Dimitri Moore

CaneGng13

Freshman
Transfer portal LB from Cedar Hill, Texas. Same school as Charleston Rambo and Jarrid Williams. (6'3/234) Redshirt junior that led Vandy with 99 tackles in 2019, and would still have up to two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Not the fastest guy but definitely a thumper in the middle. Instantly would become the most experienced LB on the roster and add some necessary size to our LB’s

Advertisement
Advertisement
1618931696095.png

Derek Mason knows how to find and develop LBs. Not saying he would be a good fit scheme wise here but he definitely was coached up.

Transfer portal LB from Cedar Hill, Texas. Same school as Charleston Rambo and Jarrid Williams. (6'3/234) Redshirt junior that led Vandy with 99 tackles in 2019, and would still have up to two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Not the fastest guy but definitely a thumper in the middle. Instantly would become the most experienced LB on the roster and add some necessary size to our LB’s
Doesn’t matter about the speed, I’m sure he’s faster or just as fast as the LB we have now... AND he has the size too!

Advertisement

Highlights of Dimitri Moore who played in 30 games his entire career at Vanderbilt University and started in 24 of them. He accumulated 219 career tackles. After the NFL prospect only participated in 6 games in the covid 2020 season, Moore decided to opt out and enter the transfer portal with 2 years of eligibility left. A decision on his new ho...

I like him. Wouldn’t mind him in O and G, one bit. He’s got 2 yrs of eligibility left, and has been coached up by D. Mason.

I didn’t watch his film because I read negative stuff here , my god wtf are you watching? He’s far from slow lol. Dude is covering rb’s down the seam and playing great zone coverage, I saw him eat blocks , fight off double teams then make the tackle. This cat blows the Texas lb away. No lb on our roster is making plays in space like this or tfl’s. While playing against top competition. Y’all tripping.

Advertisement
I didn’t watch his film because I read negative stuff here , my god wtf are you watching? He’s far from slow lol. Dude is covering rb’s down the seam and playing great zone coverage, I saw him eat blocks , fight off double teams then make the tackle. This cat blows the Texas lb away. No lb on our roster is making plays in space like this or tfl’s. While playing against top competition. Y’all tripping.
A 3 minute highlight clip better show his best. I think those highlights are from 2019 and I watched a cut up from a game in 2020. Slow to hole on a play. Missed a tackle that lead to a big run. Fooled multiple times on boot action. He fell down like his knee buckled without contact. It was one game and maybe he was dealing with something but he looked heavy and not that athletic. He had 0.5 TFL in 6 games in 2020 so he wasn't making many plays in 2020 and dipped on his team before the season was over. So if we were worried about Mitchell being a problem upstairs how do we rationalize Moore quitting before the season was over?

He opted out before the year because his grandpa died of COVID then opted back in right before so maybe he was out of shape from the jump.

Advertisement
A 3 minute highlight clip better show his best. I think those highlights are from 2019 and I watched a cut up from a game in 2020. Slow to hole on a play. Missed a tackle that lead to a big run. Fooled multiple times on boot action. He fell down like his knee buckled without contact. It was one game and maybe he was dealing with something but he looked heavy and not that athletic. He had 0.5 TFL in 6 games in 2020 so he wasn't making many plays in 2020 and dipped on his team before the season was over. So if we were worried about Mitchell being a problem upstairs how do we rationalize Moore quitting before the season was over?

He opted out before the year because his grandpa died of COVID then opted back in right before so maybe he was out of shape from the jump.
Fair.

That part is the issue that concerns me the most. Maybe that’s why we haven’t heard as much on him. They’ve definitely spoke with him, but quitting mid season is a bad look. But that mess they caused with the soccer kicker caused a lot of issues , especially when there was far better options on the team to kick. The players were ****ed being used as bs publicity stunt and making a circus out of the program. It’s already vandy , so I feel the guys who left pain.

Last edited:
I wonder why he’s been in the portal for six month’s

Advertisement
Back