2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too soon lol. We’re in the top 3. Last I heard UGA was leading but who knows at this point?
Cribby why are they only going all out fro top 5 type DTs that have proven to be impossible for us to land.Why not recruit solid high 3*s or low 4*s like a Horton from last class.

Advertisement
If this is true then there are red flags DLL over the place in terms of his ability to hire a competent staff. From the overly long hiring process, the failure of a staff from last year, and dead weight recruiters, it all is concerning. What is Mario’s core competency other than a willingness to personally recruit players?
He is friends with wealthy boosters………

Mario acts like a recruiting coordinator sometimes. Most of our assistants are dead weight on the trail. If the CEO does all your sales calls in business it's not always seen as a positive by potential clients.

grama-rounders.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Too soon lol. We’re in the top 3. Last I heard UGA was leading but who knows at this point?
Throw whatever remaining $$ we have and pray for the best lol. I dno why the DT position just continues to allude this team. Still can't believe what I witnessed tonight. Least excitement I've seen from the family for a commitment in a good while...

Advertisement
And, again, read what I WROTE, and don't confuse what I'm saying with anyone else.

I said (and most have said) absolutely nothing about "uncomfortable" or "unhappy" for Stone.

SURPRISED. That's what we are talking about. SURPRISE. The kid clearly called an audible and SURPRISED the family, who were expecting Miami. But they are FROM Oklahoma, so most of us have never claimed the family was "uncomfortable" or "unhappy" that he decided to stay home.

THAT is the difference.

F$U fans claim that Patterson and his mom were UNHAPPY with the Miami choice, even though F$U finished as his fourth choice.

Miami fans are pointing out that Stone's family seemed SURPRISED, and that is backed up by things that were said in the Instagram feed.

Those are NOT the same things.
Surprised, confused, uncomfortable....whatever...Its Cane Tears same as Nole Tears.

Same sh*t from every fan base after a kid commits elesewhere..i aint new to recruiting...

Every kid commits else where its "bags", last second phone call, all kinds of b.s..

this kid was an Ou lean almost the whole cycle. The only folks wanting him hear was the fam...hence the shocking of the world..and him likely telling them he was coming to um in order to not have them on his back about this commitment.

After all missing out on a few ⭐️ recruits do you think our staff pulls back a bit on being so relentless with the recruits and family…I truly believe it’s starting to have an effect…

Mario is going to slay 25 and 26 because of relationships HE built and proximity to obscene talent the next 2 years. But we have a few assistants that can't develop talent or develop relationships with kids in recruiting and have no street cred so Mario ends up coming in and wooing mom and dad and blowing the kid up thinking as long as I call and text more than anyone they feel wanted.

It's not necessary to do it that way. several of our assitants are disliked in the recruiting community for a myriad of reasons. Meanwhile as an example the guy landing all the Ravens isn't even getting paid for it.

To answer your question yes I believe he will adapt starting with better more capable assitants. Look at Kevin Beard. You need 2-3 more of him on staff and we are there.

Advertisement
The scale is that this is a massive loss.
Right... but in no universe is Jayden Jackson even remotely close to as big of an L.

Now there can be cases where lesser talented guys you miss on are bigger L's than missing on elite guys - maybe because of location, or how easy it should have been to secure the Win in the lower rated guys recruitment but you fumbled it, while the elite recruit you had little to no shot at...

But in this case David Stone is obviously a Big L. Jayden Jackson is a small L. Everyone loves **** talking all the 3 stars we're getting, but suddenly for him they ignore that he's a 3star lol. And everyone has said he's a take, but not remotely a priority.

If I keep speaking my mind, RvA is going to kick me off this board lol. But one last thought on this because I can't help myself... you're right I forgot about Clemson, they did win with sub top -10 classes. But they had elite QB's and DT's, which are the most important positions in football. And if you look at our class right now, I think most people would agree that DT and QB are struggling.

Look I'm not saying all hope is lost, just that we're on the wrong track. We could sign these players in the portal too. I just don't personally believe we will, if we're missing on Franklin/Stone/Scott/etc why would we suddenly figure it out and start landing these kinds of kids later? It's a pattern and that means there's some kind of underlying root cause or issue that needs to be fixed.
I agree with everything u are saying
And when it comes to commits their not nearly the same impact
Yes we should be happy to land Patterson but landing Patterson is not as big as landing stone
Honestly losing Patterson and landing stone would have been better

This is the strangest recruiting cycle I can remember
When a recruits little brother says “ I thought your were picking Miami” as well as the rest of the family I can honestly say it’s bat **** crazy. I thought the Alex Collins situation was wild lol. I had a 6 year run with recruiting but I think it’s getting time for me to hang up my jersey 🤣

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back