2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not anyone likes Mirabal doesn't matter at all, cause we're going to recruit and land top Olineman with him and Mario, and have done so already.
Beard is WRs, JT is Dline, and Nicholson is LBs.

I'm sure Dawson and Guidry are liabilities in recruiting, but that's fine - they're coordinators. And ultimately Dawsons offense as a whole is going to be the key to getting a top QB, not really his individual ability to recruit.

So then the issue is really just Addae at DB coach, and assistants. Maybe some don't like Dennis Smith or some others. But regarding Addae I think everyone here is already in agreement on and expect to be gone next season. After him maybe it would be Salave'a. But at the end of the day if he does his job and gets the Islanders, that's his main purpose.

Woodiel is TEs but is young. Could be a liability right now, but could also majorly improve... Only other guy is Harris at Rb, which I doubt there is a bunch of negativity around. .,.

That's a great synopsis of deductive reasoning. But when QB, DT and CB are weak areas of recruiting it never ends well lol. Mario is continuing to get more budget for S&C, analysts and other important areas too. It's going to be all good but shoring up this years class would go a very long way to having us in that 12 team playoff fast!

Advertisement
That's a great synopsis of deductive reasoning. But when QB, DT and CB are weak areas of recruiting it never ends well lol. Mario is continuing to get more budget for S&C, analysts and other important areas too. It's going to be all good but shoring up this years class would go a very long way to having us in that 12 team playoff fast!
Well Qb is entirely its own category to me. And I have repeatedly said ultimately what we do at QB will be THE determining factor to if we're competing for CFP and National Championships or just happy with 9-10 win seasons. It's clearly the position everyone should be the least confident in marios recruiting and decisions about. For track record reasons AND just the obvious that unless you get a top like 3 guy (and even then) it's extremely hit or miss. Just never seemed like we had much of any traction with HS QBs this class. last year we got screwed by UF promising the moon and not delivering. That is what it is. That set us up to need transfer for next season.. I just don't see how you responsibly allocate NIL to QB except by just paying one guy to be THE GUY at a time (and keep taking cheap developmental guys along the way)

CB is the biggest failure thus far imo.. DT I think will get better. We already have one elite prospect this class imo. And it's still 'Just August' so if we get 1 more legit dude I think it's a great DL class. Depth is clearly shaping up to be a problem, and we're going to have to get 2 portal DTs most likely. But I think we'll land our share of studs over the next few years at DT.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I gotta believe they played the U Health card big time. However, bringing him to the zoo that is the Jackson trauma center may have scared his parents off.
I know they use the Lennar Center on campus a lot for recruiting and it really is beautiful. But Jackson is a beautiful place if you want to learn medicine. The Trauma Resus Unit at Jackson is the tip of the spear. A lot of Neurosurgical intervention there. And lowkey some of the best sushi in Miami there believe it or not (it’s a subleased space in the cafeteria that is a Japanese couple that run it).

Think it would’ve provided a little bit of “shock” no doubt. I think in a good way and would’ve made us standout more. I probably would’ve asked him if that’s something he’d want to do first and get the parents to sign off. Again, not that it would’ve made a difference ultimately.

My theory...

Mario and staff berates them...they tell them what they want to hear to fall back a bit.
Berates is a strong word. Is that really what you mean?

Edit: I see you clarified. 👊🏼

Last edited:
Last HS kid I missed on was Coleman and everyone missed that Including Witfong. I’ve gotten more conservative this class because it’s just too wild but I’d make both picks again with the info I had and the different places it came from. When you shock your own family you know it’s the wild Wild West.
Listen brother Cribby. Don’t spend one second on these ungrateful jack in the box yahoos. We appreciate you man. Mature humans understand that these are kids and they for x y z change their minds on a whim

Advertisement
People saying this kid trolled Mario. He trolled his family too. So what? If it was a troll so be it, but I bet he's still in play before signing day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
one other thing I would say. We have DC who has yet to prove he can coach at the P5 level. I think if we look good and start getting kids to nfl, that changes alot.

I actually think he was split. Think he told his family UM & in the final minutes he legit changed his mind. Went with his heart over the bigger offer…. It happens man

The family could've been part of the pressure as they wanted the bigger deal. I don't know and I don't have a single thing that would make me paint them that way. Still, money has a way of changing people.

IMO, Venebles was rhe right choice on developing his position. Just like us, they've gotta start winning as it's only going to get tougher when they hit the SEC.

JT was his only recruiter. Smh
Yeah and his actual position coach Salive'a is the one nobody seems to want to play for, for some reason. Salive'a is a professional at whiffle ball. He can certainly whiff his *** off. The only reason we were in it was because of JT.

Like I said when I got beat up on here when we discussed DT recruiting. This staff should have treated this position the same exact way they treated the OL last year, but they simply didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back