2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It’s not good or bad. I’ve been saying for awhile this one has been closer than everyone thought and UM was going all out. I posted years ago interviews , all the hand gestures crap and wrist bands Friday night means nothing. Trying to read a kid off that is silly.
I learned this the hard way with Tyson Campbell goofy *** UM wrist bands. I should of known better by that time at least. Silly me live and learn

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Advertisement
Its about freaking time the "mom wants him away from home" thing starts working in our favor. Its always been us on the wrong side of the stick in that scenario over the years. We got Riley now if we can only get Stone.

Seems like a smart family. Hope he picks Miami but either way kid will be successful in life. Mom wants him to grow and be a man on his own in his own state. Not forcing him to stay close to mom and sister.

Wants a good education and opportunities after college for her son. All around hope it works out he is a Cane cause he will be a leader in whatever locker room he is in next year.

Ohio is 1000% better than Oklahoma dude. Ohio has large cities, a plethora of pro sports teams, etc. and you couldn’t pay me to move back there. Oklahoma is a post, apocalyptic shytehole wven in the summertime.
I had to spend a lot of time in Ohio the past year and was pleasantly surprised. Columbus and Cincinnati are cool areas. Cleveland is a waste land. I definitely have a higher opinion of Ohio than I previously did.

Advertisement
I had to spend a lot of time in Ohio the past year and was pleasantly surprised. Columbus and Cincinnati are cool areas. Cleveland is a waste land. I definitely have a higher opinion of Ohio than I previously did.

Have heard the same about these cities - completely revitalized over the past 10-15 years.

I have immediate family that moved to Cincy and I gave them grief for moving there at first. I’d never been.

Long story short, every time I’ve visited since I’ve loved it more and more. Especially in the warmer seasons. They do their riverfront really well. I’m trying to line my visits up with some of the more hype Big 12 matchups at UC now. Think Oklahoma goes there this year. Cool place. Good culture
I was there around Christmas time...and the riverfront was lit up and it was really pretty...colder than I'd like it to be...but good food and beer...but skyline chilli is the same in cincy as it is in Florida.

Advertisement
Stone = Cane

After reading the 247 article, and the way him and his mom talk about Miami compared the others, its Miami. Mario gonna close this one!!!!

Regarding Miami

Osagie: “I’ll be upfront, there is a lot as far as the school. I’m looking for a college academic wise. His main goal outside of football is to become a doctor. That university alone provided so much opportunities I’ve never seen from a university. For me quality of education, what’s available academic wise I haven’t seen from the other schools. My son wants to be a doctor and they have all the things available to him at the university and the class size, the schools I’ve been traveling too, I’m aware of the larger-scale classes, my daughter goes to OU. I want him to go to college and stay focused on a career both in football and academics. Florida has been a blessing for my family. I say that often. Coming from him, the opportunity given to my family, there’s been growth in that state for my son. I’m grateful for the growth.”

Stone: “It’s everything. My family loves it. It’s that school right now. They’re No. 1 on my board. Being able to be coached by JT (Jason Taylor) it’s legendary. He’s a legendary player. He’s been where I want to be and done what I want to do. Yes big shoes to fill but what not better to learn from the person that’s done what you want to do. Just the way, they’ve been recruiting me hard ever since my first visit. I’ve been in constant communication with them. They’ve been hitting me up every day and it’s been a blast being recruited by them.”

Advertisement
I was born and raised in Toledo and went undergrad to Ohio U (Athens). I actually like Cleveland and Cincy (relatively speaking) insofar as midwestern cities go. I hate Columbus (mostly because of my hatred for Ohio State). D$ actually has some kin in Toledo.

Wiltfong posted an article about Stone. They're almost always fluff pieces. This one seems pretty positive. Especially his mom's quote. She's definitely on board.

I'm usually pretty reserved when it comes to picking what a teenager is going to do. But.. I think we get him.

Miami

Stone's mom said: “I’ll be upfront, there is a lot as far as the school. I’m looking for a college academic wise. His main goal outside of football is to become a doctor. That university alone provided so much opportunities I’ve never seen from a university. For me quality of education, what’s available academic wise I haven’t seen from the other schools. My son wants to be a doctor and they have all the things available to him at the university and the class size, the schools I’ve been traveling too, I’m aware of the larger-scale classes, my daughter goes to OU. I want him to go to college and stay focused on a career both in football and academics. Florida has been a blessing for my family. I say that often. Coming from him, the opportunity given to my family, there’s been growth in that state for my son. I’m grateful for the growth.”

Stone: “It’s everything. My family loves it. It’s that school right now. They’re No. 1 on my board. Being able to be coached by JT (Jason Taylor) it’s legendary. He’s a legendary player. He’s been where I want to be and done what I want to do. Yes big shoes to fill but what not better to learn from the person that’s done what you want to do. Just the way, they’ve been recruiting me hard ever since my first visit. I’ve been in constant communication with them. They’ve been hitting me up every day and it’s been a blast being recruited by them.”

Oklahoma:

Stone's mom: “It’s a good university. I like Todd Bates. My daughter is there. I like OU. The coaches are nice. I like Venables. He is a great man.”

Stone: “It would be like a no-brainer. It would be the easiest pick to make. It would be the simplest choice to come back and continue the Oklahoma legacy. They’ve (Bates and Venables) coached a lot of great players and developed a lot of great players into the league. Those guys are producing at the highest levels. I remember Coach Bates, I was on a visit to OU one time and the Clemson guys (in the NFL) were back there working out at Oklahoma even though they didn’t go there. It showed the relationship he has with his guys is outstanding. For them to come back to a school they didn’t attend shows how much trust and faith they put into that man.”
just posted this too. That review from mom is another level!!!

Stone = Cane

After reading the 247 article, and the way him and his mom talk about Miami compared the others, its Miami. Mario gonna close this one!!!!

Regarding Miami

Osagie: “I’ll be upfront, there is a lot as far as the school. I’m looking for a college academic wise. His main goal outside of football is to become a doctor. That university alone provided so much opportunities I’ve never seen from a university. For me quality of education, what’s available academic wise I haven’t seen from the other schools. My son wants to be a doctor and they have all the things available to him at the university and the class size, the schools I’ve been traveling too, I’m aware of the larger-scale classes, my daughter goes to OU. I want him to go to college and stay focused on a career both in football and academics. Florida has been a blessing for my family. I say that often. Coming from him, the opportunity given to my family, there’s been growth in that state for my son. I’m grateful for the growth.”

Be right 🤞🏾

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back