2025 DJ Pickett 5* Safety from Zephyrhills

I agree with everything you said. Only thing I’ll add is we signed Tracy Howard in 2012. Doesn’t really mean much ultimately because what it’s about is stacking chips. Not signing one 5 star here and there.

Need to close this kid in a bad way.
Tracy was an elite signing, but he was in the 20s, James Williams was ranked 15th. Brandon Harris was also a 5 star… but Pickett is different. This is a Pat Peterson, Surtain Jr type prospect.

Advertisement
Oh sure he couldn't beat Washington when he went into the shoe and beat OSU. It's unknown what would have happened.
But can’t beat MTSU here amount other dumb losses. Him beating Washington while at Oregon 3 years ago put no wins on our record.

Tracy was an elite signing, but he was in the 20s, James Williams was ranked 15th. Brandon Harris was also a 5 star… but Pickett is different. This is a Pat Peterson, Surtain Jr type prospect.
Ahh you’re talking National overall. I was looking at his CB ranking. Tracy was the #1 CB in the nation that year. Pickett definitely moves different. Kid is the goods for sure.

Advertisement
While I’ll agree that this kid is a phenomenal prospect he’s not anywhere near Pat Peterson. Peterson might be the best CB prospect I’ve ever seen coming out of high school. But this kid is very very good…

Yea this a different type of recruit

While I’ll agree that this kid is a phenomenal prospect he’s not anywhere near Pat Peterson. Peterson might be the best CB prospect I’ve ever seen coming out of high school. But this kid is very very good…
Agreed Peterson the best to me too. That’s the the group Pickett is in though. As a prospect he’s a Travis Hunter/Ellis Robinson/Surtain Jr level talent. Elite length (pause), ball skills, range.

Advertisement
Agreed Peterson the best to me too. That’s the the group Pickett is in though. As a prospect he’s a Travis Hunter/Ellis Robinson/Surtain Jr level talent. Elite length (pause), ball skills, range.
Is he a 4.4 guy if not this conversion should end.

There’s not even enough defensive tape out there to determine how good he can be at safety imo. Maybe people around him all the time at practice and camps but from what’s on the internet, who knows honestly.

Advertisement
But can’t beat MTSU here amount other dumb losses. Him beating Washington while at Oregon 3 years ago put no wins on our record.
And him losing to mtsu in year 1 makes no difference to any year moving forward. Past that your elite observation skills appear to be irrelevant here. Your GameDay comments can't work both ways. Did he not have those same game day issues when he won two pac 12 championships and the rose bowl?

Is he a 4.4 guy if not this conversion should end.
He's got legit sub 11 speed.

In terms of talent he's definitely one of the best DB's in the country. As a CB he'd be really raw in terms of experience & reps at the position given he's mostly played Safety & WR in HS.

But it will boil down to if he's done growing or not, as of right now I think he's likely best at Safety, but if he stays at 6'2 then he can be moved to CB & depending on who we get as the next CB's Coach you can try to teach him the techniques & nuances of the position.

Advertisement
Forgive my ignorance, but how many 6' 4" corners have roamed the league?
Long term he's definitely far more likely a safety prospect just do to his length. But he does have the fluidity in his body,the footwork & the speed to play corner. Just long term is just a question of how much versatility he wants on film and if he'd like to stay that transition sooner rather than later. I don't think either position would be an issue for him in college.

I heard they don’t even throw in his direction so he doesn’t get highlights

Pretty much just one, Tariq Woolen.

And there's been a ton of discussion in Seattle about moving him to Safety.
Woolen yeah as far as LEGIT 6'4", though Brandon Browner and Sean Smith were both 6'3" and change.
Nnamdi and Sherman both were elite 6'2.5" CBs. And you got guys like Ahkello Witherspoon, Kevin King...
Guys like Sauce and Joey Porter JR are on the higher end of 6'2" as well. ... noticing a pacific northwest team trend there lol.

Out of those guys their athleticism rank would be: Woolen > Kevin King > Witherspoon > Joey Porter Jr > Nnamdi > Sherman > Sean Smith > Browner
Idk where Pickett would fall in there in terms of athleticism, but one thing I do know is I don't trust 6'4" as being his actual height...

But that's also NFL. Theres probably many more 6'3" CFB CBs than NFL CBs.

Advertisement
Back