Djack position in 2018

brock

All-American
I wouldnt Be surprised if he played the dt postion a lot this year. For 1 he was good in that situation in 2017 and 2 having garvin and joe jack on the edge would be too enticing not to do it as many times as you can

So with that being said imagine the pressure they will creat

De Joe Jackson
Dt Gerald Willis
Dt Demetrius jackson
De Jon garvin
Can’t wait man

Advertisement
Maybe for ACC play. But for teams in the SEC and teams like Wisky, we might need J.Ford (or J.Miller) to set the middle. But having a plus run stuffer like DJacks on the edge is a Yuge plus.

Certainly works as a situational pass rush line. However, if they're going to continue to sub like that in obvious pass situations, I'd prefer they dial back the blitzing. What's the point of putting 4 pass rushers on the line if you're bringing the house anyway?

Advertisement
Certainly works as a situational pass rush line. However, if they're going to continue to sub like that in obvious pass situations, I'd prefer they dial back the blitzing. What's the point of putting 4 pass rushers on the line if you're bringing the house anyway?
We need to generate a better pass rush without blitzing so much.(yeah I know We ended up #1 in sacks) but this will help us in defending the pass better by dropping our linebackers which allows them to be
in coverage

wolves gotta eat

We need to generate a better pass rush without blitzing so much.(yeah I know We ended up #1 in sacks) but this will help us in defending the pass better by dropping our linebackers which allows them to be
in coverage
That's exactly my point. If we're going with four pass rushers on third and long, then let's drop the linebackers into coverage and close up some passing lanes. A lot of quarterbacks like seeing the blitz alot because it makes their job easier. See the blitz, find your hot read, hit the man. No going through progressions or having to fit passes into small windows.

That's exactly my point. If we're going with four pass rushers on third and long, then let's drop the linebackers into coverage and close up some passing lanes. A lot of quarterbacks like seeing the blitz alot because it makes their job easier. See the blitz, find your hot read, hit the man. No going through progressions or having to fit passes into small windows.
Hope it get through to Diaz head lol

Advertisement
Is DJax ever going to stop growing? Is he going to become Keith Traylor 2.0 once he makes the league???

One thing for him to gain weight I'm good with that. His weight doesn't look like good weight though.

Brock, only way Djack is playing DT is if we are going pass rush heavy sets. come on now. We aren't about to rock with ******* Willis and DJack as our starting DTs, thats literally retarded.

In passing situations yes. But thats obvious because we did it last year. I'm really not seeing the point of this thread

He will play Dt in pass rush situations. There are 3 Dts coming in the fall so there will be plenty of depth there.

Advertisement
I think the man was implying have DJack in during passing downs. Ford and Willis will not last forever with pressure during games. Need some quick guys for slants and and stunts with the quicker DEs. I can see Patchen coming in for a DT breather during 3rd and 15 situations also.

If he keeps adding weight at this rate, he’s most definitely going to play a lot of DT. He’s not built like a Miami DE any longer.
How much of the added weight do you think can be attributed to being limited during the time he was rehabbing his injury. Wouldn’t that weight come off fairly easily once he got back to being a full go?

Advertisement
I wouldnt Be surprised if he played the dt postion a lot this year. For 1 he was good in that situation in 2017 and 2 having garvin and joe jack on the edge would be too enticing not to do it as many times as you can

So with that being said imagine the pressure they will creat

De Joe Jackson
Dt Gerald Willis
Dt Demetrius jackson
De Jon garvin
Can’t wait man

That group would be a mess against the run. Solid group that should mostly be used in obvious passing situations.

Been saying this but I think he could be the starter at DT next to Willis. He has to be pushing 280.

DE Jackson / Patchan
DT Djax / Bethel
DT Willis / Ford
DE Garvin / Rousseau

Only in passing downs will I say move him inside but that's not automatically a given every 3rd down bc Bethel and Nesta gon get some of those reps too.

We still need him at DE. Perfect compliment to Garvin as a 2nd string DE. Would start at most schools except Garvin and Joe Jack are freaks at the position.

Advertisement
Back