Difference between Butch's players and Golden's players

mjarv21

Redshirt Freshman
Forget playing under Golden or Scott, these guys give up. Weak a$$ mentality.

Anyone remember to story of true freshman Clinton Portis getting on guys' a$$es on the sideline that were quitting in the 1999 Va Tech game when we were getting blown out? That's the mentality level of the players butch looked for that created the 2000-2002 run.

These guys fold. Hopefully butch gets them straightened out fast!

#BBB

Advertisement
They gun say we had seven draft picks lol. Yo we send ok llayers to the league butch sends amari cooper nfl hall of famers to the league. We sending ok players to the league this is not a miami caliber roster, hire butch and watch the fkin sruds line up and the wins, it will take awhile for anyone. They have to lock up sfla miami is now a difficult job because u going against saban fisher miles and everyone else. Butch is the only connect that doeant have to reestablish any relationships

You want a team full of guys with balls and a ton of pride that will always give 100% effort. that's what Butch looks for. Sometimes guys have talent but no balls. I think we have that problem on this team.

Different game but just wanted to add to this...

"When Portis was still a relative unknown, Lee Corso singled out Portis’s performance during a defeat by Florida State for hustling and never giving up, saying 'that kid can play for me any time' "

Advertisement
What's sad is that I don't think these guys are INHERENTLY soft, they're a product of al's system and mindset. New coach will have an opportunity to instill new values and toughen them the f*** up. I'm just not sure that transformation can be made quickly.

I believe in both games being referred in this thread the actual game was the East Carolina game. the game David Garrard kicked our ***

Advertisement
This team is a toilet. The entire team is softer than puppy ****. It needs a big time *****. We have no heart and no pride and are way too willing to bend over and get raped on national TV by a basketball school.

Difference is the players believed in Butch because he saw something in them they didn't know they had and he develop that talent. Golden on the other hand discovered it then misused it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed. Two absolute blowout losses definitely point to softness....

Difficult to believe that Miami has a soft team....

The admin better make a really solid decision.....I really don't even watch the games anymore - if they're playing awful, I put it on mute and if it continues I just turn it off and enjoy my day without having to watch rubbish football being played...

Forget playing under Golden or Scott, these guys give up. Weak a$$ mentality.

Anyone remember to story of true freshman Clinton Portis getting on guys' a$$es on the sideline that were quitting in the 1999 Va Tech game when we were getting blown out? That's the mentality level of the players butch looked for that created the 2000-2002 run.

These guys fold. Hopefully butch gets them straightened out fast!

#BBB

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back