2024 DJ Lagway - QB

How many years does Thornton have left? if its just 1 year then I can see why he's going to go to Tennessee vs coming to Miami

Even though we could and should be better offensively next season, the system is still new and will have some growing pains where as Tenn has already gone through those

He'll be a junior at Tennessee when the season starts. I get there will be growing pains, but this is a kid who played for Cristobal so seems to me it shouldn't have been that hard to convince him that he'd still put up good numbers as a starting WR. I don't have a problem if the reason he's not on the roster is due to Cristobal passing on him for not being good enough. However, from what I could tell, UM went all out for him and he simply had no interest in playing in a Cristobal offense again.

Advertisement
He'll be a junior at Tennessee when the season starts. I get there will be growing pains, but this is a kid who played for Cristobal so seems to me it shouldn't have been that hard to convince him that he'd still put up good numbers as a starting WR. I don't have a problem if the reason he's not on the roster is due to Cristobal passing on him for not being good enough. However, from what I could tell, UM went all out for him and he simply had no interest in playing in a Cristobal offense again.

There is no such thing as a Cristobal offense. May as well say there’s a Cristobal defense.

hate bubble GIF

I mentioned earlier today in the Trader thread that now the air bubble burst (pun intended), we should be all hands on deck trying to flip Lagway. Should've been our priority from the start. And its not as if @1murhurricane didn't try

Anyways, Flo predicted tonight someone will flip him. He's not signing w/UF.

hate bubble GIF

I mentioned earlier today in the Trader thread that now the air bubble burst (pun intended), we should be all hands on deck trying to flip Lagway. Should've been our priority from the start. And its not as if @1murhurricane didn't try

Anyways, Flo predicted tonight someone will flip him. He's not signing w/UF.
Clemson & TAMU are applying the most pressure, a lot will have to do with who allows him to play Baseball in college.

LVille is also a sneaky team to lookout for in this recruitment if he decides to flip.

Clemson & TAMU are applying the most pressure, a lot will have to do with who allows him to play Baseball in college.
Interestingly enough, they were in the Air competition also and A&M was a finalist.

I have to believe UM Baseball would let him play if that was a deciding factor for him.

LVille is also a sneaky team to lookout for in this recruitment if he decides to flip.
Is there any indication that we're working this one too behind the scenes?

Advertisement
Interestingly enough, they were in the Air competition also and A&M was a finalist.

I have to believe UM Baseball would let him play if that was a deciding factor for him.

I have no idea

I know somebody who tried to get UM on him and they never reciprocated, that was last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doubt we get this chap but I would act like a i never heard of dude from that gone to Ohio if this happened. Dawson was in Texas so could help but Rod Wright never really helped much imo. So who knows

Advertisement
Isn't the concern with Lagway that he'll never set foot on the gridiron given his likelihood for getting drafted high in the baseball draft?

Advertisement
Back