Dismiss Baxa immediately

You literally could feel the wind get sucked out of Hard Rock when he missed. The kid can kickoff moving forward but if you let him placekick another extra point or field goal you are not holding him accountable. In a drizzle, the snap and hold were perfect.
Yep. 100% with ya

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Baxa's punishment...

Advertisement
All 3 losses, he’s changed momentum of critical 4th quarters. Easy misses on PATs and field goals.

Coach Baker seat should be burning like a ****,ffs!

We’ve outgained every opponent. 2-3 makes no sense. We are great at losing in any way imaginable.
Baxa makes the extra point, Miami loses 42-36. comprende ?

Advertisement
I mean, I am really not kidding when I say this but, I knew he was going to miss that PAT. I was already going through the scenario in my head for when we had to score another touchdown before the end of reg. His scholly isn't getting pulled because this busch league program hasn't had a full roster in years.

Now that said, you know Baker was going to let VT drive right down the field regardless, right? PAT or no PAT.

Whatever....yeah he sucks but he is a very minor problem comparered to thd real issue.
Diaz and his boys wefense gave up a touchdown after the miss anyways

Advertisement
Advertisement
You literally could feel the wind get sucked out of Hard Rock when he missed. The kid can kickoff moving forward but if you let him placekick another extra point or field goal you are not holding him accountable. In a drizzle, the snap and hold were perfect.

100% accurate. Everyone was stunned, but not stunned. It felt like the 3 touchdowns were now worth half as much as previously, because now we've got to do it again.

The defense and crowd would have been in Notre Dame 2017-type attacking frenzy, had we led 36-35.

Instead, given the missed conversion and the 15 yard penalty on the kickoff, it was like the crowd was uncertain and feared the worst.

In golf, the axiom is that nerves cause a miss to the right. That's what it looked like with Baxa. I was a long way away but it appeared he got scared and merely punched at that kick, begging it to go through instead of a confident full follow through while knowing it would go through.

When a kicker has broken, he's broken. There is virtually nothing you can do to resurrect them. Look at the magical little Mexican from Florida State who completely washed out in the NFL. He never missed a kick his entire college career save for a block by GT and maybe one more, IIRC.

Now, Baxa wasn't even good in high school so he is a special case of supreme suckage.

It's like the movie Moneyball., When the scouts are talking about some prospect for whom, "the ball just explodes off the bat," and then Billy Beane looks at his deplorable BA and says, "well if he's a good hitter how come he doesn't hit good?"

For any complaining about going for two, you better get used to it, we should be like that HS in GA and just forget he is on the roster at all for PATs. I would have no problem with it.

I knew he was going to miss the point after. We got that touchdown and I said out loud "Don't matter, Baxa going to miss it". Ask my wife. She was kind of surprised that I knew how it would turn out. Baxa's consistency at sucking is making me look like a genius.
Predicted it before it happened in the gameday thread. It's like this **** show is following a **** script..

Advertisement
Back