DiMare?

Advertisement
I think most people are. There was significant improvement last season from the team in 2018 and he's recruiting extremely well (2020 class is #1 on Perfect Game, 2021 class is #4). He's put together a roster this year that is every bit as talented as we were in 2015/16, and is being projected by basically everyone who covers the sport to be a team that should return to Omaha. He also has us playing a much more modern style of baseball than we did under Morris. We shift as much as anyone and we no longer try to play small ball.

We'll see how this year goes though. The concerns are probably mostly around his game management, and to meet expectations we'll have to do better in close games.

Much improved under Di Mare . Am happy with him thus far. A few game management lapses last year, but players faring poorly under pressure was the real culprit responsible for relinquishing hosting duties. Great recruiter (as expected]

Yes had a very good first year. Needs to work on bullpen management, but I think that will come as he gains experience. He is recruiting very well and recruiting kids that have a great shot at making it to campus.

I wonder how much COA at Miami hurts the recruiting efforts? Since a student-athlete cannot combine Athletic and Academic scholarships at Miami, I would think recruiting would be a little more challenging.....any thoughts on this?

Advertisement
He had a solid first year and possibly could have gone a step further had we hosted instead of traveling to Starkville. I'm looking forward to next season, the great recruiting doesn't hurt either.

We all knew DiMare could recruit by the numbers you see from the services...I want to see how many kids are ballers and how many are misses. I want to see overall development and growth of what we do end up with on the roster. We were young last year, now it's time to see from season to season how they developed.

I like that we're giving our hitters chances to hit in situations instead of relying upon bunting a guy over. Nothing wrong w/small ball in small doses, just can't be the staple of your offense as it was near the end of 3's tenure. If you're grooming these kids to play at the next level, you don't see much small ball there. You see guys needing to come through with a clutch single as needed.

Someone already beat me to it - but bullpen management was lacking. We need more depth that we can count on out of the pen, and a quicker hook when a particular kid just doesn't have it that day. That cost us a bunch of games last season.

I'm not ready to say I'm "happy" with him as the HC, but he showed enough last year where I want to see more, see if he tries to improve as a coach and how he pushes us to improve as a team.

Made the regionals with a young team and things are looking up.recruiting is on tap with everyone el se.guess some here can't stand progress/prosperity I like the direction this team is headed.

I usually go to a few games a year.... Good fun and prices at the light.... Great atmosphere.... Didn't make any games last two years.... I'll be down this year.... Looks good....

Advertisement
My biggest worry with Di Mare is his motivation. His recruiting results thus far are stellar; and are a testament to his hard work, but will he continue to grind at it.....

He also hired two great assistants (one departed but the replacement is also highly respected). He kept Arteaga, which am thrilled about, and he is implementing analytics (well, the new assistant is...). My main concern with Di Mare is whether he will maintain that competitive zeal. My hope is that he hands the reigns to Arteaga before the program enters a decline (à la Morris, who stayed on for a few years longer than he should have).

During a special event Thursday night at the home of UM president Julio Frenk, baseball coach Gino DiMare revealed he’s contributing $500,000 toward a $7 million facility renovation for baseball. Frenk joins Mark Richt as UM coaches who helped pay for facilities in recent years. An announcement expected tomorrow.

Advertisement
During a special event Thursday night at the home of UM president Julio Frenk, baseball coach Gino DiMare revealed he’s contributing $500,000 toward a $7 million facility renovation for baseball. Frenk joins Mark Richt as UM coaches who helped pay for facilities in recent years. An announcement expected tomorrow.

Any guess what their doing? An indoor batting/pitching facility seems like it should be the #1 priority

Dimare & Arteaga Are So Slow In Recognizing What Even I Can Decipher. When A Pitcher Doesn't Have It Thay Night. VELIZ Waiting In The Bullpen In Starkville As Federman Was Imploding !!! What Is Dimare Waiting For !!!??? The Season Is On The Line And He Lets A Federman With A Dead Arm That Anyone Can See Stay In The Game. Greg Veliz Has To Come In That Situation!!!!!!! WTF

It looks like the right field bleachers will be removed for the indoor facility. Also, couldn’t we at least have been ahead of the Gators on the scoreboard in our own rendering.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back