DIY - Grade our coaching staff vs the ACC....Have fun!

bambam

Freshman
This is my first post and I am usually a read only member. But with the recent turn of events with the program and while the dust is yet settling, I thought I'd chime in on the coaching staff.

First, I'd like to say I still have a little faith have for AG but I am really concerned with M D'O. Granted, with the right players he may find success but from my stand point good coaching is manipulating your scheme/process to fit the players you have increasing their potential ala Louisville, Auburn, Duke, and a perfect example is UCF. The staff's mentioned coached their player up and let the players play! This breeds success.

See my grades on our staff vs the rest of the league and please chime in with opinion. I am not thin skinned so feel free to let it fly!

re the staffs better than, equal to, or not as good as UMs staff?

UM HC Al Golden DC Mark D' Onofrio OC James Coley My opinion - very average

Boston College HC Steve Addazio DC Don Brown OC Ryan Day Not as good - but fields a competitive team

Clemson HC Dabo Sweeney DC Brent Venebles OC Chad Morris Better than - the record shows - several years running

Duke HC David Cutcliffe DCJim Knowles OC Scottie Montgomery Better than - the record shows - up and coming

FSU HC Jimbo Fisher DC Jeremy Pruitt OC Jimbo Fisher Better than - current National Champions - nuff said!

Georgia Tech HC Paul Johnson DC Ted Roof OC Paul Johnson Not as good - but fields a competitive team

Maryland HC Randy Edsell DC Brian Stewart OC Mike Locksley Equal to - developes 2* and fields a competitive team

U of North Carolina HC Larry Fedora DC Dan Disch OC Darrel Wyatt??? Better than - last three years H2H favors UNC

Notre Dame HC Brian Kelly DC Bob Diaco ??? OC Chuck Martin Better than- one year removed from playing in title game

Pittsbugh HC Paul Chryst DC Matt House OC Joe Rudolph Not as good - but fields a competitive team

Syracuse HC Scott Shafer DC Chuck Bullough OC George McDonald Equal to - developes 2* and fields a competitive team

U of Virginia HC Mike London DC Jon Tenuta OC Steve Fairchild Equal to - and rising/sick defensive class coming in

Virginia Tech HC Frank Beamer DC Bud Foster OC Scott Loefler Better than - they the H2H when it counts

Wake Forest HC Dave Clawson??? DC Mike Elko OC Warren Ruggiero Not as good - but fields a competitive team

U of Louiville HC Bobby Petrino DC ????? OC ????? Better than - He's BOBBY PETRINO!

This will help me manage my own expectations for this team/coaching staff. There are 7 staffs better than ours, three relatively equal to ours, and four not as good but seem to field a competitive team against us. Is an ACC championship realistic?

Last edited:
Advertisement
194.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back