Discussion: Realistic mock class

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
QB: Braylon Braxton or Chayden Peery
Transfer: JT Daniels/Taulia Tagovailoa

Pick summary: So we’re not doing so hot here and I personally would choose Braxton if offered but we’re probably heading down the path of both of these guys being offered. Betting odds say we’re taking Taulia even though I prefer JT so...

RB: Thad Franklin

Pick Summary: This is expected.

WR: Jaden Alexis

WR: Jacolby George

WR: Romello Brinson

Pick Summary: People keep saying Jaden is the primary guy in the slot this class but I believe he can play on the outside being that he’s not small and can get vertical. That left me a choice of Yul and Jacolby in the slot and from a WR standpoint Jacolby is the choice. Jacolby has the higher ceiling and really good hands. I’m going MNW connection here with Mello. Watch Quincy Skinner here as the season rolls. It’s gonna be hard to turn down a kid that measured 6’1 with a 4.6 and a 35 inch vert last year AND producing if Mello wants to play games.

TE: Elijah Arroyo

TE: Khalil Brantley

Pick Summary: Expected

OT: Tristian Leigh

OT: Michael McLaughlin

OG: Laurence Seymore

OC: Ryan Rodriguez

Pick Summary: As expected but I wanted to be risky by picking Leigh. If Stefan is right then with a big season which for the first time looks absolutely realistic and a great recruiter in Justice then the icing on our cake looks to be Leigh. Either or adding Walker probably make its Leigh/Byrd or nothing anyways.

DE: Jabari Ishmael

DE: Chamon Metayer

Pick Summary: As expected but it all depends if Chamon agrees to be a DE. I would take Jacorey if he grew in a heartbeat. I can’t stand the take at LB but would love it here. Patrick Peyton if he doesn’t.

DT: Savion Collins

DT: Allen Haye

Pick Summary: The longer there is no news with Savion is good news and I personally think Issiah needs to go have a chat with the Palmetto kids. I guess Christopher Thomas or George Rooks could be DT NO.3 but there’s no evidence so far.

LB: Tyler Johnson

LB: Jacorey Hammett

LB: Jayden Hood

Pick summary: Jacorey’s spot should be going to Chase Smith or Caden Fordham. I don’t care how good of a pass rusher he is unless he grew and can put his hand in the dirt then he shouldn’t be here. Like that a lot of people don’t know that Hood’s mom went to UM. Watch Jackie Marshall and Caden for that Mike backer spot if something happens to Hood.

CB: Malik Curtis

CB: Tar’Varish Dawson

CB: Tim Burns

Pick Summary: Tar’Varish is eventually going to be in this class. I don’t like Tim burns and he should be replaced with Kevin Knowles but neither of them are going to be taken over Tar’Varish. They’ve been recruiting him since sophomore year.

S: Kam Kitchens

Pick Summary: having all the big time MNW kids will probably pay off but I think it’s gonna be a race between Jardin Gilbert and him.

K: Andres Borregales

Pick Summary: As expected.

ATH: Chase Smith

Pick summary: It better be Chase. He might not have Isaiah’s athleticism but almost everybody you can find won’t. From a position standpoint he’ll be able to do the same thing Isaiah Simmons did for Clemson.

Overall Summary:

This is probably how it’s gonna end up with Leigh being the only real stretch but I’m going with Stefan and the last report he made. 247 class calculator would give this class with Braxton as the QB a score of 248.53 and a 248.72 with Chayden Peery as the class QB. All of this equals a top 20 class.

Advertisement
We need a 2nd RB. With our luck Harris declares lol and Burns transfers then we are left with 3 rbs.
Problem is there’s no evidence of another being taken. If I had an idea then I could put it in there but I don’t.

Problem is there’s no evidence of another being taken. If I had an idea then I could put it in there but I don’t.
I know and that’s kind of alarming. I know it’s May but if Harris has a good year he is gone. I guess we will see. Should always have at least 4 rbs on the roster.

Advertisement
If one of the corners need to be dropped it should be Curtis for Knowles.
No it wouldn’t. Malik actually has some length to him and if that was the case then Malik would’ve never been taken. We’re not recruiting Kevin like that. We’re literally just waiting for Tar’Varish to finally commit and we’ll be done at CB.

I also forgot to mention to watch Jaden Alexis become the Athlete of this class if Quincy explodes. That’ll allow them to decide where best to use Jaden being that he’ll probably be a great CB as well.

Advertisement
I think it'll be a 2 RB / 1 DE class.

With Blisset switching to DE that fills another spot.
2-3 with DTs

Lowkey would love for Miami flip Sapp. I think he's perfect 3-tech for our system.
Trade out for Savion? I’m down but how realistic is it? And who’ll be the second RB?

May I make a suggestion?

@Zbrod95 why aren't u such a big fan of hammett he is the same prospect as sam brooks and brooks looked **** good in his pt this year. Wait for his senior film this year he is gonna be playing lb alot more this year and you will see what the staff does

Trade out for Savion? I’m down but how realistic is it? And who’ll be the second RB?

May I make a suggestion?

Don't need to trade him out for anyone. I'm just saying he's a prospect that would fit great in the system. Better than a 3-4 system for sure.

Haven't watched too many RBs this cycle so I'm not predicting anyone but I'm saying for roster purposes they need another one

I think they are selling 1 RB in the class to Thad. Selling point to keep him in the class. He’s not playing basketball here.

Advertisement
Don't need to trade him out for anyone. I'm just saying he's a prospect that would fit great in the system. Better than a 3-4 system for sure.

Haven't watched too many RBs this cycle so I'm not predicting anyone but I'm saying for roster purposes they need another one

yea Sapp aint a backseat to anyone. And we have been on him since he was an 8th grader. Him and Big Baby seymore are allll off the same team with Amari Daniels that we all offered.

yea Sapp aint a backseat to anyone. And we have been on him since he was an 8th grader. Him and Big Baby seymore are allll off the same team with Amari Daniels that we all offered.
Yeah on that FTL Hurricanes. Pretty sure Mcburrows was on that team and a few Carol City kids

Advertisement
Sorry but with how stacked this cycle is down here, maybe the best ever, if we are only top 20 thats not good.

This year has to be top 10. 12 at worse maybe 7 at best.

On a side note we are desperately missing speed like Dawsons, Alexis, and Leary. Id still recruit Leary til signing day.

We need to start getting some cheap big play touchdowns again.

Jersey City (NJ) St. Peter's Prep DE George Rooks says he’s talking with Miami Hurricanes coaches “two or three times a week.”

And it’s Jonathan Patke that has taken the lead role in his recruitment.

“He’s a good guy,” Rooks said. “He’s pretty cool, and I heard he’s a great coach, too.

“(He) mostly just checks up and asks how I am doing with all this (virus lockdown) craziness.”

Rooks, whose father played at Syracuse and then with the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins, says UM factors high into his thinking.

Jersey City (NJ) St. Peter's Prep DE George Rooks says he’s talking with Miami Hurricanes coaches “two or three times a week.”

And it’s Jonathan Patke that has taken the lead role in his recruitment.

“He’s a good guy,” Rooks said. “He’s pretty cool, and I heard he’s a great coach, too.

“(He) mostly just checks up and asks how I am doing with all this (virus lockdown) craziness.”

Rooks, whose father played at Syracuse and then with the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins, says UM factors high into his thinking.
So this Rooks dude can't be the brightest person based off what he's saying about our most useless coach

Advertisement
Back