DJ Williams setting the example and still getting that work in (spoiler: @ Greentree)

Advertisement
any not Jim Kelly? passing on the coveted Penn State at the height of its fame to come to the U that was never anywhere near anything?
People think Kelly was a Howard recruit....he wasn't, he was a Saban recruit...he was a Red Shirt Freshman riding the bench the entire yr in 78. It was the 78 Freshman class (Sabans class) that started everything. In 78 the starting QB was McMillan...In 79 it was Rodrique before getting hurt...In 1980 Rodrique started the yr, but got hurt, Then Kelly stepped in, with Richt in a much lesser role.

Here's Sabans 1978 Freshman Class the REAL class that started everything....
1642947668242blob.png

People think Kelly was a Howard recruit....he wasn't, he was a Saban recruit...he was a Red Shirt Freshman riding the bench the entire yr in 78. It was the 78 Freshman class (Sabans class) that started everything. In 78 the starting QB was McMillan...In 79 it was Rodrique before getting hurt...In 1980 Rodrique started the yr, but got hurt, Then Kelly stepped in, with Richt in a much lesser role.
agreed, and it was more or less the time that you could buy a whopper/coke/fries (pre-Happy Meal) and two tickets to the Canes for $1.99. i grew up relatively poor, but that was the only way that i got to see any games at the orange bowl when i was a kid.

Advertisement
agreed, and it was more or less the time that you could buy a whopper/coke/fries (pre-Happy Meal) and two tickets to the Canes for $1.99. i grew up relatively poor, but that was the only way that i got to see any games at the orange bowl when i was a kid.
I was in Culinary School from 79-81...but still caught some Epic games coming home for visits...

Advertisement
Lester was nowhere near the #1 Player in America....DJ and Armstead were....that's what the convo was about....
Yes, but he has a critical piece to keep the best local talent home who were leaving Dade and Broward. Lou never gets enough credit. Howard then put a fence around South Florida.

Yes, I know you know this but many of the youngsters don't.

Advertisement
Back