2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t overhyped ****. I’ve literally posted nothing on Scott or Stewart for months other than I never bought It. Nothing more.

Rather than using one big brush to paint all the “ insiders “ how about call them out by name ? I know why y’all don’t but still. You lump everyone together even though we all have different info , sources and takes . Let’s be real when people hear “ insiders” I’m one of the first names they think of and that’s why I get annoyed by the use of that title.
Any chance with Breland? You buying it with Franklin? Always love seeing u around here Cribby ❤️

Advertisement
Bro, DID U JUST SAY METRO???!!

Ahhhhhhh man, u’re fa sho good w/ me champ. Bruh, Metro was our chit in college. Real hood rat chit that became offffff the hook when more & more ppl from the hood found out about it. Shoot outs & everything, & hella STDs ran wild up in there from the ladies of night partying up in there. GOOD TIMES! Lol

But seriously, both Inglewood & Compton were All White. If u were a person of color, in order to come through u had to have a work pass, & be out at a certain time. As more and more Blacks & Latinos started to migrate through, big businesses packed up their chit, & left (hence, the Great White Flight of the 70’s).

With no business & work opportunities, the streets became easy. Freeway Rick Ross (The Real One) will tell u himself how the gov’t knew what was what. He regrets what he did the community, but it was fast, easy $$. Ppl get fooled by L.A. U go to parts of Compton & u’ll be like **** this is nice, only to find out it’s infested w/ gangs. Same w/ Inglewood, & other areas in L.A County.

I can unequivocally & passionately tell u there’s parts of Inglewood, Compton, L.A City (Central L.A) that STILL have abandoned crack homes, buildings, from the late 80’s bro. It’s wild af to me to see places I knew that were shut down, shot up, burnt up when I was like 8. I’m 41 & them jawns r still deserted. The gangs that rose up went from killing for territory, to killing for revenge & its seeped to generations today.

I saw this youngin taggin, introduced myself to him & neighborhood. B/c of how I look & talk he didn’t believe me, so I FT’d his big homie who’s my bff & he was like oh ish. Lol. I asked him did he know what he was doing; baby didn’t have a clue. He didn’t know the history, how it started, any of that. I just told him as a Black man to Black man I want better for him, & that living to the age of 23 shouldn’t be a goal, it should be expected.

The lasting damage of the crack era in L.A left irrevocable damage to the communities.
giphy.gif

Bro, DID U JUST SAY METRO???!!

Ahhhhhhh man, u’re fa sho good w/ me champ. Bruh, Metro was our chit in college. Real hood rat chit that became offffff the hook when more & more ppl from the hood found out about it. Shoot outs & everything, & hella STDs ran wild up in there from the ladies of night partying up in there. GOOD TIMES! Lol

But seriously, both Inglewood & Compton were All White. If u were a person of color, in order to come through u had to have a work pass, & be out at a certain time. As more and more Blacks & Latinos started to migrate through, big businesses packed up their chit, & left (hence, the Great White Flight of the 70’s).

With no business & work opportunities, the streets became easy. Freeway Rick Ross (The Real One) will tell u himself how the gov’t knew what was what. He regrets what he did the community, but it was fast, easy $$. Ppl get fooled by L.A. U go to parts of Compton & u’ll be like **** this is nice, only to find out it’s infested w/ gangs. Same w/ Inglewood, & other areas in L.A County.

I can unequivocally & passionately tell u there’s parts of Inglewood, Compton, L.A City (Central L.A) that STILL have abandoned crack homes, buildings, from the late 80’s bro. It’s wild af to me to see places I knew that were shut down, shot up, burnt up when I was like 8. I’m 41 & them jawns r still deserted. The gangs that rose up went from killing for territory, to killing for revenge & its seeped to generations today.

I saw this youngin taggin, introduced myself to him & neighborhood. B/c of how I look & talk he didn’t believe me, so I FT’d his big homie who’s my bff & he was like oh ish. Lol. I asked him did he know what he was doing; baby didn’t have a clue. He didn’t know the history, how it started, any of that. I just told him as a Black man to Black man I want better for him, & that living to the age of 23 shouldn’t be a goal, it should be expected.

The lasting damage of the crack era in L.A left irrevocable damage to the communities.
Bro my parents rave about club metro days lol right in the heart of good ol rubihood

I haven’t overhyped ****. I’ve literally posted nothing on Scott or Stewart for months other than I never bought It. Nothing more.

