2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
had nothing to do w wins or losses from his own mouth. we out recruited OU here. we won the family. he didnt want to be in miami or in florida at all. he wanted to be home so unless we relocate to miami, Oklahoma this one may be done for us.

miami oklahoma

He said a lot of things. Keep recruiting him.

Advertisement
He said a lot of things. Keep recruiting him.
okay. I guess this site doesn't live in reality and ignores the most clear words ive heard a recruit say about his decision which is on par for what this site is becoming. man told you from his own mouth HE DIDNT WANT TO GO TO MIAMI. only his family wanted him to. he chose OU bc thats where he wanted to be - home. I guess you choose to ignore it

This line of reasoning is dangerous for two reasons:

1. Top tier portal players already know where they r going

2. The Portal can be a box of chocolates

Everyone knows just b/c u get a blue chip QB doesn’t mean u’ll get blue chip results. Technically we can say that about every position, but QBs & OL, imo, tend to be the hardest to gauge as far as projections at next level. WITH THAT BEING SAID, the data speaks for itself; u have a 7/10 chance in being successful w/ a blue chip QB vs. a 3/10 chance without one. That 3/10 is heavily weighted in the teams ability to surround that 3* QB w/ ELLLLLLLITE weapons & an even better defense.

That’s not what Rellyrell is pontificating vs.what the data shows.
I do love when people bring up Martell as an example as to why we should be focusing on the portal instead of High Ranked HS QBs ignoring the fact we got him via the portal.

Advertisement
This line of reasoning is dangerous for two reasons:

1. Top tier portal players already know where they r going

2. The Portal can be a box of chocolates

Everyone knows just b/c u get a blue chip QB doesn’t mean u’ll get blue chip results. Technically we can say that about every position, but QBs & OL, imo, tend to be the hardest to gauge as far as projections at next level. WITH THAT BEING SAID, the data speaks for itself; u have a 7/10 chance in being successful w/ a blue chip QB vs. a 3/10 chance without one. That 3/10 is heavily weighted in the teams ability to surround that 3* QB w/ ELLLLLLLITE weapons & an even better defense.

That’s not what Rellyrell is pontificating vs.what the data shows.
ALSO Mario has not landed any elite skill guys in the portal. The majority of his skill players have been guys returning to SFLA. Any confidence in us cherry picking the top portal QB is foolish.

okay. I guess this site doesn't live in reality and ignores the most clear words ive heard a recruit say about his decision which is on par for what this site is becoming. man told you from his own mouth HE DIDNT WANT TO GO TO MIAMI. only his family wanted him to. he chose OU bc thats where he wanted to be - home. I guess you choose to ignore it

I'm not sure people are choosing to ignore what he said. I think.
He chose OU and he said what he said. It absolutely seemed honest and sensire.
But Mario should absolutely keep recruiting him because that's his job to do so. IF BY SOME MIRACLE he manages to flip him it won't matter what he said. I think we all would be happy to have him regardless of what he said.
I think that's all people are saying. JMO

Any confidence in us cherry picking the top portal QB is foolish.

Diaz did it

Work Office GIF

Advertisement
Yep. He chose OU becuase he wants to stay home. Nothing that happens during the season will impact his wanting to stay home.
Frankly, had he committed to us he would have been on flip watch for this same reason.
With the 18th pick in the 2027 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers take DT David Stone. David what do you have to say,? NO! I WILL ONLY PLAY FOR OKLAHOMA CITY!

Let y'all tell it, we win 10 games and we're just gonna flip every recruit we missed out on 🤦🏾‍♂️

I wish recruiting worked like that.

No not every recruit we missed on...but we could flip one or two. That's not unreasonable. Happens every year for us and to us. We already flipped one this year.

Advertisement
I'm not sure people are choosing to ignore what he said. I think.
He chose OU and he said what he said. It absolutely seemed honest and sensire.
But Mario should absolutely keep recruiting him because that's his job to do so. IF BY SOME MIRACLE he manages to flip him it won't matter what he said. I think we all would be happy to have him regardless of what he said.
I think that's all people are saying. JMO
I agree on Mario recruiting him. and Mario likely wont give up. I personally dont see a flip bc this had nothing to do with coaches or even on field play. it was all location. Im just sick of posters ignoring legit reality sometimes. you dont need to mope or slurp, but **** have some sense of reality. this one I even said isnt on coaches. if miami were in Oklahoma, he'd be a cane. miami is in florida and the deciding factor was him wanting to go home.

I agree on Mario recruiting him. and Mario likely wont give up. I personally dont see a flip bc this had nothing to do with coaches or even on field play. it was all location. Im just sick of posters ignoring legit reality sometimes. you dont need to mope or slurp, but **** have some sense of reality. this one I even said isnt on coaches. if miami were in Oklahoma, he'd be a cane. miami is in florida and the deciding factor was him wanting to to flip. go home.

I completely agree that you shouldn't expect this kid to flip. But hey Mario wil keep trying and who knows what could change in a teenager's mind from here to December. Would be a great surprise but not holding my breath.

Advertisement
Given the circumstances , the Stone decision might shake out in our favor.

Consider that the kid would have put our hat on only because his entire family wanted him here, but he was wanting to go to OU...

Now we will continue to recruit him hard and his family will do the same. If it was the other way around, I would be more worried of him flipping because he didn't make the decision he wanted initially. I think we'll do better work closing him to flip than if we would have been fighting off the flip come signing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back