2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not at all, but watching 85% of this board run in here to **** and moan a kid decided to stay at home is always entertaining yet sad. “Fans”
Nobody here is *****in and moaning because he decided to stay home. People here are upset because they know the simple truth that we will never get anywhere in terms of where we want this program to go until we start adding elite DTs to the roster. There is no shortcut to that. It's simple physics and until Mario and staff start to add elite talent at that position our ceiling will be that of a good Al Golden Miami team with a better defense but nowhere close to being able to stop the elite offenses.

Advertisement
maybe berate is the wrong word...

Our staff is constantly the staff that calls , text the most to these recruits and especially to priority recruits like this.

I think it becomes a bit much and they have a hard time telling the staff no at times especially when parents are locked in and created relationships with staff.

I personally never thought this kid was coming here...n like i stated the commitment of Jackson tilted it even more that way for me.
I got you now. I agree with your take, but was like “berate”? That’s a strong word lol

see my post after b4 i got to see yours. ...great minds think alike

Haha for sure man. And what you said is absolutely accurate. Resourcefulness is a more important trait than being relentless in this game.

Mario acts like a recruiting coordinator sometimes. Most of our assistants are dead weight on the trail. If the CEO does all your sales calls in business it's not always seen as a positive by potential clients.

Advertisement
Haha for sure man. And what you said is absolutely accurate. Resourcefulness is a more important trait than being relentless in this game.

Mario acts like a recruiting coordinator sometimes. Most of our assistants are dead weight on the trail. If the CEO does all your sales calls in business it's not always seen as a positive by potential clients.
...we replaced dead weight with more dead weight?

The post are the same n trust me i know all about Patterson.

The same crying by opposing fans about family being shocked n not comfortable, etc.

I did watch his ig reel and it appears his kid bro said he thought he was gonna pick the u...the fam didnt seem too uncomfortable or unhappy from that viewpoint

And, again, read what I WROTE, and don't confuse what I'm saying with anyone else.

I said (and most have said) absolutely nothing about "uncomfortable" or "unhappy" for Stone.

SURPRISED. That's what we are talking about. SURPRISE. The kid clearly called an audible and SURPRISED the family, who were expecting Miami. But they are FROM Oklahoma, so most of us have never claimed the family was "uncomfortable" or "unhappy" that he decided to stay home.

THAT is the difference.

F$U fans claim that Patterson and his mom were UNHAPPY with the Miami choice, even though F$U finished as his fourth choice.

Miami fans are pointing out that Stone's family seemed SURPRISED, and that is backed up by things that were said in the Instagram feed.

Those are NOT the same things.

Advertisement
...There absolutely is a scale lol. Why wouldn't there be a scale?
Landing Jeremiah Smith would be a bigger win than landing someone like Barney.
Losing Jojo Trader would be a bigger loss than not landing someone like Barney....
Not very difficult.

If we have 10 BIG wins, and 10 small losses, they aren't equal.
The scale is that this is a massive loss.

435B3307-ABE4-420E-940B-652A3918BDE4.jpeg

The Mopes are coming in heavy !!!!!
Lol they were ready !!

Mario and the staff scolds and angrily criticizes kids and that makes recruits tell Mario that they are coming. Then Mario backs off of them. And then the player commits to another school.

Is that what you are saying?
i explained it above...berate was the wrong word used

Reactions: jsy
What am I supposed to do with that?
Nothing. Just complain more about how you became a fan when Miami was on top and how these young guys don’t get it and you must have excellence again.

You don’t get it. I started going to games in the earlier 70’s when we sucked - in the humid heat of the OB and was there regardless of win or loss year after year. Plenty on here go back further. When we became great it was something we could appreciate and very unexpected.

Now if we don’t duplicate that, everything sucks - like this school was ever supposed to even be in the conversation.

Advertisement
Some of these kids are genuinely torn and aren't trolling.

You're not far off my friend. We also recruit the family too much instead of the recruit in some instances from my experience. Relentless is cool and all but as I said months ago we are making things harder than they need to be.

Could you elaborate?

No joke. What’s the DL class like in 25?

Not the issue at this point.

We will clearly take a couple of guys in the Portal.

When F$U does the EXACT SAME THING, certain people on this board bust a nut for their hero Prison Mike Norvell.

Advertisement

If this is true then there are red flags all over the place in terms of his ability to hire a competent staff. From the overly long hiring process, the failure of a staff from last year, and dead weight recruiters, it is all concerning. What is Mario’s core competency other than a willingness to personally recruit players?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back