent of the snaps not 60/40.

Advertisement
He didn’t have conditioning issues. The former coaches just loved rotating guys too much. That was one of our defenses biggest problems last year. Too deep of a rotation. There was a big drop off from the first team guys in the front 7. Unless guys are hurt or cramping or gasping for air, they should play 80 percent of the snaps not 60/40.

Yeah it’s crazy how nfl guys can basically play every snap at all positions cause rosters are so small yet college coaches insist on their star players playing 60% of snaps. It’s never made sense to me

Yeah it’s crazy how nfl guys can basically play every snap at all positions cause rosters are so small yet college coaches insist on their star players playing 60% of snaps. It’s never made sense to me
Thats how they sell recruits that they are gonna play and also prevent underclassmen from transferring.

View attachment 245479
Look at my DAWG! Now when my dawg kut up dis year I don’t want y’all haters to start jumping on his NUTZ DEN! BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG PAUSE

Advertisement
I think they need 5 DT.
LT, Gore, Lichteinstein, Deen and possibly JHH are all gone after this season. We will go for portal at this position as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back