DL Claude Pelon

*Visit date Dec. 14 & will announce next month
-says "Coach (Jethro) Franklin is recruiting me," "He told me I'm really important to the class, that I'm a big-time player, that my role there would be a very big role. He wants me to come in and help out the team, do my part."
- says "I have family there, and that helps Miami a lot. My mom, she'd get to come watch me play." (hes the dude frome Homestead)
(wants to be an EE, trying to get classes in order,took visits to USC and Washington, and this weekend he'll visit UCF,Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan State also remain in his picture)
- says "As of right now I'm taking it slow, have no one moving up to the top right now,"
- says "After my five visits I'll sit down and think about it, figure out what's the best place for me,"
watched UM's loss to Duke and that, despite Miami's struggles, that it made him want to be a Cane more -LULZ
- says "It shows where the weaknesses are at - actually listening to the TV they were saying how bad the defense was, and I can boost that, it showed how I can help them right away," "Getting immediate playing time, that's a big deal because I'm a two for two, only have two years left" "That game helped Miami in a lot of ways with me."
- says "They say I can come in, play right away, that I can do a lot more than the kids they have now."
-being recruited to play end and tackle

Im very indiffrent if i like the fact that kids like us more because our defense is horrible

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1576749

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty easy to see, even for HS kids! Our defensive line in horrible, fix that and we will finally move to the next level. This new class should do the trick.
-says "Coach (Jethro) Franklin is recruiting me," "He told me I'm really important to the class, that I'm a big-time player, that my role there would be a very big role. He wants me to come in and help out the team, do my part."
- says "I have family there, and that helps Miami a lot. My mom, she'd get to come watch me play." (hes the dude frome Homestead)
(wants to be an EE, trying to get classes in order,took visits to USC and Washington, and this weekend he'll visit UCF,Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan State also remain in his picture)
- says "As of right now I'm taking it slow, have no one moving up to the top right now,"
- says "After my five visits I'll sit down and think about it, figure out what's the best place for me,"
watched UM's loss to Duke and that, despite Miami's struggles, that it made him want to be a Cane more -LULZ
- says "It shows where the weaknesses are at - actually listening to the TV they were saying how bad the defense was, and I can boost that, it showed how I can help them right away," "Getting immediate playing time, that's a big deal because I'm a two for two, only have two years left" "That game helped Miami in a lot of ways with me."
- says "They say I can come in, play right away, that I can do a lot more than the kids they have now."

Im very indiffrent if i like the fact that kids like us more because our defense is horrible

Advertisement
Pelon - Boateng - Johnson is a pretty ideal finish to this class on the DL and not out of the realm of possibility.

If you add that group to Wyche (hopefully), Chick, Kamalu, Jelani and Moore, that would be an improved line for next year, as well as one that allows the pups like Valentine, Thomas and Moten to develop at their own rate.

Or so I would hope.

I gotta ask - are Pelon, Johnson and Boateng any good or are they fillers/bodies just to supplant Renfrow and Robinson leaving? More JAGS or do these guys have potential?

I gotta ask - are Pelon, Johnson and Boateng any good or are they fillers/bodies just to supplant Renfrow and Robinson leaving? More JAGS or do these guys have potential?

Johnson and Boeteng are highly rated kids...

They will come in with much loftier expectations than Renfrow to say the least.

Regardless of what you feel of Al and Co. Remember what Renfrow was at UVA, he was a backup heading into his 5th year. He didn't do much during his time their (2009-12) and had his best season at Miami.

As for the JUCOs, I think we need them regardless because we're relying on Earl Moore, Corey King, Olsen Pierre (I like his abilities), Kamalu (if he moves inside) and Hamilton (knee issues). We need these kids because we need help.

Let me add one more things, we need these JUCOs because freshman (Valentine, Moten and Jenkins) shouldn't be relied on for heavy burn in 2014. We need more developed kids to help out.

I do believe that Johnson and Wyche (already committed) are good prospects. As for Pelon, he looks good too. I would be glad if we got either of them.

If we can get 1 more (Johnson, Pelon or Boateng), that is pretty good. If you can get 2, things are looking **** good.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Boateng is the highest defensive JUCO. Almost a 5 star.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1576749

All the heat this staff takes even recently (no excuses to duke L) but that right there tell u the staff knows we have JAGS here but they arent going to openly bAsh a kid. Good to see that thats insight right there.

All three are game changers from day 1. Lets put it this way if all 3 played at UM this year instead of lets David Perry, Corey King, and one occupying a sanction held space, UM would still be in the top 10 because the lose to FSU might not have occurred or at worst would be a less then 7 points. An oh yeah no one else would have scored more than 14 on defense, period!.

Cory Johnson 2013 Season Highlights (w-Championship Game)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1700780/highlights/73654388

Edmond Boateng
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/874460/

If you're a JUCO at any position you want to come in and play right away so you can look good for scouts so this defense helps us

Advertisement

Pelon has one of the quickest first steps you will see from a DT, Johnson has a variety of defensive linemen moves and techniques that naturally come to him. As far as boateng goes, minus his ranking on 247sports, I'm not to high on him from watching his film.

Advertisement

Pelon has one of the quickest first steps you will see from a DT, Johnson has a variety of defensive linemen moves and techniques that naturally come to him. As far as boateng goes, minus his ranking on 247sports, I'm not to high on him from watching his film.

Boateng is a big DE to set the edge, at a minimum. Regardless of our scheme next season, we have to have those guys, because we are getting gashed in the alleys by the Dukes of the world.

Thank you. Juco's are Juco's. Guys, There just aren't a lot of Cortez K., Shockeys out there. I'm much more excited about Moten, Valentine. With the limited number of ships we have left would hate to not have an available ship for a 4star DT late commit because of any of the above.

Thank you. Juco's are Juco's. Guys, There just aren't a lot of Cortez K., Shockeys out there. I'm much more excited about Moten, Valentine. With the limited number of ships we have left would hate to not have an available ship for a 4star DT late commit because of any of the above.

Which four star DTs would you be referring to, at this point going the juco route is our best chance to add quality depth to the DT position. Also, the the guys mentioned are also four stars according to which website you view. These guys are actually players I feel like are more ready than the freshmen coming in minus valentine and not because of experience but because of talent.

Oh you know, ALL THOSE 4 star DT's lining up to come to Miami right now.

Advertisement
Back