Rather than using one big brush to paint all the “ insiders “ how about call them out by name ? I know why y’all don’t but still. You lump everyone together even though we all have different info , sources and takes . Let’s be real when people hear “ insiders” I’m one of the first names they think of and that’s why I get annoyed by the use of that title.

Yeah, sorry, @Cribby , I was definitely not directing it at you. I lumped people together because I can't remember who said what and don't want to unfairly call any one person out. ... Honestly, this isn't really directed at anyone, it's just a metapoint that the bipolarity of the boards is inflamed by insider expectation setting.

Again, I know and appreciate the fact that you, Cribby, were balanced and more circumspect.

Advertisement
Any chance with Breland? You buying it with Franklin? Always love seeing u around here Cribby ❤️
Franklin is very realistic. Breland not as much. Today I’d say UGA Vs UM but Franklin , Jackson and Jones are safer bets if I had to lay down money. Regardless I think we have a very good DL class but not the wet dream certain people sold because they want clicks and subs.

Bro my parents rave about club metro days lol right in the heart of good ol rubihood

I think a couple yrs ago they had a Metro Reunion. Lol. They had it opened for a night or so. I heard it was lit.

Club Metro & The Hop were two poppin spots outside of Hollywood or Downtown L.A.

The issue is with the insiders breaking to the mope brigade after Scott. Barney and Schmo and the other losses are irrelevant IMO, it's all about whether or not we're landing the ELITE players. But somehow they all got lumped together, and coaches looked like they were caught with their dycks in their hands.

I personally believe Mario and staff overestimated their chances with a couple of their top targets, and are now scrambling to recalibrate the full pipe. It's going to be tough freaking slogging going forward. But saying that is not losing faith in Mario. The guy is relentless. He will land a Top 10 class, but the real work is only started. I don't envy him but I know he'll come through.

Meanwhile, CIS insiders ALWAYS overhype the upside. Even during last year's class, the world fell out when we didn't land guys like Connor Lew and of course Cormani, even though we still landed the #7 class and any objective observer would say it was our best class on paper since 2008 and digging deeper is more talented than even that class.

In summary, we're too bipolar on here, often driven by hype and despair cycles that our own insiders create. It's good for clicks. But it's really bad for morale. I prefer less drama and more objectivity on here.
Happy Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

We had several last year that took OVs to Taint

I guess it depends on how much semantics you wanna put into “head to head” I guess

Yeah, you're right. I guess technically, Fletcher was the other true head to head time.

Advertisement
I think a couple yrs ago they had a Metro Reunion. Lol. They had it opened for a night or so. I heard it was lit.

Club Metro & The Hop were two poppin spots outside of Hollywood or Downtown L.A.
They always say how lit it was and my unc used to hit switches in the parking lot, was closed by the time I got old enough and now I think the whole shopping center is torn down

Franklin is very realistic. Breland not as much. Today I’d say UGA Vs UM but Franklin , Jackson and Jones are safer bets if I had to lay down money. Regardless I think we have a very good DL class but not the wet dream certain people sold because they want clicks and subs.
Jayden or Kendall?

That’s unfortunate to hear on Breland. We need another quality DT on top of potentially Franklin and Jones.

Yeah, I think the Breland ship has sailed and didn't really buy it. Still not sure about Franklin yet if he's just trying to run up Tennessee's bag. Realistic options would be Jones and hopefully Jackson with him being at IMG and Poly connection.

Advertisement
That's exactly my question - Jayden or Kendall?
Kendall gives us two very good, arguably elite end prospects. I assume it’s him that Cribs is mentioning. Jayden, Franklin and Jones and I’m ok with the interior, but slightly disappointed given the hype brigade a few months ago.

If we miss on Scott, Stewart, and Breland, that stings a bit but not the total end of the world... Throw their bags at Stone and call it a day, or turn the heat up massively on McCray. McCray and Breland going to UGA would blow. Stone and Jayden Jackson going to OU would blow. Stewart and Scott going to Ohio St would blow. You miss on all those and bleh, we’re getting into bag wars in the 2024 portal with those same programs for a limited quantity of talented interior players.

Still wouldn’t count out Breland, but I’m just spitballing pivots out loud. UGA has 4 DL committed ffs, although none as high as Breland. Somebody throw him a bag.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back