DJ Ivey and a DT stunt

1 of 2 things happened. 1) he didnt care. 2) he got confused on what his assignment was... thought there was help on that route, thought he was supposed to stay home, etc.
Help on the route? It's a punt, Osborn is standing 30 yards away. It's poor football on Ivey's part, he still has to follow him up the field, in part to block and hinder the runner if they had punted it. This is basic stuff.

Advertisement
So it begs the question, what r our coaches watching on tape.

100%. This was not a 1 time thing for DJ. You don't just call a fake where the PUNTER throws a deep ball down the sideline unless you have seen it available on film over and over. Apparently DJ has been playing it that way throughout the year and our coaches suck enough not to have corrected it and left the team exposed for exactly that outcome. OUR COACHING HAS SUCKED FOR 18 F'ING YEARS IT F'ING MIND BOGGLING!!!!!!

My biggest concern with the Ivey play was the reaction of the coaches after it happened. Diaz was emotionless, Patke was confused and Rumph went about his business. That is a perfect moment to lay into the player about the lack of effort and let the rest of the team know that it is absolutely unacceptable. instead, it felt like business as usual. THAT ****ed me off more than Ivey's actions (or inaction).
I noted that about the players during the game. Everyone on the field walked away from the scene after that play like “whatever”. Not one player on the screen looked like they gave a dam

Last edited:
Help on the route? It's a punt, Osborn is standing 30 yards away. It's poor football on Ivey's part, he still has to follow him up the field, in part to block and hinder the runner if they had punted it. This is basic stuff.
I disagree with none if this. He was badly unaware of the situation.

Advertisement
It looked as if Ivey thought they were still in the base defense as he appeared to pass his man off to the safety like you would in zone coverage.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me because if he was playing punt protection, he would stay with his man (the gunner) all the way down the field.

I really think he simply thought they were still playing regular defense which does to show you how stupid he is and that Blades or a freshman needs to be playing over him.

**** I just Realized that their PUNTER just threw a pass down the field in stride for a td, neither of our qbs have done that yet wtf lol

My biggest concern with the Ivey play was the reaction of the coaches after it happened. Diaz was emotionless, Patke was confused and Rumph went about his business. That is a perfect moment to lay into the player about the lack of effort and let the rest of the team know that it is absolutely unacceptable. instead, it felt like business as usual. THAT ****ed me off more than Ivey's actions (or inaction).

They were likely dumbfounded by the absolute idiocy that Ivey displayed. Sometimes as a coach, you just can't even believe what a player of yours just did. Ivey was never taught that, he was taught to stay with his man and keep him in the sidelines.

The stunts are due to us being unable to generate a pass rush the majority of the time by beating them man on man. Everyone runs them, we just do it too much, IMHO.

Advertisement

LOL AT THE GUYS YOU NAMED...NONE OF THEM ARE TOUGH OR ARE GOING TO LAY INTO ANY1.

I kinda given up on expecting it to. Manny looks scared sh*tless half the time...Dude has never been the hc of ANYTHING..not even optomist ball.

DJ ivey literally caused us 14 pts...He shouldnt even be playing next week. But our cb coach sucks so bad at recruiting...he is likely a starter

It looked as if Ivey thought they were still in the base defense as he appeared to pass his man off to the safety like you would in zone coverage.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me because if he was playing punt protection, he would stay with his man (the gunner) all the way down the field.

I really think he simply thought they were still playing regular defense which does to show you how stupid he is and that Blades or a freshman needs to be playing over him.

No....it looked like he could of care less about the play. Thats all. He wasnt passing him off to no 1...that was something he likely always does in punt safe...which is be lazy and not do a **** thing..hence they called that up so easily.

BUT......we have 2 db coaches, 3 lb coaches, and NOOOOOOO special teams coaches. This team coaching staff is a clusterf*ck filled with guys that should be GA's or coaching lower level high schools. Yall could believe what you want..they pretty much all suck and are in over their heads.

LOL AT THE GUYS YOU NAMED...NONE OF THEM ARE TOUGH OR ARE GOING TO LAY INTO ANY1.

I kinda given up on expecting it to. Manny looks scared sh*tless half the time...Dude has never been the hc of ANYTHING..not even optomist ball.

DJ ivey literally caused us 14 pts...He shouldnt even be playing next week. But our cb coach sucks so bad at recruiting...he is likely a starter
Ivery should be shown the portal door. He's useless.

Put in a walk-on. Anybody can execute the play and run downfield to cover the gunner on the fake punt. Even an undersized, slow white guy from somewhere they hardly play football like Rhode Island or Connecticut. Do you think Jimmy Murphy would stand still like a statute in similar circumstances?

Advertisement
i feel the coaches are not worried this year because they are building for next year. That could be considered a rebuild. This year is one big giant learning curve for all. Canes have no depth. 2020 and 2021 will make or brake this regime.

Just before the fake punt : my Brother in law who never played football mentioned that if he was the GT coach he would run a fake, what the **** do they got to lose. When you have a kid who has been playing football since his optimist days, good grief it's just common football sense, on top of the fact the coaches already warn you W.T.F.
I know we keep saying the players aren't been developed, but listen to Rhomberg Pod cast with Mckinney.
They basically said they wasted their time talking to these o linemen, everything they taught them in one ear out the other. They mentioned that in those meetings some kid number 75, spent his whole time laughing and joking, they were ****ed at @ 75.
Then last Saturday, Scarfice doubles down on an interior rusher, he just left the outside blitzer run right by him and strip sack N'kosi in the end zone. While this is happening our O Tackle is just standing there with no one to hit, by the way DJ was opened for the screen and would still be running. By the way one of key points Rhomberg/ Mckinney told our o line, the key to good o line work is communication. So Perry gets lit up like a Christmas Tree while our o linemen are ******** off. If i was Perry and Williams I would be getting into these clowns, we got two Qb's with messed up shoulders cause this clowns think everything is a joke, and we aren't even half way through the season. You need to carry at least 5 Qb's with this group.

Advertisement
Back