2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Football gods saw the board was too happy this morning, back to normal now

The Rock Swag GIF
They are making our comeback really hard

Yeah and his actual coach Salive'a is the one nobody seems to want to play for, for some reason. Salive'a is a professional at whiffle ball. The only reason we were in it was because of JT.

Like I said when I got beat up on here when we discussed DT recruiting. This staff should have treated this position the same exact way they treated the OL last year, but they simply didn't.
I donā€™t agree. I think they did treat it that way. They just failed.

Advertisement
That's a great synopsis of deductive reasoning. But when QB, DT and CB are weak areas of recruiting it never ends well lol. Mario is continuing to get more budget for S&C, analysts and other important areas too. It's going to be all good but shoring up this years class would go a very long way to having us in that 12 team playoff fast!
Do you think there is still a path to land a few more top 100 players? To me that is what upgrades the team.

I'm starting to think Mario's style of recruiting is rubbing off kids the wrong way.

I've had a few sales guys in Construction that you could call "relentless" but it just ****es me off to the point I despise them. There's nothing more annoying then somebody tone deaf that just keeps pushing when you tell them to politely chill out

I've heard Mario refuses to take no for an answer with kids

Advertisement
Staying positive. But two things I don't like

1) Venables calling out Cristobal and then Cristobal not shutting him up by taking Stone.
2) Our DT recruiting. You can't build a championship team without top DTs.
And youā€™re also not flipping elite dtā€™s cause you won 9 games.

For the alleged amount of money these dudes are getting I doubt itā€™s just on a handshake so they can change hats in December.

When a recruits little brother says ā€œ I thought your were picking Miamiā€ as well as the rest of the family I can honestly say itā€™s bat **** crazy. I thought the Alex Collins situation was wild lol. I had a 6 year run with recruiting but I think itā€™s getting time for me to hang up my jersey šŸ¤£
Give me your contacts, and Iā€™ll take your spot. You can be Arn and Iā€™ll be Curt Hennig.

Last HS kid I missed on was Coleman and everyone missed that Including Witfong. Iā€™ve gotten more conservative this class because itā€™s just too wild but Iā€™d make both picks again with the info I had and the different places it came from. When you shock your own family you know itā€™s the wild Wild West.
@Cribby man *** dat **** šŸ! *** deez ppl! (BIG PAUSE)! Man U give out legit info for free when u donā€™t have to! If a MF donā€™t like ur info let dem go to the other sites & pay 4 it! Iā€™m gon ride wit u till the wheels fall off (BIG PAUSE ). Donā€™t let da haters bother u! Keep doin ur insider **** bc ur the best doin it right now (BIG PAUSE). If u ainā€™t got no haters u ainā€™t poppin

Advertisement
There's definitely a path. Do I think it's likely we land a "few" more top 100 guys no. But there are a few in play that we have a legit shot for but I don't have faith in our season to say we land all of them.
Fair is fair. Thanks for the response.

I donā€™t care what you appreciate and yes Iā€™m insinuating that youā€™re here far more to ***** and complain when we take an L than you are when things are the opposite. Thatā€™s my opinion and the opinion of others in my situation here.

That, and setting unreasonable expectations and then feigning frustration when we inevitably come up short.

Advertisement
There's definitely a path. Do I think it's likely we land a "few" more top 100 guys no. But there are a few in play that we have a legit shot for but I don't have faith in our season to say we land all of them.
Still available we're in the picture for:
Zavier Mincey
Chris Cole
Aydin Breland

And we won't stop recruiting Ellis Robinson, Jeremiah Smith, David Stone, Ryan Wingo until the end.

Yeah and his actual position coach Salive'a is the one nobody seems to want to play for, for some reason. Salive'a is a professional at whiffle ball. He can certainly whiff his *** off. The only reason we were in it was because of JT.

Like I said when I got beat up on here when we discussed DT recruiting. This staff should have treated this position the same exact way they treated the OL last year, but they simply didn't.

U canā€™t say ā€œwhiffā€ when the guy is not involved in the recruiting. Thatā€™s a low hanging fruit. Weā€™ve struggled for DTs for quite some time, but the fact is both JT & Joe have had some huge misses, & they got some wins w/ Lightfoot & A Jones, respectively. However, if u see how many players JT have whiffed across the DL, it would make u blush.

Unfortunately, heā€™s a green recruiter w/ nothing on his rĆ©sumĆ©. U canā€™t simply sell or say ā€œuā€™re a HOFer ā€œas a coach; results need to be attached to show u can develop/teach.

If we have a solid season w/ some good trench work along the DL (pause), I think itā€™ll be much easier to recruit these caliber of players moving fwd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back