Dionte Mullins' first interview at UM

View as article
Advertisement
He seemed really nervous but your questions calmed.him down. Seems like a really good kid. Just needs to relax.

Last year had to be a bit disappointing for him. Hoping he gets his chance to shine now and balls out

Advertisement
He looks focused and comfortable. Good for him. Hoping for the best that he balls out just like Richards did last year.

Rooting hard for this young man. Whole world is in front of him with that talent.

Advertisement
I feel like this guy is capable of giving us a view, of what Malcolm Lewis could have been, had he not gotten injured...

Talented in his own right, but think Mullins skillsets (vs Malcolm pre-injury) are similar.

I feel like this guy is capable of giving us a view, of what Malcolm Lewis could have been, had he not gotten injured...

Talented in his own right, but think Mullins skillsets (vs Malcolm pre-injury) are similar.

I think Mullins is a better all around talent but I do see the comparison, sure handed, physical receiver that is deceptively fast and elusive.

I think Mullins is a better all around talent but I do see the comparison, sure handed, physical receiver that is deceptively fast and elusive.

Agree, but that catch Malcolm made in his State Championship game had me thinking we had a stronger Reggie Wayne coming.

Advertisement
The key for someone like Dionte (or someone!) is whether he can get separation and use his strength to convert those quick ins and slants from the Z (flanker) WR position. We missed a number of those opportunities in important games last year.

If not Mullins or Cager, I'd really like to see Jeff Thomas tried at that spot. Instead of strength, Thomas would do it with acceleration, and the net from the 1 on 1 opportunities Berrios missed on last year might look awfully different on a stat sheet and on the scoreboard.

The key for someone like Dionte (or someone!) is whether he can get separation and use his strength to convert those quick ins and slants from the Z (flanker) WR position. We missed a number of those opportunities in important games last year.

If not Mullins or Cager, I'd really like to see Jeff Thomas tried at that spot. Instead of strength, Thomas would do it with acceleration, and the net from the 1 on 1 opportunities Berrios missed on last year might look awfully different on a stat sheet and on the scoreboard.

We've touched on this a bit, but in your opinion who do you think plays the Y (slot) this year? Berrios? Given your druthers, who would you like to see there?

We've touched on this a bit, but in your opinion who do you think plays the Y (slot) this year? Berrios? Given your druthers, who would you like to see there?
Hope to see Berrios there, and think we'll see that more. Probably a combination of guys including Berrios, Thomas and possibly Dallas. Remember, we had a TE in the slot a bunch last year. He happened to be a unique TE, so looking forward to see how Richt adjusts his sets.

Advertisement
Would like to see the stat on how many times Berries was targeted last year. I rarely saw Bard look his way. Just curious.

Based on Walton's running ability, I would use only DJ Dallas, Hartley, and Thomas in the slot. Why? For example, DJ Dallas can be used on jet sweeps; whereby, he can run or pass. Hartley and Thomas speed will force the defense to keep both safeties deep. Richards has the attention of the FS, and the SS does not match up with speed. Berrios, Mullins, and Cager are wide-outs. By forcing the defensive safeties to stay back, allows the running game and TEs to play downhill. Schematic 101: dictate and make the defense adjust with fear!

My guy D Mullins. Our WR core is going to be punking a lot of DBs. Richards was already on record being one of the strongest guys on the team, period. We saw how many tackles that young man broke. Mullins is already giving DBs fit in school and he has extremely strong hands. I'm pulling so hard for this kid to be successful. We need our play makers to continue to thrive so these kids in Florida and nationally see that Miami is the place to be, period.

Advertisement
Back