2024 DL David Stone [commits to Okla] ENUFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve told you guys that after all these years of this (65 to be exact) I’ve learned that if you don’t expect anything good cause it seems like we can’t have anything good it will be easier on you and your heart in my case….

Then when it happens we do get something nice to happen you can experience all the joy…

Advertisement
I thought all along Patterson mom wanted him here that's why I didn't think anything of it

Yes, and let's not forget the F$U fans were inventing a bunch of crap WHEN THEY WERE PATTERSON'S FOURTH CHOICE.

At least Miami fans are confused about how the hats got shuffled at the last minute and the entire family was surprised by the choice.

Stone can go wherever he wants, that's fine with me. But it definitely looks like a last-minute change of heart.

Patterson told people DAYS EARLIER that the final two were Miami and Michigan, but you STILL had an F$U writer claiming that he was going to pick F$U.

Now I got to go back n live with these hillbilly meth lab @ss mofos. Bro u all don't understand I took this personal. In put 4 figures down. Oh well u lose some n win some. I hope these mofos have a losing season. So I can get some of my money back. At the same time I would let DS go. Sounds like we offered the most. Just got played. These are kids folks. @ cribb. U gave it your all young man. Your still invited to the bar b que

Advertisement
Am I trolling though? If we just missed on Stone today but were otherwise doing fine, well that would be one thing.

Think about all of the DT's and DE's that visited over the summer. We missed on Scott. Missed on Rushing. Then we missed on Stewart. Then we missed on Simmons. But wait... because after that we missed on Kam Franklin. Now we've missed on Stone. So am I actually trolling or does it kind of make sense for fans to be ****ed about how consistently bad our recruiting has been this cycle?

I guess I can give them credit for Rudolph and Lightfoot, they are good players if not elite, and Jones is a good solid addition if he sticks. I'm not saying anything everyone else hasn't been saying for months - UM put it out there that this was going to be an elite DT/DE class and it's turned out to be an Al Golden / Manny Diaz level class at that position. Those guys didn't recruit the defensive line badly, but I could be forgiven for thinking our elite $8 milllion/yr coach would be able to out recruit those guys.

Because being outside the top 5 this year means you have no shot at a natty in the next 3 years. Being outside the top 10 means the playoffs are very doubtful within the next three years. And being behind both FSU and UF is just downright unacceptably bad. And oh yeah, this all coming at a time when conference realignment is a thing and Miami's entire future is at stake.

We can't have these misses.
The names you listed are all like top 50/5 star players players. When you go big game hunting you're going to come home empty more often.

I think it’s funny many of you stupid f*****ES expect UM, who hasn’t won **** in 20 years, to go out and sign every out of state, elite DT like it’s as easy as doing it on Xbox. The fact Mario even has us in the conversation for players like this is mind blowing, and if we can actually win some F’ing games we’ll start closing on them.

He might not get anything for Christmas, and may not get invited to Thanksgiving Dinner.

I'd have told my son he needed to find another place to stay. Starting tonight.
I mean.... With the bags he got, I'm sure he can afford his own place lol

Advertisement

I think it’s funny many of you stupid f*****ES expect UM, who hasn’t won **** in 20 years, to go out and sign every out of state, elite DT like it’s as easy as doing it on Xbox. The fact Mario even has us in the conversation for players like this is mind blowing, and if we can actually win some F’ing games we’ll start closing on them.

We won the silver medal!!

DT recruiting is in a very bad position. We spent time and resources on the “whales” only to whiff on every defensive tackle “whale” at this point. Have we gained equity with our plan B options? Is it going to be like with Golden where we aim high, miss, and have no equity with the lower rated guys, leaving only scraps?

For the slurpers: this is only a comment about DT recruiting and is not a statement about recruiting as a whole.
Heard you had something to say bro
IMG_7405.jpeg

Advertisement
You might not have been but his family and Miami are shocked .

-sisters have miami poster
-brother immediately after commitment says I thought you were picking the U
- person filming for his IG said thought it was gunna be UM, then called him a liar jokingly.
- At end of video he says he didn't pick OU until that moment.

So yeah... I think his own family was surprised.

In the long run I believe they will win their fair share. It may not be with Big Joe…But I believe studs are going to start being accumulated.

I'm not knocking you for having faith, I think it's a good thing. I don't personally share it though.

In fact, I fully understand why people might see some of what I write as trolling, I'm not even mad at the accusation. I'm not trolling, of course. I'm a fan and an alumn.

But I'm also extremely cynical about Miami when it comes to managing the football program, and I frankly don't believe any of the sunshine pumping until they prove me wrong. In my mind, we're not in any different place than we were when manny was coaching us 2 years ago unless and until they prove differently by either winning 10+ or signing top 5 classes.

Until then, they're not a serious group in my eyes.

Advertisement
Just gotta hope the team kicks *** this year and flips some guys. Getting good DTs in the portal is probably harder than out of high school. Mario is failing at recruiting some key positions so far but if he starts to win and shows a fun offense this year I think it will work out. So far he's done an okay job at best considering the resources he's been given, I think he can tmreally turn the corner but.this year in the field is so, so key.

PS-Venables can eat a bag of ****s, hate that clown. Hopefully Oklahoma sucks *** again and Mario flips all the kids he wants.

He absolutely did not tell me why we missed on these kids... he said there's only a few of them and everyone else wants them. That's pretty much the definition of competition. The expectation I have for this staff is to win those competitions.

I mean, it's like saying it's OK we lost 7 games last year because the other team wanted to win too. WTF twilight zone am I stepping in to where this string of defeats is just OK all of the sudden?

Yes I know it's a battle to get these kids to sign. Win the ******* battles.
Where were you when we landed Patterson earlier? I see you in here when we whiff along with a few others for the bad news. I don’t see some of you in here celebrating for the good news.

The names you listed are all like top 50/5 star players players. When you go big game hunting you're going to come home empty more often.

You guys keep telling me different versions of "it's not easy to land these kids," and I get that. But it's also Mario's ******* job (and a lot of other people's ******* jobs) and he's getting paid $80 million to get it done.

These are the kinds of kids you need to sign if you want to compete for championships.

Think about this conversation in the 4th quarter on October 21st this year, when we play Clemson. Remember this discussion.

Just gotta hope the team kicks *** this year and flips some guys. Getting good DTs in the portal is probably harder than out of high school. Mario is failing at recruiting some key positions so far but if he starts to win and shows a fun offense this year I think it will work out. So far he's done an okay job at best considering the resources he's been given, I think he can tmreally turn the corner but.this year in the field is so, so key.
As evidenced by our off-season where we ended up with the elite Thomas Gore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back