Dj Williams - Cane Legacy

Gibyaj

Redshirt Freshman
Dj Williams is a 5’10 210 pound tailback who is also the nephew of Edgerrin James. He missed most of last season but tore up the camp scene enough to receive offers and is now committed to App State. Was clocked at a 4.47 on the camp circuit.

Last night he rushed for 306 yards on 14 carries and 5 touchdowns versus a Martin County team that features George Johnson, Michigan commit. Might want to keep an eye out for him this year.

Advertisement
When there is so much depth that Lingard is currently 5th on the depth chart, and with the additional RB talent that we should get in '19 and '20, there is simply no room, unless he is the second coming of Edge himself.

Wow.. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how the rest of his senior season ends up looking. Nice speed, good vision and a tough runner.. app state looks like they got a steal!

Advertisement
He’s class of ‘19. App state is his only D1 offer. No one knows a about this kid but **** he’s good.

When there is so much depth that Lingard is currently 5th on the depth chart, and with the additional RB talent that we should get in '19 and '20, there is simply no room, unless he is the second coming of Edge himself.
Looked pretty **** good on that film. Reminded me more of sammie smith than edge style wise (and williams runs with a better lean). If he’s close to 210 and 4.47 as a rising HS senior, he’s worth paying close attention to.

There are always kids who go under the radar for various reasons and then explode as seniors. His bloodlines are good, and his junior year may explain the under the radar. Just a question of what his ceiling is.

Just off that film, im not sure he isnt every bit the rb prospect that mcintosh is. Not at all sure mcintosh isnt better suited to defense down road.

We simply can not ignore this kid. Granted the competition is questionable, but you can see his speed and strength.

Advertisement
Been trying to tell everyone/anyone who will listen. His greatest attribute is his heart, not even his size and speeed and vision and excellaration. Google prototypical running back and he is it.
Injured last year. Plays with anger. Team leader. Humble as can be.
Been to most all Miami games since he was 10.
Did I say heart of a lion.

Next week Lehigh and fswho d-end

Last edited:
Wish we could get him as a preferred walk-on. I wonder if the staff will have any more slots for running backs in this class. Did he come to any camps at UM?

Been trying to tell everyone/anyone who will listen. His greatest attribute is his heart, not even his size and speeed and vision and excellaration. Google prototypical running back and he is it.
Injured last year. Plays with anger. Team leader. Humble as can be.
Been to most all Miami games since he was 10.
Did I say heart of a lion.

Next week Lehigh and fswho d-end
Just text the Head Coach of Martin County , very close friend excellent coach ...he coached Bostic , Mcdermott brothers etc at PBC......Blackmon at Glades Central......said the kid is way better than App st..........

Advertisement
Wait! this kid plays QB?

He's going to go to App St. and be an absolute stud for them. If Marc really proves not to be the guy then we should really take a hard look at Scott Satterfield...Guys brought them from FCS, won 7 the first year, and hasn't won less than 10 since. The fact that no one knows about this kid but App St. is criminal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's impressive tape. He runs through tackles and hits the holes hard. It looks like he'd be a great KO return guy from day one.

Advertisement
Back