2024 DL Kamarion Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
-“I enjoy being here, the people,” he said. “I wanted to come down here, work with (NFL Hall of Famer and Miami DL coach) Jason Taylor, just see how he coached me, if he can take my game to the next level, see what I’d learn from him.”

On his OV experience: “They impressed me. I went there in January and March, and they impressed me both times, so I was expecting a lot from them being my first OV. I felt the love from the head coach to the defensive coordinator to Jason Taylor, everybody, they prioritized me. I felt like a priority.”

Franklin says Taylor has “a lot” of impact as he tries to come to a decision … with no set announcement timeline yet.

Today's Through the Smoke Instant Reaction podcast, Gaby still thinks UT may lead but he's feeling a lot better after the visit. Not a lot of conviction or definitive statements though so IDK where things really are here.

-“I enjoy being here, the people,” he said. “I wanted to come down here, work with (NFL Hall of Famer and Miami DL coach) Jason Taylor, just see how he coached me, if he can take my game to the next level, see what I’d learn from him.”

On his OV experience: “They impressed me. I went there in January and March, and they impressed me both times, so I was expecting a lot from them being my first OV. I felt the love from the head coach to the defensive coordinator to Jason Taylor, everybody, they prioritized me. I felt like a priority.”

Franklin says Taylor has “a lot” of impact as he tries to come to a decision … with no set announcement timeline yet.
If you know you’re gonna be coached by an HOF’ER. Just had one on one instruction today. Knowing you’re not getting that at any of the other programs recruiting you. WHATS THE HOLD UP🤔Honestly his heart seems to be here, but someone else could be in his ear.

Advertisement
Dont know if we get this kid or not but he is a competitor. With his ranking, he didnt have to workout in front of the staff, but he chose to. They obviously asked him and instead of acting like a diva, he hauled down to CG to do the **** thing.
Didn’t Mario use the workout as a litmus test last recruting cycle? Not so much how they did in the workout, but whether a high ranked kid was willing to come and do a workout. I tihnk for Mario that is a big character trait and something he uses to differentiate between “similar” players.

Advertisement
If you know you’re gonna be coached by an HOF’ER. Just had one on one instruction today. Knowing you’re not getting that at any of the other programs recruiting you. WHATS THE HOLD UP🤔Honestly his heart seems to be here, but someone else could be in his ear.
I think the recruiting process distorts the decision making timeline. Even with how early these dudes start getting recruited, 98% of their peers (HS Students) will not make their college decisions for another 9 to 10 months from now.

can‘t have it both ways and get mad at commitments still taking visits then also want kids to rush their choice. Unless a spot is on the line, no need to rush.

Advertisement
Like someone stated he looks similar to Shemar Stewart in movement. So thats a SDE and DT possibility...thnk Chad Thomas type
5T, SDE, slide inside to 3T on pass plays.

Inside the Smoke called him a for sure DT, but I don’t think he’d be talking about Taylor so much if they were selling DT to him.

He’s a lot like Jaden Wayne in style that he’s not a bendy pass rusher, but a speed-to-power rusher, set an edge type.

Guidry plays two 3T quite often to get that space in the 4-2-5 and make the C have to reach or give up a gap.

Good fit of a player and I like his potential. Probably not a true freshman contributor, but needs a year of S&C to get right.

Today's Through the Smoke Instant Reaction podcast, Gaby still thinks UT may lead but he's feeling a lot better after the visit. Not a lot of conviction or definitive statements though so IDK where things really are here.
Definitive statements from Gaby will never happen. He'll be old on his death bed one day and he's gonna be, " I may or may not make it, 50/50 shot I'd say ".

Advertisement
Didn’t Mario use the workout as a litmus test last recruting cycle? Not so much how they did in the workout, but whether a high ranked kid was willing to come and do a workout. I tihnk for Mario that is a big character trait and something he uses to differentiate between “similar” players.

Probably learned that from Saban. Saban invites 5 stars to his camps, the ones that show up and compete get offers or move up their board. The 5 star divas who are scared and don’t come or show up and half *** it get dropped. That’s how culture is built. It’s laid out in sabans book how methodical he is with recruiting.

Can’t stress how much Mario probably learned while he was at Bama.

Probably learned that from Saban. Saban invites 5 stars to his camps, the ones that show up and compete get offers or move up their board. The 5 star divas who are scared and don’t come or show up and half *** it get dropped. That’s how culture is built. It’s laid out in sabans book how methodical he is with recruiting.

Can’t stress how much Mario probably learned while he was at Bama.
Kinda in the same vein as that, I saw video recently with current UGA players. The player hosts said they tell every recruit who visits if you aren’t willing to work, go somewhere else.

Seems like Mario is taking a very similar approach in his culture building in getting straight dogs who want to work.

Him taking calls from Tenn & Miami amongst others

Make It Rain Money GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back