2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If you don't have a track record of winning and putting guys in the league then you have to break the bank with a nil and even then it isn't guaranteed. Kids want that big nil but they more so want to be coached to get to the next level.

Advertisement
Franklin is very realistic. Breland not as much. Today I’d say UGA Vs UM but Franklin , Jackson and Jones are safer bets if I had to lay down money. Regardless I think we have a very good DL class but not the wet dream certain people sold because they want clicks and subs.
MAN SHIIID I’m HELLA COOL with those names.

Breland is a truly elite DT, and I am holding out hope we can close him. No doubt it would be an impressive feat if Mario & Co. could beat the elites for an elite recruit like this.

But there are no prizes for being in this position if it doesn't result in an executed NLI for UM. Talent acquisition is a bottom-line, results business.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Fingers crossed for the good guys.
Well BACK THE TRUCK UP for Breland.

Advertisement
That's not what he said. Every recruit has value. You have to be smart with your money so it doesn't run out.
Everyone has a budget. It’s mind boggling how people do not understand a simple concept. Spending money carelessly, such as certain schools, isn’t the formula for success and could back fire.

Not all players nor positions are treated equally with NIL. Mario has his priority’s. Franklin is prioritized.

Everyone has a budget. It’s mind boggling how people do not understand a simple concept. Spending money carelessly, such as certain schools, isn’t the formula for success and could back fire.

Not all players nor positions are treated equally with NIL. Mario has his priority’s. Franklin is prioritized.
Exactly.

Advertisement
I hear people tell me Breland might be the best DL of all. people I trust are VERY high on him.
Bruh we recruiting anybody else from Mater Dei?
Their 5star Olineman Baker visited us early in the year pretty sure, but has since taken OVs to UGA, Texas, and tOSU. And obviously nobody here has talked about him, so seems like we are out of that one.
But Mater Dei has like 10 4stars on their team...

Breland is a truly elite DT, and I am holding out hope we can close him. No doubt it would be an impressive feat if Mario & Co. could beat the elites for an elite recruit like this.

But there are no prizes for being in this position if it doesn't result in an executed NLI for UM. Talent acquisition is a bottom-line, results business.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Fingers crossed for the good guys.
One thing is crystal clear regarding the Breland recruitment. Mario can offer early playing time with the possibility of being a true freshman starter. That would be highly unlikely at a factory like UGA. The way I look at it with a truly elite DT prospect like Breland is simple. Just shoot your shot. If the situation truly is Miami vs UGA and we are in the finals for this stud then just let it play out. Going head to head with the 2 time defending National Champions after a 5-7 season is a position only Mario could find himself in and I'm happy to sit back and let him do what he does best. IMO we are playing with house money at this point and if we get Breland we will party but if not we will still have a very good to great DT class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One think is crystal clear regarding the Breland recruitment. Mario can offer early playing time with the possibility of being a true freshman starter. That would be highly unlikely at a factory like UGA. The way I look at it with a truly elite DT prospect like Breland is simple. Just shoot your shot. If the situation truly is Miami vs UGA and we are in the finals for this stud then just let it play out. Going head to head with the 2 time defending National Champions after a 5-7 season is a position only Mario could find himself in and I'm happy to sit back and let him do what he does best. IMO we are playing with house money at this point and if we get Breland we will party but if not we will still have a very good to great DT class.
two time champs who put a ton of defenders in the nfl. Thats why Mario is always saying about getting kids to NFL. we need kids to show a jump

two time champs who put a ton of defenders in the nfl. Thats why Mario is always saying about getting kids to NFL. we need kids to show a jump
Three things that come up in every recruiting meeting with a player:

1. How can you get me to the NFL and what is your track record at my position.

2. NIL…how much.

3. Track record of winning. Kids want to win, and you can only sell the dream for so long.

Finishing our DT recruiting with Franklin, Jackson and Jones would be epic to me. Franklin is one of my favorite prospects this cycle. As a DL prospect he is a kid that has the potential to be very versatile at the college level. At 6'6" 255 Franklin plays mostly as a DE and he looks like a demon on steroids coming off the edge. Incredible first step and insane explosiveness with a nasty closing burst. It remains to be seen but I believe that Franklin could possess the type of freakish athleticism to play DE at the next level. I see him as the type of player that can be moved all over the line depending on down, distance and situation in order to exploit the best possible matchup.

I hope Lance Guidry makes a seamless transition to big boy football. If so he’s the key to these recruitments because Leonard Taylor and Ahkeem mesidor and ahmmod Moten and Harrison hunte need big years and bring Campbell. Let them bully our opponents we have to dictate the game’s defensively, It will help tremendously with the trench battles we find ourselves in and with selling the dream and vision to guys we need the players to talk to the recruits and help sell our vision. Mario’s important but the players are the key to these recruitments tell about the culture and results that’s our best formula to win these battles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back