DJ Scaife - 40 career starts and gets no respect

rok

Great Poster

Is this a record for a player entering a season at Miami? The man is guaranteed to start at RT in 2022.

Projected starting OL against Bethune imo:

LT Nelson - 32 career starts

LG Oluwaseun - 24 career starts

C Clark - 31 career starts

RG Campbell - 6 career starts

RT Scaife - 40 career starts

Bench: Rivers, Sagapolu, Denis, Traore, Reed, Washington

Scout team: McLaughlin, Seymore, Rodriguez, Cooper, McCoy

FQfUkHgXIAoZiUr

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
They were billed as one of the most experienced O-Lines based on starts last season, clearly not in quality.

But my goodness, we've sure waited long enough for them to mature and be what we hoped. But THEY are going to have to show its changed as a unit- I'm holding to what Coach Mirabal said; that they won't be a weakness this coming season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Starts ≠ quality

During the previous regime, a lot of guys started off Seniority a lone. A lot of younger guys, who were better, only got looks due to an injury or a suspension. No one’s job should be safe, including Scaife’s who’s been a massive disappointment. Maybe w better coaching & S/C the light bulb will come on, but as of now, no one’s job should be automatic based upon starts/seniority.

Advertisement
Starts ≠ quality

During the previous regime, a lot of guys started off Seniority a lone. A lot of younger guys, who were better, only got looks due to an injury or a suspension. No one’s job should be safe, including Scaife’s who’s been a massive disappointment. Maybe w better coaching & S/C the light bulb will come on, but as of now, no one’s job should be automatic based upon starts/seniority.
I agree but I think scaife has been solid, i dont think he was starting because of seniority i think its more he’s just the better option from our depth

I agree but I think scaife has been solid, i dont think he was starting because of seniority i think its more he’s just the better option from our depth

I think when the line got shuffled & he moved to guard, he graded much better than when he was placed at tackle. His position is guard. I’m just saying nothing should be penciled in after these last 4 yrs. If he’s earned the right to start based upon camp/practice, let’s roll.

Last edited:

Is this a record for a player entering a season at Miami? The man is guaranteed to start at RT in 2022.

Projected starting OL against Bethune imo:

LT Nelson - 32 career starts

LG Oluwaseun - 24 career starts

C Clark - 31 career starts

RG Campbell - 6 career starts

RT Scaife - 40 career starts

Bench: Rivers, Sagapolu, Denis, Traore, Reed, Washington

Scout team: McLaughlin, Seymore, Rodriguez, Cooper, McCoy

FQfUkHgXIAoZiUr

I would also add that we are seeing a very nice grassy field there...

2nd team All-ACC in 2021. He isn't perfect but has been forced to play out of position since 2019.
The problem is he doesn’t really have a position. He’s built like a guard but gets bullied inside. Plays better outside but lacks true length and tackle feet. Solid college player but he’s truly a tweener on the oline. He’s played well at times and not well at times. He’s just been better than other failed recruitments and/or developments on previous rosters, hence the starts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back