Difference Makers ?!

Cane&Abel

Junior
Premium
Let me ask the room.
Many have played for Miami over the last 20+ years and many have not really made a difference!!
What is the definition of a difference maker??!
The only player in that span to me that sticks out is DUKE!
What other players have been worthy of such acknowledgment?
We need to get some DUDES but we really have not had such a thing in over 20 years !! 20 years !!!🫤

Advertisement
A. Richards
Brevin Jordan
Njoku
Miller
A. Richards😤 .. yes but he had to hang it up so we really never seen his ceiling.
B. Jordan 🫤
Njoku 🫤
Miller was good but not to the point where every time he touch the ball it made you say “Here we gooo”! Sooo😐

Brashard has multiple 75+ yard TDs

George has scored multiple long TDs

Both local 4-stars with ability who are stuck on a team running the Wing-T

Who do we think is going to fall out of the sky for us at the skill positions?

We have Harrell, Joseph, Johnson and Washington collecting dust on the sidelines.

The staff does not and would not know what do with more speed.

They will just continue to run dives into 10-man fronts and live with the results.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’ll know one when you see one.

If you have to ask, we ain’t gottem.
Soooo if we ain’t got em … how they heck to we expect to be a 10 win team with a coach that does not know how to do more with less!
Mario had decent records at Oregon due to having more of everything. But again his coaching always got in the way.

Brashard has multiple 75+ yard TDs

George has scored multiple long TDs

Both local 4-stars with ability who are stuck on a team running the Wing-T

Who do we think is going to fall out of the sky for us at the skill positions?

We have Joseph, Johnson and Washington collecting dust on the sidelines.
I hear you ! Don’t get me wrong our guys have talent .. yes ! But not on the level of difference making in my opinion.

Advertisement
What’s it matter when u have a corch who doesn’t want to use them. Just wants to fizical into loaded boxes so we can play complimentary football

What’s it matter when u have a corch who doesn’t want to use them. Just wants to fizical into loaded boxes so we can play complimentary football
We all agree … Mario is not the coach to turn this around .. but just wanted to see what y’all definition was of a difference maker. It’s sad that we still going back 20+ years to celebrate players during halftimes !

Advertisement
Have said for a LOOOOOOONG time, we overrate our players then get surprised in the big games when they are needed to perform why they just arent it. I seriously think a high percentage dont watch ball outside of miami games because they dont know what its supposed to look like..

Have said for a LOOOOOOONG time, we overrate our players then get surprised in the big games when they are needed to perform why they just arent it. I seriously think a high percentage dont watch ball outside of miami games because they dont know what its supposed to look like..
I agree. If you watch the big dogs of college football there are difference makers all over the field. We have a couple of guys here and there but NOWHERE near the rate to be real contenders… how many different makers did that FSU team have on the field yesterday. I can name a few.. we are not there YET!

Advertisement
For a while, UM was still putting players into the NFL, and they stuck around. Perryman, Burns, Feliciano, Duke, Jaquan, Berrios, Osborne, Njoku. That stopped around 6-7 years ago. The team has been stuck in 1st gear. When the talent was around, the coaching misused it. That caused talented recruits, the difference makers mentioned in another post, to choose other programs. Mario has started to bring talent back to Miami, but that won't last if the team continues struggling to reach 7-5.

The problems at QB illustrate the problem. The top QB recruits aren't interested in an anemic offense scheme and you can see that in the incoming 2024 class. Judd Anderson is UM's 3-star commit at QB. Except for Mississippi, the other programs that showed interest in him were at the same level as UM. So, Mario might bring in top OL, DL, LB, DB and receiving talent, at least in the short term. But without a dynamic offense and a NFL-quality QB that can keep up with the competition, Mario will find it difficult to bring talent in, fans will call for a change, and the whole cycle starts over.

The cycle might have cracked a bit with a knee and a 4-and-1 conversion to put the team at 8-2 right now. Heck, 27-20 against FSU is even better than many would have predicted. But, alas, the team is 6-4 and possibly on track for a 6-6 season and another meaningless bowl. The cycle continues.

For a while, UM was still putting players into the NFL, and they stuck around. Perryman, Burns, Feliciano, Duke, Jaquan, Berrios, Osborne, Njoku. That stopped around 6-7 years ago. The team has been stuck in 1st gear. When the talent was around, the coaching misused it. That caused talented recruits, the difference makers mentioned in another post, to choose other programs. Mario has started to bring talent back to Miami, but that won't last if the team continues struggling to reach 7-5.

The problems at QB illustrate the problem. The top QB recruits aren't interested in an anemic offense scheme and you can see that in the incoming 2024 class. Judd Anderson is UM's 3-star commit at QB. Except for Mississippi, the other programs that showed interest in him were at the same level as UM. So, Mario might bring in top OL, DL, LB, DB and receiving talent, at least in the short term. But without a dynamic offense and a NFL-quality QB that can keep up with the competition, Mario will find it difficult to bring talent in, fans will call for a change, and the whole cycle starts over.

The cycle might have cracked a bit with a knee and a 4-and-1 conversion to put the team at 8-2 right now. Heck, 27-20 against FSU is even better than many would have predicted. But, alas, the team is 6-4 and possibly on track for a 6-6 season and another meaningless bowl. The cycle continues.
Whatever happened to “Be the change you want to see”??! These kids have grown up in this “On demand” society.
I think Mario will change and get the right OC. One thing for sure , there is no one on this earth that bleeds more orange and green than him.
Just like he did last year , if he has to let go of entire staff he will do that until it’s right. But one thing he has to learn is to stop being such a micromanager.

Advertisement
Back