2024 DJ Lagway - QB

If he isn’t QB1 by the Texas game I think he’s gone…. Given that his coach will also be gone.

Depends on the terms of his NIL deal. If they learned their lesson from Rashada they should have locked him into a multi year deal that isn’t depend on Sunbelt Billy being there.

Advertisement
IMG_0265.jpeg

Good film, but I don't see a crazy high ceiling for the kid.

The talent difference between the SEC and texas hs football is going to humble all the projections for this kid.

Solid base talent, but like any young QB, he still needs a lot of work on timing and placement. And I'd only place him at above average for escape ability.

Advertisement
Think Lagway might buy Billy a 4th year. I know **** well that’s how Billy will be spinning it by October.

If UF loses some games early Lagway will get the keys and you’ll watch a masterclass performance from Billy at the presser.

Reporter: “27 point loss to Kirby, you’re now 0-3 in your most important game, how you feeling?”

Billy: “this is a very young team, you see the progress, it’s not showing up on the scoreboard but that kid DJ, he’s a leader he’s a winner”

Reporter: “DJ looks very promising, but your defense just let up 670 yards and 45 points, care to comment?”

Billy: “Did you see that seam route by DJ in the 2Q? our future is special”

The talent difference between the SEC and texas hs football is going to humble all the projections for this kid.

Solid base talent, but like any young QB, he still needs a lot of work on timing and placement. And I'd only place him at above average for escape ability.
DJ is the goods, obviously he needs mechanical work, but in terms of his base (size, strength, speed) he’s up there with AR, Cam & Vince. Id even venture to say he’s more advanced with footwork and throwing motion than either of the three above were at same age.

The problem is, it doesn’t matter if he’s the best thing since sliced bread, if you call a **** scheme and have a swiss cheese OL & a defense that looks like it plays with 10, it won’t matter how good your QB performs.

Advertisement
Think Lagway might buy Billy a 4th year. I know **** well that’s how Billy will be spinning it by October.

If UF loses some games early Lagway will get the keys and you’ll watch a masterclass performance from Billy at the presser.

Reporter: “27 point loss to Kirby, you’re now 0-3 in your most important game, how you feeling?”

Billy: “this is a very young team, you see the progress, it’s not showing up on the scoreboard but that kid DJ, he’s a leader he’s a winner”

Reporter: “DJ looks very promising, but your defense just let up 670 yards and 45 points, care to comment?”

Billy: “Did you see that seam route by DJ in the 2Q? our future is special”

I think he needs an absolute minimum of 6 wins (probably more like 7) and a top 10 recruiting class come 12/1 to sell that poison (even to gullible turds). I doubt he gets either.

thing is even if hes legit what game can they just toss him in there and get destroyed? He cant do it by himself unless hes special. The next HC will have to break him in (pause)

I think he needs an absolute minimum of 6 wins (probably more like 7) and a top 10 recruiting class come 12/1 to sell that poison (even to gullible turds). I doubt he gets either.
We said the same thing about Golden going into 2014. Coming off 9-4 year, team was loaded with returning talent (ranked preseason) & we were saying 8/9 wins & great HS class minimum to see 2015. Well team went 6-7 (with 30+ NFL players) & finished 27th on trail.

We watched a masterclass effort by Golden hyping up Brad Kaaya as the best thing since sliced bread, our fanbase & BOT bought it too.

Advertisement
We said the same thing about Golden going into 2014. Coming off 9-4 year, team was loaded with returning talent (ranked preseason) & we were saying 8/9 wins & great HS class minimum to see 2015. Well team went 6-7 (with 30+ NFL players) & finished 27th on trail.

We watched a masterclass effort by Golden hyping up Brad Kaaya as the best thing since sliced bread, our fanbase & BOT bought it too.

Ok

The energy that first game in the swamp is gonna be **** for us.
1) they aren't as bad as many here want to believe.
2) first game of the year
3) huge winnable rivalry game

You don’t agree? Sometimes multiple factors blur judgement.

- how much would it cost to replace him and hire next coach?
- would we be able to hire the next coach we want while paying the previous two?
- Freshman phenom QB, will he leave if Billy does?

Also have to factor in the AD situation (same with Blake James and Manny). Stricklin hired Billy and if Napier doesn’t work then Stricklin is gone too, he won’t fire him so they’ll need to fire both. If AD gets another year then Napier will.

Advertisement

- would we be able to hire the next coach we want while paying the previous two?

Also have to factor in the AD situation (same with Blake James and Manny). Stricklin hired Billy and if Napier doesn’t work then Stricklin is gone too, he won’t fire him so they’ll need to fire both. If AD gets another year then Napier will.

I replied but this site refreshed (on Brave) and I lost everything.

I don’t want to redo the whole thing, so I’ll say you’re not wrong about Golden hyping Bard Kaayak as the savior and subsequently having the bottom fall out of a good team.

If Ward gets hurt, this is a 7-5 team at best.

@TheOriginalCane broke down the costs in gator tears not long ago. It’s still astronomical.

The energy that first game in the swamp is gonna be **** for us.
1) they aren't as bad as many here want to believe.
2) first game of the year
3) huge winnable rivalry game
They’re definitely bad.
Offensive scheme is ****, lost their 4 of their 6 best offensive players from a unit that ranked outside top 50.
Defense was bottom 20 in YPP allowed. Let up school record 701 yards to LSU & lost their only all conference defender (Prince) to Ole Miss.

- Return ZERO all conference players on offense or defense.

That being said they will play their best game of the year vs UM, regardless if they win 5 games next year, they’ll look like a 8/9 win team vs us week 1.

I replied but this site refreshed (on Brave) and I lost everything.

I don’t want to redo the whole thing, so I’ll say you’re not wrong about Golden hyping Bard Kaayak as the savior and subsequently having the bottom fall out of a good team.

If Ward gets hurt, this is a 7-5 team at best.
That makes sense - Golden gave Kaaya the nod and then rode that BS all year to get himself another year, it worked and he was let go mid season in 2015 - I could see the same fate for UF.

I also think the team (how it sits currently) is a 7 win talent team without Ward, agree there. But with this patty cake schedule could’ve won 8 without him, so it should be 10 with him. He’s good for two more wins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back