2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t that with perennial Qb Watson tho.. we need a stud like that. Hope nickel is that dude.
Yep. But I dont even think Watson was a 5 star. They evaluate really well though which is the point I was trying to make to the OP. Top 5 classes is a good goal and correlates to natty's but you can win big with classes ranked 7-15 if you generally evaluate well and hit on a qb. The qb part is what carried Clemson. Watson/Lawrence brought them a ring apiece.

Advertisement
Berates them? What? Why? Expand upon that please.
maybe berate is the wrong word...

Our staff is constantly the staff that calls , text the most to these recruits and especially to priority recruits like this.

I think it becomes a bit much and they have a hard time telling the staff no at times especially when parents are locked in and created relationships with staff.

I personally never thought this kid was coming here...n like i stated the commitment of Jackson tilted it even more that way for me.

This board is hilarious man I can’t lie. A guy who drops inside information FOR FREE is getting roasted because a high school athlete didn’t pick the school he had predicted. Some of you guys are insufferable.
Last HS kid I missed on was Coleman and everyone missed that Including Witfong. I’ve gotten more conservative this class because it’s just too wild but I’d make both picks again with the info I had and the different places it came from. When you shock your own family you know it’s the wild Wild West.

Some of these kids are genuinely torn and aren't trolling.

You're not far off my friend. We also recruit the family too much instead of the recruit in some instances from my experience. Relentless is cool and all but as I said months ago we are making things harder than they need to be.
see my post after b4 i got to see yours. ...great minds think alike.

Advertisement
Lol.
I wasnt aware that there was a “scale” for our losses. Big loss or a little loss, its still an L. We wanted him, we had him on campus several times, he didnt choose us. It’s an L at the end of the day, nobody cares if it was a small L or big L, except you I guess
...There absolutely is a scale lol. Why wouldn't there be a scale?
Landing Jeremiah Smith would be a bigger win than landing someone like Barney.
Losing Jojo Trader would be a bigger loss than not landing someone like Barney....
Not very difficult.

If we have 10 BIG wins, and 10 small losses, they aren't equal.

You're not far off my friend. We also recruit the family too much instead of the recruit in some instances from my experience. Relentless is cool and all but as I said months ago we are making things harder than they need to be.
Can you elaborate on that? Very curious on how Miami is making it harder

Our staff is constantly the staff that calls , text the most to these recruits and especially to priority recruits like this.

I think it becomes a bit much and they have a hard time telling the staff no at times especially when parents are locked in and created relationships with staff.

Fair points…I sometimes wonder if we are a bit overbearing.

I mean even on the Patterson interview he said "Cristobal oh my god calls and texts me constantly…That man wants me bad"…And it was almost awkard the way he said it

I guess there's no end-all, be-all formula or approach though.

Advertisement
I've been a member of this site since 2018 and have 5000 posts, I don't just come on here when there's bad news and you clearly know that. I'm also not saying anything new that a million other people haven't already said.

Honestly, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm not allowed to have my own opinion about this staff or admin and express that, or that somehow that makes me a troll. I don't attack other people, I say what I think and right now I don't think highly of where the program is. We won 5 games, so I think I'm not crazy for having that viewpoint. If you don't like that, well you're a mod so go ahead and kick me out. I can only speak my mind. Hopefully this season is a good one and my cynisim is proven wrong.
I don’t care what you appreciate and yes I’m insinuating that you’re here far more to ***** and complain when we take an L than you are when things are the opposite. That’s my opinion and the opinion of others in my situation here.

Mario might flip a kid or two. he just did it was Elias.
I wish stone the best regardless. vernables is a jerk and I look forward to watching him get beat down in SEC.
I think Mario will flip someone, idk what position tho. I do think we need 9 wins and a bowl win as well

Clemson won the title in 2016 and didn’t even have back-to-back top 10 classes

If I keep speaking my mind, RvA is going to kick me off this board lol. But one last thought on this because I can't help myself... you're right I forgot about Clemson, they did win with sub top -10 classes. But they had elite QB's and DT's, which are the most important positions in football. And if you look at our class right now, I think most people would agree that DT and QB are struggling.

Look I'm not saying all hope is lost, just that we're on the wrong track. We could sign these players in the portal too. I just don't personally believe we will, if we're missing on Franklin/Stone/Scott/etc why would we suddenly figure it out and start landing these kinds of kids later? It's a pattern and that means there's some kind of underlying root cause or issue that needs to be fixed.

Advertisement
My theory...

Mario and staff berates them...they tell them what they want to hear to fall back a bit.
Mario and the staff scolds and angrily criticizes kids and that makes recruits tell Mario that they are coming. Then Mario backs off of them. And then the player commits to another school.

Is that what you are saying?

Stone was the only one I said was coming because he told UM and people around IMG. Thats the same way I knew Patterson was coming. It wasn’t just UM. But I agree , kids are getting paid and staying home or close to home.
Any shot with Breland still? Should have funds available with all the misses. Need a stud DT badly...

I don’t care what you appreciate and yes I’m insinuating that you’re here far more to ***** and complain when we take an L than you are when things are the opposite. That’s my opinion and the opinion of others in my situation here.

What am I supposed to do with that?

Advertisement

After all missing out on a few ⭐️ recruits do you think our staff pulls back a bit on being so relentless with the recruits and family…I truly believe it’s starting to have an effect…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back