2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very fitting end to the summer to be honest

Been a wild off-season to say the least with this a nice little bow on top

Time to get the stink of last season on the field out of our souls and start winning some meaningful games
1 forward 2 back.

Advertisement
At some point Miami is going to have to overachieve in relation to its talent level to return to prominence. The plan of loading up on talent before making a run just isn’t going to work. Stoops and Saban got their teams to overachieve early in their tenures at OU and Bama and things took off from there. I just don’t think Mario is the guy to get more out of less.
yeah. he never did that at FIU or Oregon lmao

It's not a rule, but nobody has ever won a natty without stringing back-to-back top 5 classes is the point.

I'm getting old. I grew up with a Miami that won natties or played for them almost every year, so that's the level I expect from them. I'm not good with 14th place. But there is a part of me that understands where y'all are coming from... 20 years ago is a long time ago, and most of you never experienced that so your standard is a little different. A lot of schools would be happy to perform at the level Miami does in the ACC, I'm just not one of those people.
I'm pretty sure when Clemson won that first natty they weren't even consistently top 10, and by the time they won their 2nd natty was when they had their first truly elite recruiting class which resulted in stacking top 7ish classes. And keep in mind they accomplished this prior to the portal.

Advertisement
Its because I did the Basic instead of Ultimate. No wonder this conference folded.

YOU GUYS HAVE TO STOP COMPLAIINING ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO WATCH USC ON THE PAC 12 NETWORK!

Look at all these great alternatives:

ABC - South Carolina State at Jackson State (post Coach Neon)
The Grio - Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Alcorn State (I don't know what The Grio is either)
ESPN - UMass at New Mexico State (our coulda-woulda-should AD!)
FS1 - Ohio at San Diego State (basketball school)
CBS Sports - FIU at LaTech (the only team in Miami with an on-campus stadium)
SECN - Hawaii at Vanderbilt (no fires...too soon?)

Plenty of fantastic options...who wants to see a ranked USC team anyhow?

Could have been a historic, epic day.

Instead it’s just a really, really good one.

Now let’s go win some football games.
Usually, I wouldn’t care that much.
But this loss stings. DTs are really hard to come by.
Oh well. hope he enjoys Oklahoma.
If I said I wish him the best and his moms,
I’d be lying. I’m petty like that.

Advertisement
funny is we spent 20 years *****ing kids left so fla and now we get mad kids like Franklin and stone play for their home teams.
Think those misses are why people are mad, no?
In fact these are the exact recruitments where the south Florida kids leave for the biggest bag

we weren't on him like other guys. you guys want to believe everything is a lose. we weren't even after Simmons that hard.
Franklin, Scott, and Stone were big losses.

Lol.
I wasnt aware that there was a “scale” for our losses. Big loss or a little loss, its still an L. We wanted him, we had him on campus several times, he didnt choose us. It’s an L at the end of the day, nobody cares if it was a small L or big L, except you I guess

I'm pretty sure when Clemson won that first natty they weren't even consistently top 10, and by the time they won their 2nd natty was when they had their first truly elite recruiting class which resulted in stacking top 7ish classes. And keep in mind they accomplished this prior to the portal.
Wasn’t that with perennial Qb Watson tho.. we need a stud like that. Hope nickel is that dude.

Advertisement
we weren't on him like other guys. you guys want to believe everything is a lose. we weren't even after Simmons that hard.
Franklin, Scott, and Stone were big losses.
Yeah but that's a problem as well, we need as many DTs as we can get and the staff is whiffing on most of their top guys and will have to try and get guys out of the portal which is probably even harder than out of high school. They seem a bit arrogant about their ability to close imo.

It's not a rule, but nobody has ever won a natty without stringing back-to-back top 5 classes is the point.

I'm getting old. I grew up with a Miami that won natties or played for them almost every year, so that's the level I expect from them. I'm not good with 14th place. But there is a part of me that understands where y'all are coming from... 20 years ago is a long time ago, and most of you never experienced that so your standard is a little different. A lot of schools would be happy to perform at the level Miami does in the ACC, I'm just not one of those people.
Clemson won the title in 2016 and didn’t even have back-to-back top 10 classes

Advertisement
Lol.
I wasnt aware that there was a “scale” for our losses. Big loss or a little loss, its still an L. We wanted him, we had him on campus several times, he didnt choose us. It’s an L at the end of the day, nobody cares if it was a small L or big L, except you I guess
handicapped loop GIF

I’ve ripped him plenty so I don’t care if you’re a fan or not. I’ve noticed that certain posters are here conveniently when there’s bad news and not anywhere to be seen as it’s inconvenient when there’s good news.

You’re one of them for certain.

I've been a member of this site since 2018 and have 5000 posts, I don't just come on here when there's bad news and you clearly know that. I'm also not saying anything new that a million other people haven't already said.

Honestly, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm not allowed to have my own opinion about this staff or admin and express that, or that somehow that makes me a troll. I don't attack other people, I say what I think and right now I don't think highly of where the program is. We won 5 games, so I think I'm not crazy for having that viewpoint. If you don't like that, well you're a mod so go ahead and kick me out. I can only speak my mind. Hopefully this season is a good one and my cynisim is proven wrong.

Some of these kids are genuinely torn and aren't trolling.
My theory...

Mario and staff berates them...they tell them what they want to hear to fall back a bit.

You're not far off my friend. We also recruit the family too much instead of the recruit in some instances from my experience. Relentless is cool and all but as I said months ago we are making things harder than they need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back