2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm perfectly fine. Ur the one who insinuated that I was some kind of ignorant porster.

Btw, Stone doesn't want to be just any ol' doctor. He wants to be a neurosurgeon. One would think, with the football variables being relatively equal, that a meaningful difference in the quality of med schools would win out. Hence my question.

IF Miami's med school and opportunities through U Health are considerably better than what OU has to offer, and this kid is too timid to leave mommy and daddy to take advantage, I'm not sure I'd want him touching my brain anyway.
Honestly the medical school doesn’t make that much of a difference
Oklahoma is a major tertiary academic center
He’ll have all the exposure and access he needs
There’s nothing Miami could offer him a that Oklahoma couldn’t
Unless the chair of neurosurgery residency at miami was more famous
Other than that it won’t make much difference for his residency chances

My theory...

Mario and staff berates them...they tell them what they want to hear to fall back a bit.
Maybe. I'm more inclined to believe that because they had mama and family on their side, they believed that would carry the day.

Advertisement
Yup, i am. Context behind the information always interesting and fun to learn. No harm in asking imo, whether people decide to share is up to them and fine by me.
Have you gotten the information?

I'm perfectly fine. Ur the one who insinuated that I was some kind of ignorant porster.

Btw, Stone doesn't want to be just any ol' doctor. He wants to be a neurosurgeon. One would think, with the football variables being relatively equal, that a meaningful difference in the quality of med schools would win out. Hence my question.

IF Miami's med school and opportunities through U Health are considerably better than what OU has to offer, and this kid is too timid to leave mommy and daddy to take advantage, I'm not sure I'd want him touching my brain anyway.
This dude has zero chance of becoming a neurosurgeon.

On this topic since we’re discussing the shoulda/coulda/woulda with stone, how cool would it have been to show him what you’re talking about with what UHealth has to offer and him and Mario scrub up and do some shadowing at Ryder Trauma on his official visit.

I know seeing it upfront is what motivated me to go to Med school and I think it would’ve made his official visit unique and different from the rest of what the country threw at him.

Not that it matters all that much in the NIL era but just a thought. Maybe I’m just geeking over the subject since it’s my field.

Advertisement
Honestly the medical school doesn’t make that much of a difference
Oklahoma is a major tertiary academic center
He’ll have all the exposure and access he needs
There’s nothing Miami could offer him a that Oklahoma couldn’t
Unless the chair of neurosurgery residency at miami was more famous
Other than that it won’t make much difference for his residency chances
Thank you. That's the answer I was looking for. Everything i was reading made me believe that his desire to be a doctor gave UM a big advantage over the other schools. Clearly, that is not the case.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
We didn't replace all the dead weight haha or the worst of it IMO. FTR I love Beard, JT and the Nole.

Whether or not anyone likes Mirabal doesn't matter at all, cause we're going to recruit and land top Olineman with him and Mario, and have done so already.
Beard is WRs, JT is Dline, and Nicholson is LBs.

I'm sure Dawson and Guidry are liabilities in recruiting, but that's fine - they're coordinators. And ultimately Dawsons offense as a whole is going to be the key to getting a top QB, not really his individual ability to recruit.

So then the issue is really just Addae at DB coach, and assistants. Maybe some don't like Dennis Smith or some others. But regarding Addae I think everyone here is already in agreement on and expect to be gone next season. After him maybe it would be Salave'a. But at the end of the day if he does his job and gets the Islanders, that's his main purpose.

Woodiel is TEs but is young. Could be a liability right now, but could also majorly improve... Only other guy is Harris at Rb, which I doubt there is a bunch of negativity around. .,.

Now obviously these guys also recruit areas, not just their position, making it a bit more comlipcated...

You know what p-i-$ses me off more than this kid acting like a little bia^tch?

The so-called ‘Canes fans that post chit about Mario. It somehow makes these mopes feel better if they crap on our head coach. They are so distraught and upset about losing a big time recruit, they channel their anger toward our head coach and staff.

You know who you are. You suck!!!
Go back to your bubble sport, Mario has earned any bit of negativity by getting blown out by MTSU and getting blown out 4 times in one season.

Then he's followed it up with Al Goldenesque recruiting when he was supposed to be landing all this talent

Advertisement
On this topic since we’re discussing the shoulda/coulda/woulda with stone, how cool would it have been to show him what you’re talking about with what UHealth has to offer and him and Mario scrub up and do some shadowing at Ryder Trauma on his official visit.

I know seeing it upfront is what motivated me to go to Med school and I think it would’ve made his official visit unique and different from the rest of what the country threw at him.

Not that it matters all that much in the NIL era but just a thought. Maybe I’m just geeking over the subject since it’s my field.
I gotta believe they played the U Health card big time. However, bringing him to the zoo that is the Jackson trauma center may have scared his parents off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back