2024 DJ Lagway - QB

Advertisement
Not exactly long time ago…we only had one class in recent years where we didn’t have a legit 4 star qb (last year even though Emory is looking good so far).
If you don’t count him then Garcia, if not him then TVD
All of this is true. I’m looking for a reason why a 5* WR would even consider Miami right now, let alone sign.

Advertisement
That’s why Mario gets paid the big bucks..
Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Not this bich *** whining in here again. If man dont wanna come play in a wide open offense. F uk em. Simple az. Dem kids have no more excuses. And guess what, unlike with Gattis, we will actually get out of state WRs to commit now if local.dudes dont. Im certain

Cristobal's former player, Dont'e Thornton, turning him down in favor of playing for Tennessee (despite the massive, massive need for WRs at UM) should have set off some alarm bells.

Maybe it did and that's why we are changing our offensive scheme...

Tennessee receivers did well last year and their system is in place with Heupel.

Also Id be interested to see what he does because the dude that transferred to FSU did worse.

Advertisement
But i would say he knows that and that’s why he hired Dawson to change the narrative about him and offense

If that is indeed the case, then shouldnt Cristobal have been able to convince a WR who played for him at Oregon that UM's offense would be different in 2023?

Did Cristobal not know in December whether or not he would be retaining Gattis, so he couldn't tell Thornton with any certainty there would be a new OC? From what some here have said, Cristobal knew Gattis was done so that can't be it. So if Cristobal had already determined he would be getting a new OC, did Thornton just think Cristobal was all talk and wasn't fundamentally going to change his offense?

Cristobal's former player, Dont'e Thornton, turning him down in favor of playing for Tennessee (despite the massive, massive need for WRs at UM) should have set off some alarm bells.
That was more about the OC than QB. Since TVD to end the 2021 season was one of the hottest QB's in the nation.

If that is indeed the case, then shouldnt Cristobal have been able to convince a WR who played for him at Oregon that UM's offense would be different in 2023?

Did Cristobal not know in December whether or not he would be retaining Gattis, so he couldn't tell Thornton with any certainty there would be a new OC? From what some here have said, Cristobal knew Gattis was done so that can't be it. So if Cristobal had already determined he would be getting a new OC, did Thornton just think Cristobal was all talk and wasn't fundamentally going to change his offense?
I think Cristobal has a reputation while Heupel has proven to have a WR friendly offense to me I think Thornton was like been there done that and the proof with Tennessee is there..

Advertisement
So two classes, if you count him as a legit 4.

Uh, why would you NOT count Jacurri as a legit 4*? He was never a 3*, on any site. Or even a low 4*. He was legit. He vacillated between very, very high 4* and midrange 4*.

He had offers from LSU, AUB, ARK, UGA, TENN, TAMU and UF, who tried as hard as they could to flip him down the stretch.

Also a GA AAAAAAA All-state multiple times, and a state champion.

How many years does Thornton have left? if its just 1 year then I can see why he's going to go to Tennessee vs coming to Miami

Even though we could and should be better offensively next season, the system is still new and will have some growing pains where as Tenn has already gone through those

All of this is true. I’m looking for a reason why a 5* WR would even consider Miami right now, let alone sign.
Last season was so horrid, they all have cold feet, even the WR that played for him at Oregon. It's not going to change until we show something different.

The task at this point, is to keep them from committing elsewhere until Dawson can show that things have changed. It would also help to get a highly ranked QB signed. I'd put my focus there.

Just my opinion.

Last season was so horrid, they all have cold feet, even the WR that played for him at Oregon. It's not going to change until we show something different.

The task at this point, is to keep them from committing elsewhere until Dawson can show that things have changed. It would also help to get a highly ranked QB signed. I'd put my focus there.

Just my opinion.
Need to add Bryant and Harrell in the portal. Harrell is no world beater, but at least his speed gives you flexibility. Just get those guys for this year. That's about all that can be asked at this point. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Back