2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne , Riley Williams and Mauigoa didn’t.
Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

Advertisement
Miami is also a fairweather fan city so if your a winning team, everyone comes out. Problem is we have only one relevant season in the last 15 years (2017)..and guess what? The whole city came out for UM that year. The ND game atmosphere was top 5 in UM history and I’ve been to them all since 1982.
This. No local business is spending money to sponsor some kid on a 5-7 team that plays in front of 25,000 fans. That’s understanding that most people here either don’t care about UM football or only do when they’re winning. If the team can generate some buzz and get peoples’ attention, there could be a lot more NIL opportunities here. But as of now, most people don’t know anything about the UM football team besides that they used to be really good a long time ago.

Advertisement
He just talked about crying to see his family who lives 30 minutes from Boomer Sooner. You don’t think there is a draw to go back home and be close to them and they go to every single one of his games. Him throwing up the []_[] was the death kiss.
We’ve seen this 100 times already this cycle alone. Kids just using Miami to leverage the biggest bag possible out of OU. Staff will think they’re in it, feel good about it, and get stood up in the end. Sadly.

There is nothing like overpaying. A kid is worth to you what he is worth to you. Pay the kid whatever he is worth to Miami and **** the rest. We also got the Franklin and Simmons money in addition to make this happen. No excuses. Go get Stone.
This. Stop the overpaying nonsense. The price is the price. Either we want to win or fvck it

Advertisement
Crib has indicated our offer here is more than substantial. Outside of that he has a ton of IMG teammates here and an opportunity to play day 1 as our top line DT depth is thin. OU has home field advantage + their program has won a ton more than us which factors big, but they've been an offense heavy team that entire time with toilet water defense also coming off a crap season like us. Don't forget OU goes to the SEC next year and that " SEC allure " has killed us time and time again. I think Stone truly likes Miami and can see himself here but the way the cycle has played out its gotta be OU here.

Crib has indicated our offer here is more than substantial. Outside of that he has a ton of IMG teammates here and an opportunity to play day 1 as our top line DT depth is thin. OU has home field advantage + their program has won a ton more than us which factors big, but they've been an offense heavy team that entire time with toilet water defense also coming off a crap season like us. Don't forget OU goes to the SEC next year and that " SEC allure " has killed us time and time again. I think Stone truly likes Miami and can see himself here but the way the cycle has played out its gotta be OU here.
Like someone else said him throwing up the U was the kiss of death. I can't think of any time that was done or a recruit posted a team edit before an announcement and picked that school.

Miami is a much bigger city but not everyone is a fan, much less of the U. Not only do you have a plethora of graduates from UF, FSPOO and other schools but you also have a very sizable population that doesn’t even know what a Football is much less care about it. Once you get passed that, then you have 5 professional organizations to compete with. Most people here don’t know who TVD is much less give a **** what he drives or what he eats.

These college towns are the complete opposite. Everyone’s life revolves around the team. Overwhelming majority not only know who player is but would do anything for access to them. Most of the businesses are local small businesses that would benefit from giving a player an NIL deal. Obviously I’m just speaking as it relates to NIL and college players.
And compared to fsu and uf the alumni base is small because its a private school, i have said it before the community we recruit from does not have an organic connection to the school. Nobody here knows anyone that attended the school, they couldn’t tell u how to get to the campus. For example lsu campus is in Baton Rouge, they have no in state competition. Also other schools its probably a **** tradition to go to school there whole family’s have graduated from that same school.

Its a tradition and a culture to attend the games in other places. I remember Zo saying its like a pro team, fans will come when we win and they feel it’s worth it.

I have always thought we land Stone. Told his boy to commit to OU to lock in his spot so that OU wouldn’t dump him after Stone went elsewhere 😂

Advertisement
I have always thought we land Stone. Told his boy to commit to OU to lock in his spot so that OU wouldn’t dump him after Stone went elsewhere 😂
If Stone comes here, chances are Jackson follows tbh.

Advertisement
like Franklin this kid will be at OU close to home. He’s a beast, but a sensitive kid for his family. Also like Franklin, he loves Miami. Blame the staff let the sky fall. He will be at OU in my opinion. If we win we can all be shocked and happy. The board has to be expanded. Mario has done a great job of finding 4 star kids when the 5 star kids don’t come. Find some big juco kids who can impact things and work like crazy to get the big kids from central next year. Can’t lose Blount if we miss this year

like Franklin this kid will be at OU close to home. He’s a beast, but a sensitive kid for his family. Also like Franklin, he loves Miami. Blame the staff let the sky fall. He will be at OU in my opinion. If we win we can all be shocked and happy. The board has to be expanded. Mario has done a great job of finding 4 star kids when the 5 star kids don’t come. Find some big juco kids who can impact things and work like crazy to get the big kids from central next year. Can’t lose Blount if we miss this year
I thought his family wanted Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back