Difference between Manny and Mario

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Manny landed Jalen Hurts he would probably still be here. Mario wouldn't take no for an answer and it may be what keeps him here beyond year 3-4 if it all works out.
If we start Hurts instead of Jarren in 2019 we probably win a few more one score games and get blasted by Lawrence and Clemson in Charlotte and land another recruit or two. Don’t think it changes much in the long term

If we start Hurts instead of Jarren in 2019 we probably win a few more one score games and get blasted by Lawrence and Clemson in Charlotte and land another recruit or two. Don’t think it changes much in the long term
I think it's bigger than that, but that's just my opinion. He would have still been drafted high and we would have had two really good seasons within a couple of years of each other to point to and sell along with the opportunity to land better QBs. Could have completely changed the trajectory like hopefully Cam does for us now.

Not enough to make a significant impact on the outcome of the season, but it helps Manny’s perception of being able to attract top talent.

/Manny sucks and deserved to get canned when he did.
Manny banked on his OC hire being able to deliver Hurts. The rest is history.

Advertisement
Hurts had a lot of struggles before he went to OU.

Manny gave up 778 yards to North Carolina. Hurts doesn't play linebacker.

We are schematically night and day different right now. It may still go down as 8-4 on paper, but there was no potential for success with Manny, even with Hurts.

If Manny landed Jalen Hurts he would probably still be here. Mario wouldn't take no for an answer and it may be what keeps him here beyond year 3-4 if it all works out.
If hurts came in 2019..he’d be damaged goods from the hits he took in the opening vs UF

Jalens mentality and leadership would probably be enough to change the culture of the team. His work ethic would rub off on everybody including Nkosi and TVD.

Yeah I think Manny is still here. If it's only a few more 1 score game wins than Manny is pumping out 9+ win seasons.

But he didn't. Unfortunately luck is apart of life. The difference in trajectory can be tremendous.

If he'd won one of the close ACC losses with a Freshman QB in 21 (especially FSU) he'd probably still be here.

Advertisement
Hurts had a lot of struggles before he went to OU.

Manny gave up 778 yards to North Carolina. Hurts doesn't play linebacker.

We are schematically night and day different right now. It may still go down as 8-4 on paper, but there was no potential for success with Manny, even with Hurts.
We’re night n day different from the talent and body types across the entire roster

If hurts came in 2019..he’d be damaged goods from the hits he took in the opening vs UF
I don't think so. Jarren was a good QB at escaping pressure and hurts would have gotten out of a lot of pickles Jarren couldn't.

Advertisement
Yeah, that and many more things! Like being an elite recruiter, and actually recruiting big time linebackers. Lol

I thought at the time that was the most pivotal miss he had as a coach. Hurts could have been a program changer for Miami.
Not with manures recruiting ability, or lack there of. Or his lack of instilling discipline on the team.

in many ways Manny was more stubborn than Mario. he would make changes on a whim for offense, and would go into the portal yes, but Manny was tied to his defense until the end

Mario gets a lot of **** on here for being stubborn with all the "fizical" jokes and everyone's thoughts on his offense, but he consistently proves that he's willing to make the hard decisions needed

now have we improved yet? no. this coming year will be the ultimate litmus test

Advertisement
Back