2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
had nothing to do w wins or losses from his own mouth. we out recruited OU here. we won the family. he didnt want to be in miami or in florida at all. he wanted to be home so unless we relocate to miami, Oklahoma this one may be done for us.

miami oklahoma
After what the kid told Miami coaches all last week and what he did on Saturday. I wouldn’t believe anything he says from here til signing day…. Keep recruiting him.

Advertisement
After what the kid told Miami coaches all last week and what he did on Saturday. I wouldn’t believe anything he says from here til signing day…. Keep recruiting him.
he literally said he only would have chosen us to make his family happy but he wanted to go back home so he chose his own happiness. not sure how you gonna make a kid love a place he doesn't want to be in. sounds like he also thought it out too. but well see what happens. id rather him be happy wherever that is than be miserable here

he literally said he only would have chosen us to make his family happy but he wanted to go back home so he chose his own happiness. not sure how you gonna make a kid love a place he doesn't want to be in. sounds like he also thought it out too. but well see what happens. id rather him be happy wherever that is than be miserable here
It's not worth headspace to revisionist back to Miami. I read it the same. I felt he was being transparent enough. The other details have no impact on the result. Money, or playing time, all that gas. His heart is OU.

I think it's better to let this one stay where they lay.

He told everyone who would listen, including his former reps, that he only wanted to be at OK. Like I said before, I was shocked Mario made him seriously consider Miami. Kid doesn’t want to play here. Let’s get some decent gap fillers and load up in the portal after a ten win season…

Advertisement
True.

Aren’t all five of them staying close to home, or in Stone’s case returning home? Plus the 5* DE from Missouri and the other elite DE from Arizona. Both choosing in-state schools. Of course, some other elite DL chose to leave home. Like Mario snagging Lightfoot from Chicago, or Alabama losing a local player to Tennessee and Georgia a local player to Ohio State.

Interesting pattern.

Not an excuse, but interesting nonetheless.
Yes looks like all are staying home. Seems like a common trend we tend to miss out on more often than not year in and year out smh…

He told everyone who would listen, including his former reps, that he only wanted to be at OK. Like I said before, I was shocked Mario made him seriously consider Miami. Kid doesn’t want to play here. Let’s get some decent gap fillers and load up in the portal after a ten win season…
100 percent agreed. we need to just stop this thread and move on. he did. people have his own words (not insider bs), but his own mouth. he could have came here and even admitted that his entire family wanted him here. he didnt. he didnt need to say all that.

I'd rather him miserable here smashing QB's head in.

Advertisement
This is nonsense. I stopped reading after I got to the bold part. Clemson may be a newcomer, but the typical bag schools have set up shop in south Florida since the 50's. Ever hear of Elvis Peacock, Buter Rhymes, Neal Colzie, Reggie Kinlaw, Anthony Carter, William Roberts. And there are many others, who someone closer to So Fl high school back than I am, would add.

In fact, head coach Fran Curci (an All-American alumni) left UM after the 1972 season for Kentucky because "You can't recruit at Miami".
Those were all big names back then! UM had to fight like **** back then because we were a nobody. Then Howard started winning. Even when Jimmy got here, we still didn’t get all of the big guys. We had to get the RIGHT guys. Look at the facts, mane. In 2023…. Recruit in the top 5 to 7, consistently, or your not playing for a Natty. You’re not getting close. Yes, the bag schools all recruited down here in the early days, but there was a big change that happened around the mid to late 2000s. They started spending REAL money down here, not just getting on the big names, but recruiting younger guys before they became the big names. If you can’t see that, then I really don’t know what to tell you.

Advertisement
UGA just did it twice. IDGAF what anyone says Stetson was not considered CANT MISS coming out.

The last 20 yrs:

2003 - Leinart (4*) / Mauck (N/A)
2004 - Leinart (4*)
2005 - Young (5*)
2006 - Leak (5*)
2007 - Flynn (4*)
2008 - Tebow (5*)
2009 - McElroy (3*)
2010 - Newton (5*)
2011 - McCarron (4*)
2012 - McCarron (4*)
2013 - Winston (5*)
2014 - Jones (3*)
2015 - Coker (3*)
2016 - Watson (4*)
2017 - Hurts (4*)
2018 - Lawrence (5*)
2019 - Burrow (4*)
2020 - Jones (3*)
2021 - Bennett (2*)
2022 - Bennett (2*)

In 20 yrs, 67-70% (can’t find any data on Mauck) of the winning teams had a blue chip QB. The 33 or 30% that did not, did have something in common: An absolutely stacked defense & elite offensive weapons.

Point is, if u don’t have a blue chip QB, then u better have an elite defense & weapons surrounding. Those r the exceptions, not the rule. The overwhelming data shows if u have an elite QB, u’ll fare much better.

Last edited:
The last 20 yrs:

2004 - Leinart (4*)
2005 - Young (5*)
2006 - Leak (5*)
2007 - Flynn (4*)
2008 - Tebow (5*)
2009 - McElroy (3*)
2010 - Newton (5*)
2011 - McCarron (4*)
2012 - McCarron (4*)
2013 - Winston (5*)
2014 - Jones (3*)
2015 - Coker (3*)
2016 - Watson (4*)
2017 - Hurts (4*)
2018 - Lawrence (5*)
2019 - Burrow (4*)
2020 - Jones (3*)
2021 - Bennett (2*)
2022 - Bennett (2*)

In 20 yrs, 67-70% (can’t find any data on Mauck) of the winning teams had a blue chip QB. The 33 or 30% that did not did have something in common: An absolutely stacked defense & elite offensive weapons.

Point is, if u don’t have a blue chip QB, then u better have an elite defense & weapons surrounding. Those r the exceptions, not the rule. The overwhelming data shows if u have an elite QB, u’ll fare much better.
They don't wanna hear about facts and ****. Just grab anybody out the portal and he can win us 15 games apparently.

Advertisement
The same way you get anyone to do something they don't want to do: you pay them. Everyone has a price. Pay it.

They don't wanna hear about facts and ****. Just grab anybody out the portal and he can win us 15 games apparently.

This line of reasoning is dangerous for two reasons:

1. Top tier portal players already know where they r going

2. The Portal can be a box of chocolates

Everyone knows just b/c u get a blue chip QB doesn’t mean u’ll get blue chip results. Technically we can say that about every position, but QBs & OL, imo, tend to be the hardest to gauge as far as projections at next level. WITH THAT BEING SAID, the data speaks for itself; u have a 7/10 chance in being successful w/ a blue chip QB vs. a 3/10 chance without one. That 3/10 is heavily weighted in the teams ability to surround that 3* QB w/ ELLLLLLLITE weapons & an even better defense.

That’s not what Rellyrell is pontificating vs.what the data shows.

The last 20 yrs:

2004 - Leinart (4*)
2005 - Young (5*)
2006 - Leak (5*)
2007 - Flynn (4*)
2008 - Tebow (5*)
2009 - McElroy (3*)
2010 - Newton (5*)
2011 - McCarron (4*)
2012 - McCarron (4*)
2013 - Winston (5*)
2014 - Jones (3*)
2015 - Coker (3*)
2016 - Watson (4*)
2017 - Hurts (4*)
2018 - Lawrence (5*)
2019 - Burrow (4*)
2020 - Jones (3*)
2021 - Bennett (2*)
2022 - Bennett (2*)

In 20 yrs, 67-70% (can’t find any data on Mauck) of the winning teams had a blue chip QB. The 33 or 30% that did not, did have something in common: An absolutely stacked defense & elite offensive weapons.

Nah nah nah

Eval Szn, bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back