2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right... but in no universe is Jayden Jackson even remotely close to as big of an L.

Now there can be cases where lesser talented guys you miss on are bigger L's than missing on elite guys - maybe because of location, or how easy it should have been to secure the Win in the lower rated guys recruitment but you fumbled it, while the elite recruit you had little to no shot at...

But in this case David Stone is obviously a Big L. Jayden Jackson is a small L. Everyone loves **** talking all the 3 stars we're getting, but suddenly for him they ignore that he's a 3star lol. And everyone has said he's a take, but not remotely a priority.
But if he was gonna push stone towards you
I think he should have been a priory
That’s the question though

Advertisement
The guys *****ing and moaning at Cribby cause he wasn’t right this ONE time will be the same bunch of mopes that will be crying for his info when/if he says fck it,I don’t need this anymore and starts keeping his info to himself or gives it to a select few in DM’s .

Guys like Cribby and the info he has are few and far between on these sites and I swear there’s a group of poRsters on every site that does their best to insult guys bringing info to the point where all the info dries up.

I don’t blame them a bit for just saying ***** it cause I know I wouldn’t take the abuse these guys take when something like this happens where EVERYONE thinks a kid goes one way and shocks everyone including family and coaches and goes a different route.

I'm sure you have Dora the Explorer.

Know what they call the bottom graduate of the worst medical school?

Doctor.

Lighten up friend.
I'm perfectly fine. Ur the one who insinuated that I was some kind of ignorant porster.

Btw, Stone doesn't want to be just any ol' doctor. He wants to be a neurosurgeon. One would think, with the football variables being relatively equal, that a meaningful difference in the quality of med schools would win out. Hence my question.

IF Miami's med school and opportunities through U Health are considerably better than what OU has to offer, and this kid is too timid to leave mommy and daddy to take advantage, I'm not sure I'd want him touching my brain anyway.

Cribby why are they only going all out fro top 5 type DTs that have proven to be impossible for us to land.Why not recruit solid high 3*s or low 4*s like a Horton from last class.
Because landing elite guys like that is the only thing that’s gonna get us back to dominance… Unfortunately we swung and missed on: Stone, Scott and Franklin
Stewart and Simmons as well…

Surprised, confused, uncomfortable....whatever...Its Cane Tears same as Nole Tears.

Same sh*t from every fan base after a kid commits elesewhere..i aint new to recruiting...

Every kid commits else where its "bags", last second phone call, all kinds of b.s..

this kid was an Ou lean almost the whole cycle. The only folks wanting him hear was the fam...hence the shocking of the world..and him likely telling them he was coming to um in order to not have them on his back about this commitment.
And this is what the OU staff was most likely harping at him all this time.That in the end it was his decision not his family's.Good for them it worked.

Advertisement
Deen is what exactly? What narrative do i need to explain Jacob Lichtenstein and Thomas Gore? Is this really where you wanna impose your will?
Licht was our most consistent run defender and one of the 3 interior guys to actuall have a sack. Just because he got hurt doesn’t mean you can talk **** we actually missed up front.

When a recruits little brother says “ I thought your were picking Miami” as well as the rest of the family I can honestly say it’s bat **** crazy. I thought the Alex Collins situation was wild lol. I had a 6 year run was recruiting but I think it’s getting time for me to hang up my jersey 🤣
You can only do so much and bring info based on what you know. At some point these kids will just do what they do.

People can't even be happy with Patterson and not **** all over everything because we missed on Stone.

Some of you need to fess up about exactly what team you're a fan of, because it ain't the Canes.

Advertisement
Licht was our most consistent run defender and one of the 3 interior guys to actuall have a sack. Just because he got hurt doesn’t mean you can talk **** we actually missed up front.
He is cheeks stop this. He wasn’t missed because he wasnt noticed. Deen is ok, we certainly went into the portal with larger aspirations.

Because landing elite guys like that is the only thing that’s gonna get us back to dominance… Unfortunately we swung and missed on: Stone, Scott and Franklin
Yep. If your goal is to win titles you have to land these guys. DE / DT is the one area you have to land elite guys. Trenches win in cfb.

When a recruits little brother says “ I thought your were picking Miami” as well as the rest of the family I can honestly say it’s bat **** crazy. I thought the Alex Collins situation was wild lol. I had a 6 year run was recruiting but I think it’s getting time for me to hang up my jersey 🤣
Cribby I still love you man. It’s not ur fault.

Advertisement
Mario has a 9 more years in his contract and is nowhere near playing for anything meaningful anytime soon.Don't waste time with these whales and instead sign solid top 20 DT types and build a team that can win 10 games and then swing for the fences.

Nothing. Just complain more about how you became a fan when Miami was on top and how these young guys don’t get it and you must have excellence again.

You don’t get it. I started going to games in the earlier 70’s when we sucked - in the humid heat of the OB and was there regardless of win or loss year after year. Plenty on here go back further. When we became great it was something we could appreciate and very unexpected.

Now if we don’t duplicate that, everything sucks - like this school was ever supposed to even be in the conversation.

Why can't we all have our opinions and be gentlemen and cordial about it? I do get your point of view. If I had come up in that time and seen both the rise and fall, I might feel the same way. Same thing if I had come up in the past 20 years and only known the Shannon/Golden/Manny years. I'm not saying anybody else is wrong. But I also have to be real about what I think and where I'm coming from. My perspective isn't any less valid. I didn't see the 70's. My first exposure to the Canes was watching us dominate.

And that tells me at least that it CAN be done here, if the will is there at the organizational level.

You know in a way, RVA, you're being mopier than I am. I'm ****ed off that we missed on a DT because I expect to win these battles. That comes from having belief and being let down. But the point of view you've expressed, referencing the 70's, seems resigned to the fact that we'll never get those glory years back and that you've accepted it, and enjoy following the team anyway.

And who knows, maybe that's the right outlook. That's probably the wisdom gained from that extra decade you have on me of canes fandom. Me expecting something of the Miami admin that they don't expect of themselves is probably wasted effort.

JT was his only recruiter. Smh
Yeah, this one isn't on Joe.

At some point though, you do have to ask yourself why for various DT prospects, your DT coach isn't amongst their primary recruiters. If the unit on the field is coached up, then sure...that's great. But if the improvement at DT doesn't exceed his lack of a recruiting "presence", then maybe questions surrounding his value to the program are valid.

Obviously Addae is a pretty frequent point of discussion, don't think we need to dive into this much further.

Beard and Harris seem like good recruiters. Nicholson was considered a plus recruiter when brought in...anything remotely noteworthy (positive or negative) that he's been apart of down here?

Advertisement
Cribby I still love you man. It’s not ur fault.

611DF991-313A-4430-AA3A-B0EA34B8E381.gif

Mario has a 9 more years in his contract and is nowhere near playing for anything meaningful anytime soon.Don't waste time with these whales and instead sign solid top 20 DT types and build a team that can win 10 games and then swing for the fences.
Dimitry Nicolas should’ve been a take. Will probably go on to be really good at Auburn. I still don’t understand why we didn’t push for him…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back